• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Got a fun one here!!!

When a case owner is updated to a queue, there is a different email notification (perhaps a default one) that goes out to the queue email instead of the template that goes out when the new owner is an individual and you check the checkbox "send email notification."

We want that custom template (that is sent out to an individual) to be sent out in all cases.  HOW????

Also - this was not happening before - for years actually. Was there a system update that changed this?

Thanks!  

Here is default email that goes out to queues.  

Subject: Case transferred to you.

Case sf-XXXXXXX has been assigned to you. Please click on the link below to view the record.

https://na2.salesforce.com/xxxxxxxxxx

System was working fine until this morning, now all of a sudden is starting to generate this email error notification.  Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?

ERROR MESSGE:  The following errors were encountered while processing an incoming email:

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY : emailAttachmentReassigner: execution of BeforeInsert

caused by: System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101

Trigger.emailAttachmentReassigner: line 13, column 1 CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY : emailAttachmentReassigner: execution of BeforeInsert

Trigger.emailAttachmentReassigner: line 13, column 1 CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY : emailAttachmentReassigner: execution of BeforeInsert

Here's a fun one:  

If I have a Queue with a designated Queue Email, when I change that email to a new address, does the system send an Email Verificiation/Notification to the address the way it does if you update a User's Email Address?

I ask because we have Queues that are distirbution lists and I don't want to blitz all the users.

Thanks!  

Strange.  I am getting any error when attempting to sync emails to the history of a contact or account, however this had not happened before. 

We had to switch offices due to the hurricane and so I downloaded connect to office again on this new computer.  It does sync my tasks from outlook but not the specified email.  Do you think it could be because I've downloaded Outlook for Connect on two different machines? 

Here is a message it throws. 

This message was created automatically by the mail system.

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> emailtosalesforce@7-28757plwrursd3jzcdovvfr9s.3-plpeam.4.le.salesforce.com (Undelivered): 554 Transaction failed: (MY Outlook Address)  is not authorized to send emails to this service."

However, my outlook address is specified on my user detail page and is assoicated with a Outlook config with "add email"

I have a multiple step approval process and I would like to send a different Approval Assignment notifications to each different step.  

If step 1 is approved, Step two's approval assignment would indicate that step 1 had just been approved. 
If step 2 is approved, Step three would indicate that step two had just been approved and indicate that it would be the last step in the process

I know I can add follow up actions when it is approved/rejected and assign different email templates there, but ideally I would be able to change the Approval Assignment notification in each step as well. 

Am I missing that capability somewhere?

Thanks.  

I just inherated an instance with one sandbox.  I want to refresh it to update the fields and workflows I've added but this message stopped me in my tracks.  

"You are about to delete your old sandbox called "Sandbox" and switch to the new copy you requested. This change cannot be undone. Note: This operation will completely delete your old "Sandbox" sandbox and all contents. To acknowledge that you have read and understood this warning, please type the sentence below into the text box before pressing Switch Sandbox Copy."

I'm farely new to this stuff.  Will I lose triggers and test classes, and other things I do not know of?  The instance only has one functioning sandbox, which is the one I wish to refresh.

Thanks!  

know they will not be deleted, you have to do that manually, but will they be able to finish the approval process despite the approval process now being deactivated?

System was working fine until this morning, now all of a sudden is starting to generate this email error notification.  Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?

ERROR MESSGE:  The following errors were encountered while processing an incoming email:

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY : emailAttachmentReassigner: execution of BeforeInsert

I just inherated an instance with one sandbox.  I want to refresh it to update the fields and workflows I've added but this message stopped me in my tracks.  

"You are about to delete your old sandbox called "Sandbox" and switch to the new copy you requested. This change cannot be undone. Note: This operation will completely delete your old "Sandbox" sandbox and all contents. To acknowledge that you have read and understood this warning, please type the sentence below into the text box before pressing Switch Sandbox Copy."

I'm farely new to this stuff.  Will I lose triggers and test classes, and other things I do not know of?  The instance only has one functioning sandbox, which is the one I wish to refresh.

Thanks!  

I am not sure if answer to my question below is pretty simple and not getting in to my head...

Salesforce allows to use only one communication template for all steps in an approval process. Is there a way to use different templates for different stages.  Basically we wanted to send an email alert to user with whom action is pending next in case of rejection or approval in current level. Right now same email is sent for all events. Please let me know of there is any issue with out setup.

Thanks in anticipation,

• October 07, 2008