• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

first I want to explain the situation:

I want to add a list of records for a specific object on the home page.

The list should be sortable by all columns and if i click on a record, it should take me to the detail page.

So I created a Custom Home Page Component, that I want to fill with a "apex:listViews".

Full code for my vf page is here (Time_Sheet__c is my custom object):

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
  <apex:listViews type="Time_Sheet__c"/>
</apex:page>

After that I added an iframe to my html custom component:

<iframe id="timeSheetList" src="/apex/Time_Sheet_List_View" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="350"></iframe>

After that i have a list appearing on my home page.

So everything is correct, right?

No!

Because if I click a record Id/Name in the list, it will open it in the iframe.

But I want the surrounding page to load the record detail page.

I added the onload-Attribut to the iframe tag:

onload="changeLocation(this.contentWindow.location);"

So it will execute following code AFTER it has loaded the detail page:

function changeLocation ( newUrl ) {
  window.location = newUrl;  
}

But this means, that it will load the page in the iframe and then changes the browser location.

The strange thing is, that if I am in development mode, it opens the page in the surrounding window automatically and not in the iframe.

I am not happy with the current solution.

Is there any possibility to rebuild the functionality from the development view?

Thanks in advance

• March 27, 2013

Hello,

I am currently working on a visualforce page which is used as a web app.

To accomplish this I used a custom controller and RemoteAction-functions.

Now I came to a point, where I want to perform some error handling.

Ok so I have a error handling function that takes the event attribute and converts it into an error/success - message.

To differ between the response cases I tried to figure out what the attribute means, but I found nothing but this little documentation: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_js_remoting.htm#handling_remote_response

Is there any detailed documentation about the response object?

Or is there a best practice guide on how to handle remoting exceptions?

Thanks

• February 15, 2013

Hi there,

I want to upload User objects in Salesforce via a remote access application.
I use the Salesforce REST API and the first two users are upserted correctly, but after two users I get a timeout.

If I restart the application everything works fine for the next two users and then I get another timeout.

This is very frustrating, because I have to upload another 500 users.

Please help!

• November 26, 2012

Hi there,

I want to perform an upsert with a UserRole object from an application with remote access.

The account with that I want to perform this is System Administrator and has all rights, that are necessary.

But if I do my PATCH-request, I get a "WebException" with following response:

[ { 
"message" : "Provided external ID field does not exist or is not accessible: DeveloperName",
"errorCode" : "NOT_FOUND"
} ]

This happens in my application and on workbench (https://workbench.developerforce.com).

But if I do a POST-Request it works all fine.

In the api documentation it says it can be updated and created (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_role.htm).

Pls help, thx!

• October 29, 2012

Hi there,

I want to perform an upsert with a UserRole object from an application with remote access.

The account with that I want to perform this is System Administrator and has all rights, that are necessary.

But if I do my PATCH-request, I get a "WebException" with following response:

[ { 
"message" : "Provided external ID field does not exist or is not accessible: DeveloperName",
"errorCode" : "NOT_FOUND"
} ]

This happens in my application and on workbench (https://workbench.developerforce.com).

But if I do a POST-Request it works all fine.

In the api documentation it says it can be updated and created (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_role.htm).

Pls help, thx!

• October 29, 2012

Example: I have a Object A with many fields: ID, Name, Version__c,DescriptionName__c

and Data here:

Record : Name                   Version__c                          DescriptionName__c

Protocol1              1                                                //

Protocol1              2                                                //

Protcol 2               1                                              //

Protocol3              1                                              //

Protocol2               2                                              //

I want to get All Protocols have max value.

The result have to return : Protocol1 - version :2

Protocol2- version: 2

Protocol3 - version:1

Please help me,

datthepsoft

i need to send mass email to list of  emails.

My requirment is look like this

i have one custome object (i.e Training__c).in this object having fields Name,Email,Phone.

i want to send email to all records.

Can any one help me.................................

Hi 

I would like to add Step 2 to my Approval process. I dont see an Add new step on my Approval Page.

Any solution please

I'm new to SFDC Development and Cloud Development in general. Could someone please point me to a simple example of a vs2010 c# console app that authenticates to my SFDC Developer account, then uses the Force.com REST API to query some data from one of my custom objects. I'm not a JAVA guy. Finding this type of an example has been difficult. I've created both a User Token and a Remote Access entry in my SFDC developer account. What do I need to install on my machine to be able to access SFDC from vs2010 projects. In one of the c# examples i've found, the project had a WEB REFERENCE to apex and apex metadata. Under the .NET 4 Framework, I don't even have an option to add a WEB REFERENCE. I noticed if I change my project settings to .NET 2.0, I do have the option of adding a WEB REFERENCE. So, in VS2010, C#, how do I get what I need for developement/connectivity to salesforce. Thanks!

• September 07, 2012