• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this so I am posing here.

I tried to download ADM201 – study guide from the below link but I am getting 6 page pdf file -

http://www.salesforce.com/in/services-training/training_certification/certification/

I assume there was something 50+ pages pdf file for ADM 201 study guide.

Anyone knows where to download correct ADM201 study guide?

Thanks.

Anyone from SFDC, pls correct the attachment(study guide). It is linking to wrong pdf.

• July 25, 2011

I'm struggling with being able to show a basic success message to the user using the standard <apex:pagemessages /> component.  I've got it on the page, but it never shows a message.  Here's the page:

<apex:pageblock > <apex:pageblockSection > <h1>Page Messages:</h1> <apex:pageMessages /> </apex:pageblockSection>

Nothing unusual there, right?

Here's the controller method that generates the message.  Basically I've got a list with checkboxes, and the user selects some, clicks a button, and then records are inserted based on the selections.  When that happens, I'd like to let the user know the insert was successful.

if (billTos.size() > 0) { try{ insert billTos; // set the message for the user ApexPages.addMessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.INFO,'Bill-To Sites successfully created')); } catch (DMLException e){ // show the messages to the user ApexPages.addMessages(e); } } else { // set the message for the user ApexPages.addMessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.INFO,'No Sites Selected')); }

My records are being successfully inserted, so it should be hitting the success message.  But it's all silent on the page -- nary a peep.  What the heck am I doing wrong?  This seems simple!!