• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am moving from windows server 2012r2 to a new server, windows server 2019 and have installed dataloader 49.0. I wanted to test that I had it set up correctly, so I opened dataloader, logged in & set up a simple export query. But I cannot click the finish button! Nothing happens...not sure what's going on but any help would be appreciated.
export

We have a document created nightly outside of salesforce that I need to push up to sf each night and display on the user's home page. I thought I would take this in baby steps, so I've manually uploaded it to files.

I created a VF page and was given this code for it:

<apex:page >
  <apex:iframe src="https://dtna--dev02--c.cs23.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P180000024PAZ" width="300px" scrolling="true" id="theIframe"/>
</apex:page>

Although I'm still a beginner, I know I need to switch out for my sf instance and id (see underlined items). I tried:

<apex:page >
  <apex:iframe src="https://na39.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0690L000004p7Mz" width="300px" scrolling="true" id="theIframe"/>

And I get the following error:
Unable to Access Page
The value of the "file" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information

What did I do wrong?

In addition, we want to upload a new document nightly, with the same name. I am familiar with dataloader, but not sure where I need to upsert it.

This is my first go at a VF page. I've got a lot of info off the boards & youtube on how to pull together data from 2 tables into one list, but haven't been able to successfully accomplish it with my custom object.

I've tried to simply the process to just display records from my custom object in a list, but still unable to do that.

A little background...
I've created a custom object, Jobs__c, that stores construction jobs. I've also created a junction object to link the job to the account and have a related list on the job showing all of the accounts, and a related list on the account showing all their jobs. I would like to have a related list on the account showing all the completed tasks at the job level. Since I couldn't get that far, I backed up & just tried to display a list of jobs, showing the name, city and id.

Here's the code from my VF page:
<apex:page standardController="Jobs__c" extensions="WrapperDemoClass">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageblock >
      <apex:pageblockTable value="{!wrapperObj}" var="Rec">
         <apex:column value="{!Rec.J.name}"/>
      </apex:pageblockTable>
    </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>

And from the controller:
public with sharing class WrapperDemoClass {
 Public List<WrapperClassEx> WrapperList{get;set;}
    public WrapperDemoClass(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {     
    }  
   Public List<WrapperClassEx> getwrapperObj(){
      List<Jobs__c> JList = [Select id,name, Job_City__c from Jobs__c limit 10];
      WrapperList = New List<WrapperClassEx>();
      for(Jobs__c J: JList){
        WrapperList.add(New WrapperClassEx(J, name, Job_City__c));
      }
      return WrapperList;
   }  
   Public Class WrapperClassEx{
     Public Id JId{get;set;}
     Public string JobName{get;set;}
     Public string JobCity{get;set;}

Public WrapperClassEx(ID J, string JName, string JCity){
        JId = J;
        JobName=JName;
        JobCity=JCity;                  
     }
   }  
}

I am sure I've missed something obvious, and am still working on it, but I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Using the command line dataloader, I would like to export some of the fields in the Task table. I want to differentiate between Calls, Emails, etc. My thought is this data would be found in the Type field.

I've built the sdl file, setting the mapping for a few of the SF fields, then written the sql in the process-conf file. The following works:

#Mapping values
#Tue Dec 04 10:36:00 EST 2012
Description=Description
ActivityDate=ActivityDate
Subject=Subject
CallObject=CallObject
Id=Id
CallType=CallType
OwnerId=OwnerId
WhoId=WhoId
CallDisposition=CallDisposition
WhatId=WhatId
CreatedDate=CreatedDate
SystemModstamp=SystemModstamp

with the following sql in the process-conf:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select WhoId, WhatId, Subject, ActivityDate, Description, CallType, CreatedDate FROM Task"/>

However, if I add Type to the mapping:
#Mapping values
Type=Type
Description=Description
Subject=Subject
CallObject=CallObject
Id=Id
CallType=CallType
OwnerId=OwnerId
WhoId=WhoId
WhatId=WhatId
CreatedDate=CreatedDate

and the process-conf:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select WhoId, WhatId, Subject, ActivityDate, Description, CallType, CreatedDate, Type FROM Task"/>

I get the following error:

FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process CompTaskExtract java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.mapping.Mapper$InvalidMappingException: No such field type on entity Task.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Connie

I am moving from windows server 2012r2 to a new server, windows server 2019 and have installed dataloader 49.0. I wanted to test that I had it set up correctly, so I opened dataloader, logged in & set up a simple export query. But I cannot click the finish button! Nothing happens...not sure what's going on but any help would be appreciated.
export

This is my first go at a VF page. I've got a lot of info off the boards & youtube on how to pull together data from 2 tables into one list, but haven't been able to successfully accomplish it with my custom object.

I've tried to simply the process to just display records from my custom object in a list, but still unable to do that.

A little background...
I've created a custom object, Jobs__c, that stores construction jobs. I've also created a junction object to link the job to the account and have a related list on the job showing all of the accounts, and a related list on the account showing all their jobs. I would like to have a related list on the account showing all the completed tasks at the job level. Since I couldn't get that far, I backed up & just tried to display a list of jobs, showing the name, city and id.

Here's the code from my VF page:
<apex:page standardController="Jobs__c" extensions="WrapperDemoClass">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageblock >
      <apex:pageblockTable value="{!wrapperObj}" var="Rec">
         <apex:column value="{!Rec.J.name}"/>
      </apex:pageblockTable>
    </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>

And from the controller:
public with sharing class WrapperDemoClass {
 Public List<WrapperClassEx> WrapperList{get;set;}
    public WrapperDemoClass(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {     
    }  
   Public List<WrapperClassEx> getwrapperObj(){
      List<Jobs__c> JList = [Select id,name, Job_City__c from Jobs__c limit 10];
      WrapperList = New List<WrapperClassEx>();
      for(Jobs__c J: JList){
        WrapperList.add(New WrapperClassEx(J, name, Job_City__c));
      }
      return WrapperList;
   }  
   Public Class WrapperClassEx{
     Public Id JId{get;set;}
     Public string JobName{get;set;}
     Public string JobCity{get;set;}

Public WrapperClassEx(ID J, string JName, string JCity){
        JId = J;
        JobName=JName;
        JobCity=JCity;                  
     }
   }  
}

I am sure I've missed something obvious, and am still working on it, but I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Using the command line dataloader, I would like to export some of the fields in the Task table. I want to differentiate between Calls, Emails, etc. My thought is this data would be found in the Type field.

I've built the sdl file, setting the mapping for a few of the SF fields, then written the sql in the process-conf file. The following works:

#Mapping values
Description=Description
Subject=Subject
CallObject=CallObject
Id=Id
CallType=CallType
OwnerId=OwnerId
WhoId=WhoId
WhatId=WhatId
CreatedDate=CreatedDate

with the following sql in the process-conf:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select WhoId, WhatId, Subject, ActivityDate, Description, CallType, CreatedDate FROM Task"/>

However, if I add Type to the mapping:
#Mapping values
Type=Type
Description=Description
Subject=Subject
CallObject=CallObject
Id=Id
CallType=CallType
OwnerId=OwnerId
WhoId=WhoId
WhatId=WhatId
CreatedDate=CreatedDate

and the process-conf:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select WhoId, WhatId, Subject, ActivityDate, Description, CallType, CreatedDate, Type FROM Task"/>

I get the following error:

FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process CompTaskExtract java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.mapping.Mapper$InvalidMappingException: No such field type on entity Task.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Connie

I'm setting up the process-conf.xml file to set up a series of Upsert processes and can't find a Configuraton Parameter for Related Objects...

'sfdc.externalIdField' allows me to specify the External ID field used for data matching which in the GUI corresponds to

Step 2a: Choose your field to use for matching --> sfdc.externalIdField

Step 2b: Choose your related objects --> ???

I can't find any mention of this in any of the Data Loader documentation...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mike