• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a custom object - Case Management, when the Contact lookup field is entered I want the Account lookup field associated with that Contact to be automatically entered.  I am new at this so here's what I have,  

Case_Management__c (before insert, before update) { for(Case_Management__c co: Trigger.new){ if (co.Contact__c != null){ co.Account__c = 'Yes'; } } }

This needs to be edited, but I am lost.

Within an if statement I want to print a line break to the screen. However, there seems to be no easy way to do this in any forums thus far. I found a few answers, but none of them seem to work within the TRUE argument in my IF conditional statement. Here is a snippet of my code:
{! IF (relatedTo.Budget_In_Stream_Video__c != null, "In-Stream Video", null)}
{! IF (relatedTo.Budget_Interactive_InStream_Video__c != null, "Interactive In-Stream Video", null)}

Outputs

I have tried \n, <br/>, and many others with little or no success. BR() only gives this output:
In-Stream Video_BR_ENCODED_Interactive In-Stream Video

Someone please tell me I'm crazy and this isn't that hard and doesn't require some crazy hack...

Parent Object

Record 1:

Primary Country (picklist):  Country 1

Secondary Countries (multi-picklist): 

Country 2

Country 3

Country 4

Given the above record on the parent object, I want the following records to be automatically created on the child object:

Child Object:

Record 1:

Project Country:  Country 1

Primary Country: Yes

Record 2:

Project Country: Country 2

Primary Country: No

Record 3:

Project Country: Country 3

Record 4:

Project Country: Country 4

I want to be able to display a datatable for one object based on some criteria, and if the criteria is false, it will display a different datatable showing data from a different object. I have tried doing this with two separate datatables with complementary rendered attributes, but they just always came up blank. What would be the way to do this?

I have a custom object - Case Management, when the Contact lookup field is entered I want the Account lookup field associated with that Contact to be automatically entered.  I am new at this so here's what I have,  

Case_Management__c (before insert, before update) { for(Case_Management__c co: Trigger.new){ if (co.Contact__c != null){ co.Account__c = 'Yes'; } } }

This needs to be edited, but I am lost.

I am getting error message on hitting the governor limits due to the trigger below. What this trigger does is that whenever a task's description it copies over the data from the task object on to the custom object. Can someone please help so that my code does not hit the governor limits.

Many thanks in advance.

trigger CommentLog on Task (before update) {
for(Task t: trigger.old)
{
CommentLog__c c = new CommentLog__c();
c.Previous_Comment__c=t.Description;
c.CommentDate__c=t.LastModifiedDate;
task t1= [select owner.name,LastModifiedBy.name from task where id=:t.id];
c.Name=t1.LastModifiedBy.name;
c.Task_owner__c=t1.owner.name;
c.type__c='Task';
c.Link_to_Task__c='https://na1.salesforce.com/'+t.id;
insert c;

}

}

Hi,

We are trying to implement SSO in our org, we are able to put salesforce as IDP and connect it to other SP (php based) using simplesamlPHP. But we are not able to retrieve any customer portal user to be authenticated.

Is it possible to authenticate customer portal user with Salesforce as IDP? Currently, we only able to authenticate salesforce standard user.

I am already following this guideline:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/identity_provider_enable.htm

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/service_provider_define.htm

choose all of customer portal profiles, but it still cannot get authenticated

Is there other configuration that I have to do or missed?

Thanks,