• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a requirement where a user needs to fill up certain group of fields on a page layout

Im simulating the problem below.

For example, we have a product object and there we have "product name" picklist.

when a user selects "product name" = Car , then the edit page should dynamically render and should show the fields related  ONLY to car.

fields such as : car model, fuel type, color, price etc.

when the user selects product name" = Phone, then the edit page should show fields related to phone only

fields like, phone type, battery capacity, screen size etc.

In this case, the fields related to Car should disappear. And also the information in the car related field if the user had input some information in the car related fields.

then the user should be able to save the record.

* User can only enter information either related to car or related to phone.

My idea is to create 2 sections, one with fields only belong to phone and another section of fields only belong to car. Now the visual force page showed show the correct section based on the picklist value selected.

Please let me know if any one has any working code similar to my requirement.

I have a requirement where a user needs to fill up certain group of fields on a page layout

Im simulating the problem below.

For example, we have a product object and there we have "product name" picklist.

when a user selects "product name" = Car , then the edit page should dynamically render and should show the fields related  ONLY to car.

fields such as : car model, fuel type, color, price etc.

when the user selects product name" = Phone, then the edit page should show fields related to phone only

fields like, phone type, battery capacity, screen size etc.

In this case, the fields related to Car should disappear. And also the information in the car related field if the user had input some information in the car related fields.

then the user should be able to save the record.

* User can only enter information either related to car or related to phone.

My idea is to create 2 sections, one with fields only belong to phone and another section of fields only belong to car. Now the visual force page showed show the correct section based on the picklist value selected.

Please let me know if any one has any working code similar to my requirement.