• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am new to Webservices and soap. I have been trying to call a webservice from java but everything I try does not seem to work. This is the class I am trying to call from java.

global class DNAForceWS {
    webservice static Boolean test()
    {
        return true;
    }
}

1) When I want to update Objects such as the Account object, I create a WSDL for the enterprise API, then I use WSC for api to generate the class. But, it seems the the webservice class is not present at all in this WSDL. I need to click on the link next to the class to generate a WSDL specific for this class. Then I can use any of multiple tools to build the classes from it, AXIS1.4, AXIS2, JAX-WS, WSC. Is this correct? Can I use the WSC to generate the class?

Hello,

I have created a force.com site and I have published it. During my internal testing I found that everything worked flawlessly. I tested the apex forms system with captcha on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and the latest versions of IE7 to IE10. Not a single glitch.

However as soon as I published the site, my call volume went from 30 calls a day to about 75 calls a day. The main problem, is that the captcha is not submitted the forms field for version of Internet explorer 8 to 9 that are not running the latest version. Since so many web visitors are not running the latest version, they call and complain. This was not an issue before I started using force.com sites. 

I have copied the steps at http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Adding_CAPTCHA_to_Force.com_Sites.

Line 24 and line 29 always return null on IE 9.0.8112.16421. Therefore visitors cannot submit the captcha with success.

024             return ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('recaptcha_challenge_field');

029             return ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('recaptcha_response_field');

Would anyone know how to fix it?

Do you use salesforce force.com site?

And do you have attachments on any of your objects?

If so, any visitor can access any of your attachments by typing this url in their browser.

http://{yoururl}.na14.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={attachment.Id}

All they have to do is guess the id. Which by the way is the easiest thing in the world to do since they are sequential numbers.

No authentication is required.

I just escalated a case to salesforce and they told me its working as intended o_O. I was told that since you can mark the attachments as "Private", no fix is required. Hovewer, marking the attachment as private essentials kills the attachment functionality because no one except the owner or the admin can read them.  Also, by default all attachments are public. 

This does not seem right secure at all to me. Is there a way to control the access to the attachements when you are using a force.com site?

If I give the read permission to the account object for the site user, I definetly do NOT want a random visitor to clean my salesforce organisation of all its attachment, zip them, then post them on some shade website. What if I attach a credit card PDF to an account?

Hello,

When I try to deploy my app, it fail due to a conflict.

I have 3 items:

A visualforce page

A apex class

A custom object

The custom object overides the new button to the visualforce page. Hence when I try to safe it, there is a conflict and it fails.

The visualforce page references the apex class. Hence when I try to safe it first, it fails.

The apex class references the custom object. Hence when I try to save it first, it fails.

All the code is bug free and works if it is allowed to be saved at the same time.

Hello,

I am new to Webservices and soap. I have been trying to call a webservice from java but everything I try does not seem to work. This is the class I am trying to call from java.

global class DNAForceWS {
    webservice static Boolean test()
    {
        return true;
    }
}

1) When I want to update Objects such as the Account object, I create a WSDL for the enterprise API, then I use WSC for api to generate the class. But, it seems the the webservice class is not present at all in this WSDL. I need to click on the link next to the class to generate a WSDL specific for this class. Then I can use any of multiple tools to build the classes from it, AXIS1.4, AXIS2, JAX-WS, WSC. Is this correct? Can I use the WSC to generate the class?

Hello,

I have created a force.com site and I have published it. During my internal testing I found that everything worked flawlessly. I tested the apex forms system with captcha on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and the latest versions of IE7 to IE10. Not a single glitch.

However as soon as I published the site, my call volume went from 30 calls a day to about 75 calls a day. The main problem, is that the captcha is not submitted the forms field for version of Internet explorer 8 to 9 that are not running the latest version. Since so many web visitors are not running the latest version, they call and complain. This was not an issue before I started using force.com sites. 

I have copied the steps at http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Adding_CAPTCHA_to_Force.com_Sites.

Line 24 and line 29 always return null on IE 9.0.8112.16421. Therefore visitors cannot submit the captcha with success.

024             return ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('recaptcha_challenge_field');

029             return ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('recaptcha_response_field');

Would anyone know how to fix it?

I'm using soap api's in my java code to extract salesforce data. But when a new custom field is added to an object i am not able to extract data from that entity. The same code works if I download the new .wsdl

Is there a way in which i dont have to download .wsdl everytime a new custom field or object is added..?

Do you use salesforce force.com site?

And do you have attachments on any of your objects?

If so, any visitor can access any of your attachments by typing this url in their browser.

http://{yoururl}.na14.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={attachment.Id}

All they have to do is guess the id. Which by the way is the easiest thing in the world to do since they are sequential numbers.

No authentication is required.

I just escalated a case to salesforce and they told me its working as intended o_O. I was told that since you can mark the attachments as "Private", no fix is required. Hovewer, marking the attachment as private essentials kills the attachment functionality because no one except the owner or the admin can read them.  Also, by default all attachments are public. 

This does not seem right secure at all to me. Is there a way to control the access to the attachements when you are using a force.com site?

If I give the read permission to the account object for the site user, I definetly do NOT want a random visitor to clean my salesforce organisation of all its attachment, zip them, then post them on some shade website. What if I attach a credit card PDF to an account?

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c"  tabStyle="Opportunity" >
  <apex:form > 
  <apex:pageBlock title="Quote Edit" tabStyle="Opportunity">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="test" showHeader="false">
      <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
                  <apex:outputLabel>Account Name</apex:outputLabel>
                  <apex:outputField value="{!Quote__c.Opportunity__r.Account}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

This visualforce page is overriding a New button. My org uses person account. Quote__c is the child of a master-child relationship with opportunity. When I click the new button from opportunity, I get this error message.

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Account ID: value not of required type: core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.SObjectMetadataELAdapter@b473136". 

Click here to return to the previous page.
  • December 13, 2012