So to just get this started, here are some of our questions:
1. We need to access data from a wide variety of other platforms, via licensed or free APIs. When allowed, do we want to copy that data off to our own servers so that we don't have to call for it each time, or do we avoid the expense and hassle of copying it and rely instead real-time API calls? Sounds basic, but i haven't been able to find an answer I'm comfortable with yet.
2. I assume the data that we do house should be on an external server, like S3, rather than salesforce, but need to understand the implications of integrating yet another system.
3. We currently import most client data via .csv exports from the source and then manually upload to our platform. This has allowed us to test and improve our data model and our workflows. I've been trying for a year to teach myself how to do all the coding necessary to use APIs but it's not happening yet. There are a couple APIs, such as Google Analytics, that would be great to have NOW, but I dont' want to waste money paying to have them built for the prototype if that's unwise. How do I estimate how much it should cost to build out a straightforward API such as GA with limited fields? Can we use the cookbook or app exchange API code for things like GA and Facebook as starting points and save time and money on development, or should we expect developers to want to write their own code from scratch even if there are examples already published?
4. HOW can we get anyone at Salesforce to care??? Partner team and ISV couldn't care less about responding to us. We have a million more, but this is enough to give an idea of what we need and for people to weigh in with suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your support!
I am developing salesforce application to publishing in AppExchange. In this app I am integrating salesforce to one website. Once manage package done, and security review is passed. App will be listed in AppExchange. Now the question is.
1) Can user install this app to their professional edition, if No; then what should I do? Or what should user have to do to install app in professional edition.
2) If app contains Apex class then, then app will work in professional edition?