• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Happy holidays, all.

We have recently started using cases for our organization.

We have added a custom lookup field to opportunities from cases.

We are now using the related list for cases on our accounts, contacts, and opportunity layouts (detail). On accounts and contacts, we are using the standard new case button, but for opportunities this is a custom lookup and we cannot do this.

I've been attempting to create a custom button to make a new case from the cases related list on the opportunity detail screen, but it is not working. (TBH I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just trying to follow an example, so sorry if this is a silly question.)

I made a custom button on cases called new case.

Here is the formula:
URLFOR($Action.Case.New,null,[saveURL=Opportunity.Link, retURL=Opportunity.Link,CF00NG0000008hHho_lkid=Opportunity.Id,CF00NG0000008hHho=Opportunity.Name],true)

Where 00NG0000008hHho is the ID for the custom lookup field for opportunities from cases.

If I add the custom button to the related list, it just gives me a broken link message. The resulting URL that doesn't work is:

https://na11.salesforce.com/servlet/URLFOR($Action.Case.New,null,[saveURL=Opportunity.Link,retURL=Opportunity.Link,CF00NG0000008hHho_lkid=Opportunity.Id,CF00NG0000008hHho=Opportunity.Name],true)

Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Happy holidays, all.

We have recently started using cases for our organization.

We have added a custom lookup field to opportunities from cases.

We are now using the related list for cases on our accounts, contacts, and opportunity layouts (detail). On accounts and contacts, we are using the standard new case button, but for opportunities this is a custom lookup and we cannot do this.

I've been attempting to create a custom button to make a new case from the cases related list on the opportunity detail screen, but it is not working. (TBH I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just trying to follow an example, so sorry if this is a silly question.)

I made a custom button on cases called new case.

Here is the formula:
URLFOR($Action.Case.New,null,[saveURL=Opportunity.Link, retURL=Opportunity.Link,CF00NG0000008hHho_lkid=Opportunity.Id,CF00NG0000008hHho=Opportunity.Name],true)

Where 00NG0000008hHho is the ID for the custom lookup field for opportunities from cases.

If I add the custom button to the related list, it just gives me a broken link message. The resulting URL that doesn't work is:

https://na11.salesforce.com/servlet/URLFOR($Action.Case.New,null,[saveURL=Opportunity.Link,retURL=Opportunity.Link,CF00NG0000008hHho_lkid=Opportunity.Id,CF00NG0000008hHho=Opportunity.Name],true)

Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.