• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've created the following email template with visualforce. It takes records from a contact related list (custom object) and displays them in a table.

When I use the "Send Test and Verify Merge Fields" button in the template editor, everything merges in correctly. However, when I go to actually send an email from a Contact record, it isn't pulling the fields.

I have created this template using a sample template from SF Labs on the appexchange, and I'm not experienced with Visualforce, so any help would be appreciated. I think the template is using "standard controllers", could this be the problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="Contact"
    subject="Application update"
    replyTo="email@sample.com" >

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >        
    <html>
        <body>
         <STYLE type="text/css">
               TD  {font-size: .82em; font-face: verdana } 

</STYLE>
                  <font face="arial" size="2">
        <p>Dear {!recipient.Salutation} {!recipient.LastName},</p>
        <p>Thank you for your time and interest in applying with us. After careful review of your application, we are unable to consider you for the following reason(s):</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="15">

<apex:repeat var="rr" value="{!relatedTo.Applicant_Rejection__r}">
       <tr>

<td>{!rr.Rejection_Message__c}</td>

</tr>
    </apex:repeat>                 
       </table>
       <p />

<p> We appreciate your interest and wish you the best in your future endeavors.</p>

</font>
         </body>
    </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 

</messaging:emailTemplate>
  • January 02, 2013
We created a Customer Community using the Napili template, but it seems like we've lost functionality of all standard Salesforce buttons usually visible on the record detail when we access the community via a mobile browser (they just don't appear). Does anyone know of a workaround? We're looking to have the community functional in both desktop and mobile browsers.