• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have code to output rows and columns from a controller's data member (a SObject[] collection).

The code below works fine. It iterates throough each row in rpt.data, and through each column name in rpt.parsed_clean_field_names, and using a bracket notation, outputs the row[column] just fine.

<apex:repeat value="{!rpt.data}" var="row">

<apex:repeat value="{!rpt.parsed_clean_field_names}" var="header">

<apex:outputText value="{!row[header]}" escape="false"/>

</apex:repeat>

But when I try to use HTMLENCODE to encode the data (since it may contain characters that I want encoded), I do this (the red bold is the only difference): and it breaks

<apex:outputText value="{!HTMLENCODE(row[header])}" escape="false"/>

with the following error message:

Incorrect parameter type for function 'HTMLENCODE()'. Expected Text, received Boolean

Error is in expression '{!HTMLENCODE(row[header])}' in component <apex:outputText> in page exportreport3

Apparently HTMLENCODE doesn't recognize the row[column] "getter" notation.

Any suggestions as to how I could fool HTMLENCODE into thinking that row[column] is a Text and not a Boolean??

Thank you

Chris

Can someone point me to the place to download the sforce_office_toolkit msi file?  My old link to the file on developerforce.com broke because of a site reorg in the last few weeks.

Thanks

Chris

I have code to output rows and columns from a controller's data member (a SObject[] collection).

The code below works fine. It iterates throough each row in rpt.data, and through each column name in rpt.parsed_clean_field_names, and using a bracket notation, outputs the row[column] just fine.

<apex:outputText value="{!row[header]}" escape="false"/>

But when I try to use HTMLENCODE to encode the data (since it may contain characters that I want encoded), I do this (the red bold is the only difference): and it breaks

<apex:outputText value="{!HTMLENCODE(row[header])}" escape="false"/>

with the following error message:

Incorrect parameter type for function 'HTMLENCODE()'. Expected Text, received Boolean

Error is in expression '{!HTMLENCODE(row[header])}' in component <apex:outputText> in page exportreport3

Apparently HTMLENCODE doesn't recognize the row[column] "getter" notation.

Any suggestions as to how I could fool HTMLENCODE into thinking that row[column] is a Text and not a Boolean??

Thank you

Chris

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?

Hi,

Trying to get information from SObjects in order to know the last Update date information of each one, I found some issues with VBA SFDC library:

1. SForceSession4.EntityNames array cannot be used as parameter to SForceSession4.DescribeSObjects because it is a Variant array. Ok, let's take the EntityNames array and construct an array of string with it. This will avoid the "Run-time error. Automation error. Unespecified error" message
  2. After fixing the previous issue, the DescribeSObjects works but, where is the description of each SObject described? 
  3. If we use the Object Browser in VBA IDE, we can see that Salesforce Toolkit 4.0, SForceSession4.DescribeSObjects  is a SUB and NOT a FUNCTION, even more, there is no DescribeSObjectResult type in the DLL that will allow us to check the description of each described object

Does anyone have an idea of how to use this DescribeSObjects sub?

Thanks!

• April 16, 2012

Okay, I'm new here, spent the last 5 hours going in circles just trying to find the Office toolkit and dlls.  I can find the manuals and references to go to the developers home page and download the toolkit, but I can not find it anywhere and most references to links I'm finding are dated 2006-2007.

What I'm ultimately trying to accomplish is this:    I have a macro enabled Word document with an extensive application written in Visual Basic for Applications that generates proposals.  It is currently installed on a users PC as a standalone Word document with a collection of Word document templates that are converted into a final proposal document merged with users contact information and clients contact information.

I want to integrate my existing VBA application with SalesForce.com to pull in contact information from SalesForce.com and output our assembled proposals in a way/location that works with SalesForce.com

The development environment for our VBA application is Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.0 (the Office 2010 version however it works with versions back to Office 2002).   Also ours works with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010.  Does Salesforce.com's Office Toolkit support the new Office 2010 32-bit and 64-bit?

I have found references to an older Office Toolkit with a demo that sounds like it along the lines of what I'm doing.  Is there a link to that demo (it was described in a 2007 support posting as a Word document with a macro that shows how integrate with Salesforce)? 

I can not find any links or ways to download or install the "Office Toolkit" from either my developer login, or my force.com login in the Setup area.   All I can find is the Office Toolkit manual.

How do I get started?

Ian