• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are planning on building a customer facing external web application that will use the REST/SOAP API of Salesforce for data read/write.For the communication between our application and the SFDC we are contemplating on using a single/common user account (integration user). One reason for this approach is because we have our own authentication where customers already have their account/credentials and it will be desirable to NOT have customers create and maintain a separate one for SFDC.

From what I've researched so far, following are some of the factors to be considered if a common user account approach is taken:

1. Limit on number of query that a user can execute concurrently
  2. Session Timeouts - Sharing the session id/auth token and managing the timeouts ( since we may have multiple concurrent request hitting the SFDC with the same credentials)
  3. Record ownership - Owner of the record will be the common user and not the customer. The ownership skew problem as described in this link

At this point, I'm looking for some advice from folks experienced in using the SFDC APIs, to please advice of any other issues/areas that I should be considering before going further in this direction.

Thanks

Shankar

• January 15, 2013

We are planning on building a customer facing external web application that will use the REST/SOAP API of Salesforce for data read/write.For the communication between our application and the SFDC we are contemplating on using a single/common user account (integration user). One reason for this approach is because we have our own authentication where customers already have their account/credentials and it will be desirable to NOT have customers create and maintain a separate one for SFDC.

From what I've researched so far, following are some of the factors to be considered if a common user account approach is taken:

2. Session Timeouts - Sharing the session id/auth token and managing the timeouts ( since we may have multiple concurrent request hitting the SFDC with the same credentials)
  3. Record ownership - Owner of the record will be the common user and not the customer. The ownership skew problem as described in this link

At this point, I'm looking for some advice from folks experienced in using the SFDC APIs, to please advice of any other issues/areas that I should be considering before going further in this direction.

Thanks

Shankar

• January 15, 2013

Thanks

Shankar

• January 15, 2013