• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

In the old partner portal, you could limit visibility of information to users that all originate from within a specific account.

In the partner communities environment, I have been testing basic setup and see that a user from one account ie. Howard Jones from Acme is aware of user Jon Amos from Global Media, by looking at the list of portal users in Chatter tab, and happily follow him.  I dont see any Chatter flowing into Howards feed, but it is not ideal in the situation Im addressing to have one partner account user aware of all other partner portal users from other accounts including names and titles.

EEEK!

Is there any way I can limit the scope of visibiltiy of users in Chatter tab within portal community, and limit visibility of other users to those within their own account?  Any suggestions most appreciated!

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated - seem to be between a rock and a hard place!

I need to be able to control the email template a support user defaults to when they want to create an email via case feed action.  

If I use the smart templates feature it only works with the standard mail action, which defaults From to the user's personal address (Yikes!) rather than a 'support@' email address.  

If I use a custom emailpublisher component in a custom action, then I can set the From to whatever I want, but cannot set an email template to use.

Any suggestions out there? Seems bizarre we cant control From address and email template to use...

I have what looks like a straight forward Service Console requirement and stunned that it cant be sorted easily - any suggestions most welcome! Maybe I am missing something? I hope so...

Assume Im a service agent and click on a case whilst in console list view. It opens the Case as a primary tab, and spawns two subtabs. So far so good - a 'Details' tab (standard) and a 'Matching' tab (custom visualforce). The 'Matching' tab is a custom VF UI that offers up possible contacts to match the case to, based on info stored in the case. 

The issue is this - as an agent having identified a match I am able to click a button to confirm which contact to link to and then auto-close the custom 'Matching' subtab using the console toolkit, but amazingly - am not able to force a refresh of the standard case 'Details' subtab usingconsole toolkit javascript code in the custom VF page - due to cross domain scripting issues. What is the point of the toolkit if I cannot force a refresh of other tabs in the console view?  Bizarre...

Any suggestions most welcome!

Hi All,

Simple, consistent issue - and no feedback from Salesforce via the partner portal in weeks. Hoping others may have seen this.

The following simple logic has me stumped and is consistent in its results.

Assume user calls the following via a commandbutton that is on Page A:

PageReference p = Page.B;
p.getParameters().put('id', <someid>);
Blob b = p.getContentAsPdf();
attachment a = new attachment(parentid = ..., body = b, name = 'test.pdf');
insert a;

The attachment ends up a render of Page A, the current page user is looking at, NOT page B as you'd expect.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have two totally different environments producing the same outcome described above consistently.

Cheers,

CloudHugger

Hi All,

Possible bug with Apex Maps.  Am seeing very strange and prohibitive behaviour - any comments welcome.

Code is as follows - idea is to take some map values to a list, then update them.  

In this example there is one record in the map - lets try to put it in a list then update it.

// update positions
	if(!posMap.isEmpty()){
	       List<Position__c> posUpdates = new List<Position__c>();
		posUpdates = posMap.Values();
		system.debug('posUpdate record -->'+posUpdates[0]);
		system.debug('id ->'+posUpdates[0].id);
		system.debug('Affiliation_Final__c >'+posUpdates[0].Affiliation_Final__c);
		update posUpdates;
	}

K - now what does the debug log show?

USER_DEBUG|[403]|DEBUG|posUpdate record -->Position__c:{Affiliation_Final__c=a03N0000000mQEKIA2 RecordTypeId=01290000000f9xxAAA, Position_Type__c=Junior Warden, Date_of_Installation__c=2013-03-12 00:00:00, Id=a07N0000000iA6lIAE }
11:21:17.825 (825418000)|USER_DEBUG|[404]|DEBUG|id ->null
11:21:17.825 (825468000)|USER_DEBUG|[405]|DEBUG|Affiliation_Final__c ->null
11:21:17.825 (825516000)|DML_BEGIN|[406]|Op:Update|Type:Position__c|Rows:1
11:21:17.826 (826821000)|DML_END|[406]
11:21:17.826 (826971000)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[406]|System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified

For some reason the value in the map doesnt make it to the list, and we then get obvious error ....

Any ideas anyone?

Hi All,

This one has me stumped - am concerned its one of those 'OMG - what was I thinking!' moments..

In my Apex, I retrieve a record stored in a map, however when I try to access the field values stored within it they are not accessible, despite being populated...

Position__c p1 = posMapByType.get(position);

// I definitely get a value into P1. The Member field is populated per debug log:

DEBUG|a->Position__c:{Member__c=a03N0000000xxxKIA2, etc...

system.assert(p1.Member__c != null); // apparently not!!!

This has me completely flumixed (is that a word??)  Any suggestions appreciated - spent far too much time on this!! :)

Hi All,

In the old partner portal, you could limit visibility of information to users that all originate from within a specific account.

In the partner communities environment, I have been testing basic setup and see that a user from one account ie. Howard Jones from Acme is aware of user Jon Amos from Global Media, by looking at the list of portal users in Chatter tab, and happily follow him.  I dont see any Chatter flowing into Howards feed, but it is not ideal in the situation Im addressing to have one partner account user aware of all other partner portal users from other accounts including names and titles.

EEEK!

Is there any way I can limit the scope of visibiltiy of users in Chatter tab within portal community, and limit visibility of other users to those within their own account?  Any suggestions most appreciated!

Hi All,

Any advice appreciated - seem to be between a rock and a hard place!

I need to be able to control the email template a support user defaults to when they want to create an email via case feed action.  

If I use the smart templates feature it only works with the standard mail action, which defaults From to the user's personal address (Yikes!) rather than a 'support@' email address.  

If I use a custom emailpublisher component in a custom action, then I can set the From to whatever I want, but cannot set an email template to use.

Any suggestions out there? Seems bizarre we cant control From address and email template to use...

Hi,

In my organisation an Opportunity is created from Contact related list. I have two feilds

LeadSource on Contact

LeadSource on Opportunity

I have a requirement where I am supposed to update a feild value Lead Source in opportunity from Contact field Lead Source

I have written the below trigger which is not working since I am using after insert, after update in my trigger call.

trigger OpportunityLeadSourceUpdate on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {
List<Contact> conList = new List<Contact>();
OpportunityContactRole ContactRoles = [select OpportunityID, ContactID from OpportunityContactRole where OpportunityID =: trigger.new]; System.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'+ContactRoles ); Contact c= [Select id, LeadSource from Contact where id =: ContactRoles.ContactID ]; Opportunity opp = [Select LeadSource from Opportunity where id =: ContactRoles.OpportunityID]; opp.LeadSource = c.LeadSource; System.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'+ opp.LeadSource); }

I am not able to capture the value into opp.LeadSource since the trigger is firing after insertion.

Is there any workaround for this

Please help me

Thanks

We're on Professional Edition (no workflows, no apex triggers). Looking for a way (3rd party app, excel connector, etc), that we can automatically adjust the product schedule start dates when a close date is changed on an opportunity.

any ideas?!

• July 11, 2013

Hi All,

Simple, consistent issue - and no feedback from Salesforce via the partner portal in weeks. Hoping others may have seen this.

The following simple logic has me stumped and is consistent in its results.

Assume user calls the following via a commandbutton that is on Page A:

PageReference p = Page.B;
p.getParameters().put('id', <someid>);
Blob b = p.getContentAsPdf();
attachment a = new attachment(parentid = ..., body = b, name = 'test.pdf');
insert a;

The attachment ends up a render of Page A, the current page user is looking at, NOT page B as you'd expect.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have two totally different environments producing the same outcome described above consistently.

Cheers,

CloudHugger

I have a project that requires time management of certain projects.

When a person starts a project. They would scan the bar code on the invoice and insert the time of when it got started. And when done, they would scan the invoice again and the time would be recorded again. This in return would calculate the total time that it took.

Is it possible to read a bar code? 

Hi All,

Possible bug with Apex Maps.  Am seeing very strange and prohibitive behaviour - any comments welcome.

Code is as follows - idea is to take some map values to a list, then update them.  

In this example there is one record in the map - lets try to put it in a list then update it.

// update positions
	if(!posMap.isEmpty()){
	       List<Position__c> posUpdates = new List<Position__c>();
		posUpdates = posMap.Values();
		system.debug('posUpdate record -->'+posUpdates[0]);
		system.debug('id ->'+posUpdates[0].id);
		system.debug('Affiliation_Final__c >'+posUpdates[0].Affiliation_Final__c);
		update posUpdates;
	}

K - now what does the debug log show?

USER_DEBUG|[403]|DEBUG|posUpdate record -->Position__c:{Affiliation_Final__c=a03N0000000mQEKIA2 RecordTypeId=01290000000f9xxAAA, Position_Type__c=Junior Warden, Date_of_Installation__c=2013-03-12 00:00:00, Id=a07N0000000iA6lIAE }
11:21:17.825 (825418000)|USER_DEBUG|[404]|DEBUG|id ->null
11:21:17.825 (825468000)|USER_DEBUG|[405]|DEBUG|Affiliation_Final__c ->null
11:21:17.825 (825516000)|DML_BEGIN|[406]|Op:Update|Type:Position__c|Rows:1
11:21:17.826 (826821000)|DML_END|[406]
11:21:17.826 (826971000)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[406]|System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified

For some reason the value in the map doesnt make it to the list, and we then get obvious error ....

Any ideas anyone?

Hi All,

This one has me stumped - am concerned its one of those 'OMG - what was I thinking!' moments..

In my Apex, I retrieve a record stored in a map, however when I try to access the field values stored within it they are not accessible, despite being populated...

Position__c p1 = posMapByType.get(position);

// I definitely get a value into P1. The Member field is populated per debug log:

DEBUG|a->Position__c:{Member__c=a03N0000000xxxKIA2, etc...

system.assert(p1.Member__c != null); // apparently not!!!

This has me completely flumixed (is that a word??)  Any suggestions appreciated - spent far too much time on this!! :)

Hi,

I am trying to find records that are owned by a user or anyone beneath them in the role hierarchy.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this in apex.

Thanks,

Chappy

• February 02, 2011