• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying to modify APEX code which pulls Contact Mailing information because we have enabled the State/Country Picklist processing. I get an error message the Code field does not exist??

Example APEX code:
        List<OpportunityContactRole> ocrs = [select ContactId, Contact.AccountId, Contact.Email, Contact.Phone, Contact.Fax, Contact.MailingCity, Contact.MailingCountry, Contact.MailingPostalCode, Contact.MailingStateCode, Contact.MailingStreet, Contact.Name, Id, Role, Opportunity.AccountId, OpportunityId from OpportunityContactRole where opportunityId in :Oppties and role in ('Billing Contact','Shipping Contact')];

All documentation I see says I should be using 'MailingStateCode' to pull the data I want.

This is the error message I receive:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger OpportunityBillingContactInfo caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: OpportunityBillingContactInfo: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.QueryException: No such column 'MailingStateCode' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.: Class.opportunityHandler.opptyBillingContactInfoHandler: line 9, column 1

Thoughts??

I am currently writing APEX code to evaluate web-to-lead information and build a multi-select field on the Lead object based upon the user entries. I would like to know the best practice on how to handle.

I'm a little unsure how to handle concatenation of the values.

Example of a portion of the code:

if(newLeadMap.get(newLeads.get(leadB.email)).Beauty_Blog__c == True) {
leadB.Subscriptions__c = leadB.Subscriptions__c + 'Beauty;';
}
if(newLeadMap.get(newLeads.get(leadB.email)).Entertainment_Blog__c == True) {
leadB.Subscriptions__c = leadB.Subscriptions__c + 'Entertainment;';
}

This works fine if leadB.Subscriptions__c already has a value. However, you cannot concatenate to a null value.

So, my question is... how do I handle if it is null? Do I have to perform a check each time I want to perform the concatenation? Or am I going about this wrong and should be using a different method to build my field?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to get to the metadata of the schedule information for reports and/or dashboards via Eclipse? What I would like to be able to do is to search through the metadata for email adresses of users we are going to deactivate. Then I will know which reports and/or dashboards need to be maintained to remove the 'dead' user from. I see the Running User email address in the Report and Dashboard Metadata XML (example below), but I do not see the recipient information.

</rightSection>
    <runningUser>first.last@email.com</runningUser>
    <textColor>#000000</textColor>
    <title>DashboardTitle</title>
    <titleColor>#000000</titleColor>
    <titleSize>12</titleSize>
</Dashboard>

Thanks!

Hi,

I have just created a new trigger to change a field in the Lead object using an AfterInsertUpdate. However, I would now like to update the whole object so all records have a value. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new to APEX development. I have created a new trigger to update a custom field on the Lead object. I have to use 'after update' since I need to have the OwnerId. It works, however, I just KNOW it is not properly coded. Can someone please review and let me know how it really should be? Especially regarding what is referred to as ‘bulkification’?

trigger UpdateLeadOwner2AfterInsertUpdate on Lead (after insert, after update) {

string txtLdID;

for (Lead newLead : [Select Id,OwnerId,Lead_Owner_2__c from Lead where Id in :Trigger.new]) {

// Update the Lead Record
        txtLdID = newLead.OwnerId;
        if (newLead.Lead_Owner_2__c <> newLead.OwnerId && txtLdID.startsWith('00G') == FALSE) {
          newLead.Lead_Owner_2__c = newLead.OwnerId;
          update newLead;
        }  

}

}

Hi,

I am trying to modify APEX code which pulls Contact Mailing information because we have enabled the State/Country Picklist processing. I get an error message the Code field does not exist??

Example APEX code:
        List<OpportunityContactRole> ocrs = [select ContactId, Contact.AccountId, Contact.Email, Contact.Phone, Contact.Fax, Contact.MailingCity, Contact.MailingCountry, Contact.MailingPostalCode, Contact.MailingStateCode, Contact.MailingStreet, Contact.Name, Id, Role, Opportunity.AccountId, OpportunityId from OpportunityContactRole where opportunityId in :Oppties and role in ('Billing Contact','Shipping Contact')];

All documentation I see says I should be using 'MailingStateCode' to pull the data I want.

This is the error message I receive:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger OpportunityBillingContactInfo caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: OpportunityBillingContactInfo: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.QueryException: No such column 'MailingStateCode' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.: Class.opportunityHandler.opptyBillingContactInfoHandler: line 9, column 1

Thoughts??

I am currently writing APEX code to evaluate web-to-lead information and build a multi-select field on the Lead object based upon the user entries. I would like to know the best practice on how to handle.

I'm a little unsure how to handle concatenation of the values.

Example of a portion of the code:

if(newLeadMap.get(newLeads.get(leadB.email)).Beauty_Blog__c == True) {
leadB.Subscriptions__c = leadB.Subscriptions__c + 'Beauty;';
}
if(newLeadMap.get(newLeads.get(leadB.email)).Entertainment_Blog__c == True) {
leadB.Subscriptions__c = leadB.Subscriptions__c + 'Entertainment;';
}

This works fine if leadB.Subscriptions__c already has a value. However, you cannot concatenate to a null value.

So, my question is... how do I handle if it is null? Do I have to perform a check each time I want to perform the concatenation? Or am I going about this wrong and should be using a different method to build my field?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have just created a new trigger to change a field in the Lead object using an AfterInsertUpdate. However, I would now like to update the whole object so all records have a value. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new to APEX development. I have created a new trigger to update a custom field on the Lead object. I have to use 'after update' since I need to have the OwnerId. It works, however, I just KNOW it is not properly coded. Can someone please review and let me know how it really should be? Especially regarding what is referred to as ‘bulkification’?

trigger UpdateLeadOwner2AfterInsertUpdate on Lead (after insert, after update) {

string txtLdID;

for (Lead newLead : [Select Id,OwnerId,Lead_Owner_2__c from Lead where Id in :Trigger.new]) {

// Update the Lead Record
        txtLdID = newLead.OwnerId;
        if (newLead.Lead_Owner_2__c <> newLead.OwnerId && txtLdID.startsWith('00G') == FALSE) {
          newLead.Lead_Owner_2__c = newLead.OwnerId;
          update newLead;
        }  

}

}

Hello,

i have quick question can we export the reports object data or name of all the report folders by using the data loader.

i want to have a excel sheet of all the folder names and reports under that folder in a excel sheet. OR else could you please suggest me any other way to do it.

i want this as they are many unwanted reports and reports folders are lying there. So want to do a clean up.

Thanks in adavance.