• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I'm new to SF and have never used Apex, but it looks if this is where I have to end up. I'm trying to create my organization's implementation of SF and have reached a dead end. I would prefer to have a simple fix without spending many days learning Apex, so I would really super appreciate it if someone could share what this trigger's code should look like.

I am trying to automatically populate a lookup field on a custom object, InteractionParticipant__c. When a user enters a contact into the contact lookup field (Contact__c) on this object, I would like the account lookup field (Account__c) to be updated with the contact's associated account. It seems like I can't do this through workflow rules. Happy to take suggestions as to other ways to do this as well.

Thanks so much!

• January 23, 2013

Hi there,

I'm new to SF and have never used Apex, but it looks if this is where I have to end up. I'm trying to create my organization's implementation of SF and have reached a dead end. I would prefer to have a simple fix without spending many days learning Apex, so I would really super appreciate it if someone could share what this trigger's code should look like.

I am trying to automatically populate a lookup field on a custom object, InteractionParticipant__c. When a user enters a contact into the contact lookup field (Contact__c) on this object, I would like the account lookup field (Account__c) to be updated with the contact's associated account. It seems like I can't do this through workflow rules. Happy to take suggestions as to other ways to do this as well.

Thanks so much!

• January 23, 2013