• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey All, 

The fact that the canvas app url only provides one endpoint seems to be problematic for us.  We provide the application that is connected, and under the course of normal development would like to be able to put up test versions, etc, without breaking current production users and without having to change the canvas url in the managed package.  Updating the managed package to just change the url seems heavy handed, and problematic as it would need to manually changed back to the production endpoint before release.

Generally we have multiple endpoints for test, beta and prod.   And it seems logical that I wouldnt need to change the managed package based on whether its running in test or prod.  Any suggestions on how I can publish a managed package with the one url but have it target a different endpoint based on something?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

Im looking to confirm whether or not is possible to download/upload the source of a configured connected app in a managed package .  Our development methodology requires me to keep all SF code under local source control, however when i use the retrieve ant task the configuration portion of the connected app is nowhere to be found.  By configuration portion i mean everything under Create-Apps-My Connected App Name - this includes things like consumer key, consumer secret, and api name.  

Thanks

Jeremy

Why are force.com pages, listed in the Compatibility View list for MS IE 10? Currently this forces the browser to render in IE7 Standards document mode.   Generally speaking we provide an application that sits within the Salesforce UI. Since we are affected by overall browser settings, we are curious to know why force.com pages are in the compatibility view list.

Thanks

Jeremy

Hey All, 

The fact that the canvas app url only provides one endpoint seems to be problematic for us.  We provide the application that is connected, and under the course of normal development would like to be able to put up test versions, etc, without breaking current production users and without having to change the canvas url in the managed package.  Updating the managed package to just change the url seems heavy handed, and problematic as it would need to manually changed back to the production endpoint before release.

Generally we have multiple endpoints for test, beta and prod.   And it seems logical that I wouldnt need to change the managed package based on whether its running in test or prod.  Any suggestions on how I can publish a managed package with the one url but have it target a different endpoint based on something?

Thanks

Jeremy

Hey All, 

Thanks

Jeremy

Im looking to confirm whether or not is possible to download/upload the source of a configured connected app in a managed package .  Our development methodology requires me to keep all SF code under local source control, however when i use the retrieve ant task the configuration portion of the connected app is nowhere to be found.  By configuration portion i mean everything under Create-Apps-My Connected App Name - this includes things like consumer key, consumer secret, and api name.  

Thanks

Jeremy

Why are force.com pages, listed in the Compatibility View list for MS IE 10? Currently this forces the browser to render in IE7 Standards document mode.   Generally speaking we provide an application that sits within the Salesforce UI. Since we are affected by overall browser settings, we are curious to know why force.com pages are in the compatibility view list.

Thanks

Jeremy