• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello -

We are evaluating the switch to Lightning and it appears that S-Controls we have in place to override the 'New' button on several custom objects do not carry over to Lightning. 

We rely on these S-Controls as they launch Form Assembly forms we use to capture records/data within the associated custom object. 

Does anyone know the work around? Perhaps a new Lightning component/button has to be created.

I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,
Chris
Hello -

Looking for some assistance on if its possible in Salesforce (via a trigger or other apex code) to show notes logged on a custom object (financial account) roll up to the Notes & Attachments section of Account (standard) object. If so, how would you do this?

We have a lookup relationship established between the financial account object and the account object.

Thanks in advance.
Hello -

Here is a rundown of the current relationships in my org:

Financial Accout (custom object) has a lookup relationship with Account (standard object).
Account Review (custom object) has a lookup relationship set up with Financial Account (custom object).

I'm looking to establish a new relationship with Account Review and Account in order to create a new related list on the Account page layout.

Here is where I'm running into issues:

1. Account Review records rely on a web form (hosted by Form Assembly) to be completed for reviews to be submitted in Salesforce. Creating a new Master-Detail Relationship between Account Review and Account throws the form off as it removes the Owner field on the Account Review object. Not to mention, Salesforce will not allow you create the master-detail relationship until every Account Review record has an Account value. We have around 15,000 Account Review records.

2. With that said, creating a new lookup relationship between Account Review and Account works, but not for new reviews that are created (e.g. you'd have to go back into these records once they are submitted via the form and establish the lookup Account value). I believe the answer is no, but Is there a way to automate a lookup relationship field? 

3. I have formula (text) fields set up on Account Review to display the Account fields (name, rep number) in the page layout. Can these formulas somehow be used to establish a one-to-many relationship between Account and Account Review?

Any suggestions out there on how to make this relationship possible?

I appreciate any ideas/help on this one!

Thanks,
-Chris

Hello -

I have a new trigger in place to prevent users from deleting of contacts from our environment.

Here is a copy of my code:

trigger DeletePrevention on Contact (before delete) {

for (Contact mo : Trigger.old) {

mo.addError('Youre Not Allowed to Delete Client Contacts');
    }
}

However, I need to figure out to restrict this to ONLY one RecordType of Contact ('Client').

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello -

I'm trying to prevent ONLY one record type of Contacts ('Client') using a visualforce page redirect.

Here is my code so far, which is not allowing deletion of any Contact record types:

<apex:page action="{!if($User.Alias !='admin',
    null,
    urlFor($Action.Contact.Delete, $CurrentPage.Parameters.id, [retURL='/00T'], true)
    )
    }"
  standardController="Contact">
     <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:PageMessage summary="You are not allowed to delete Client Contacts"
            severity="Warning"
            strength="3"/>
        <apex:pageMessages />
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Any advice on how to apply only the one record type ID we want to prevent from being deleted would be great.

Thanks!
-Chris

We're looking to incorporate a twitter feed into the Contacts layout that uses a custom field in the Contacts layout (i.e. @contactTwitter Handle) and populates any tweets that individual may have created.

I've created a widget in Twitter and then copied the underlying html into a custom VF pag that brings in my own twitter handle and a colleagues. The question is how do you customize the code to do a lookup on your custom contact field to locate that contact's twitter handle?

Here is a copy of my current code:

<apex:page > <a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Atwitterhandle1+OR+from%3Atwitterhandle2" data-widget-id="520320013941481472">Tweets about "from:Twitter_user_1 OR from:Twitter_user_2"</a> <script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script> </apex:page>

Is anyone familar with how we would go about configuring this type of integration?

Thank you for any suggestions.
On a nightly basis we’re uploading contacts, financial accounts, holdings, etc. into SalesForce from our brokerage platform with the aid of DBAmp (a data integration tool between SalesForce and SQL Server). This process is working fairly well but as we continue to grow we’re noticing that it’s taking longer and longer for this process to complete. Furthermore, the most recent upload of holdings took over 2 hours to load into SalesForce (approx. 620,000 rows).

Does anyone have any suggestions of a more efficient way of loading data in Salesforce or maybe some information on some other third-party vendors that could help us?

I appreciate any guidance you can provide, thanks!

Hello -

We have created a custom button to submit web forms as new records into our Salesforce environment.

I have the form set up to authenticate the ownerID of the person submitting it, but it still has my name listed the Created By, Last Modified, and Submitted By (workflow approval) fields when the record is created in Salesforce no matter which user is submitting the form.

Does anyone know of a way to customize the button to recognize which user is creating the record when submitted?

The third party application we are using for the form is FormAssembly.

Any tips on how I can enable this functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Chris

On a nightly basis we’re uploading contacts, financial accounts, holdings, etc. into SalesForce from our brokerage platform with the aid of DBAmp (a data integration tool between SalesForce and SQL Server). This process is working fairly well but as we continue to grow we’re noticing that it’s taking longer and longer for this process to complete. Furthermore, the most recent upload of holdings took over 2 hours to load into SalesForce (approx. 620,000 rows).

Does anyone have any suggestions of a more efficient way of loading data in Salesforce or maybe some information on some other third-party vendors that could help us?

I appreciate any guidance you can provide, thanks!
Hello -

Here is a rundown of the current relationships in my org:

Financial Accout (custom object) has a lookup relationship with Account (standard object).
Account Review (custom object) has a lookup relationship set up with Financial Account (custom object).

I'm looking to establish a new relationship with Account Review and Account in order to create a new related list on the Account page layout.

Here is where I'm running into issues:

1. Account Review records rely on a web form (hosted by Form Assembly) to be completed for reviews to be submitted in Salesforce. Creating a new Master-Detail Relationship between Account Review and Account throws the form off as it removes the Owner field on the Account Review object. Not to mention, Salesforce will not allow you create the master-detail relationship until every Account Review record has an Account value. We have around 15,000 Account Review records.

2. With that said, creating a new lookup relationship between Account Review and Account works, but not for new reviews that are created (e.g. you'd have to go back into these records once they are submitted via the form and establish the lookup Account value). I believe the answer is no, but Is there a way to automate a lookup relationship field? 

3. I have formula (text) fields set up on Account Review to display the Account fields (name, rep number) in the page layout. Can these formulas somehow be used to establish a one-to-many relationship between Account and Account Review?

Any suggestions out there on how to make this relationship possible?

I appreciate any ideas/help on this one!

Thanks,
-Chris

Hello -

I have a new trigger in place to prevent users from deleting of contacts from our environment.

Here is a copy of my code:

trigger DeletePrevention on Contact (before delete) {

for (Contact mo : Trigger.old) {

mo.addError('Youre Not Allowed to Delete Client Contacts');
    }
}

However, I need to figure out to restrict this to ONLY one RecordType of Contact ('Client').

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello -

I'm trying to prevent ONLY one record type of Contacts ('Client') using a visualforce page redirect.

Here is my code so far, which is not allowing deletion of any Contact record types:

<apex:page action="{!if($User.Alias !='admin',
    null,
    urlFor($Action.Contact.Delete, $CurrentPage.Parameters.id, [retURL='/00T'], true)
    )
    }"
  standardController="Contact">
     <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:PageMessage summary="You are not allowed to delete Client Contacts"
            severity="Warning"
            strength="3"/>
        <apex:pageMessages />
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Any advice on how to apply only the one record type ID we want to prevent from being deleted would be great.

Thanks!
-Chris