• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, in my service cloud console, the 'refresh' functionality (the 'round arrows' in the dropdown on the right) does not work anymore after the 'view' page for a case was overridden with a VF page. It does not seem to matter what's on the VF page.

To replicate, create a simple VF page, that will just show the case detail like the normal page does, eg:
<apex:page standardController="Case">
<apex:Detail subject="{!Case.ID}" relatedList="true" />
</apex:page>

Override the Case view page with this page, then open a case in the Service console, and use the 'refresh' symbol for this page in the dropdown menu at the right of the list of tabs. The case view does not refresh. Taking the View override away makes the refresh work again (you can see the page reload). It does not matter what is in the override, as soon as the page is overridden, the refresh button fails.
Hi, in my service cloud console, the 'refresh' functionality (the 'round arrows' in the dropdown on the right) does not work anymore after the 'view' page for a case was overridden with a VF page. It does not seem to matter what's on the VF page.

To replicate, create a simple VF page, that will just show the case detail like the normal page does, eg:
<apex:page standardController="Case">
<apex:Detail subject="{!Case.ID}" relatedList="true" />
</apex:page>

Override the Case view page with this page, then open a case in the Service console, and use the 'refresh' symbol for this page in the dropdown menu at the right of the list of tabs. The case view does not refresh. Taking the View override away makes the refresh work again (you can see the page reload). It does not matter what is in the override, as soon as the page is overridden, the refresh button fails.

Hello...I consolidated 6 plain text email templates into 1 using conditional mark up (CASE) thus rendering the appropriate phrasing for the particular instance of the email. This worked like a charm and enabled me to have one CommandButton on a related VisualForce page instead of the 6 I had previously had.
Unfortunately the client made a follow up request: consolidate two of them further into one email but with much less content. On the surface it didn’t sound like too much work until I realized the only way to still use the same template was to obscure whole sections of text for this final scenario.

Below is a snippet of what I’ve been testing in the plain text template:

{!CASE(Session__c.Email_Notification__c, "FIRST APPOINTMENT", “START OF TEST”, “START OF TEST”)}
{!CASE(Session__c.Email_Notification__c, "FIRST APPOINTMENT", “”, “Please pay special attention to instructions below.”)}

{!CASE(Session__c.Email_Notification__c, "FIRST APPOINTMENT", “”, “Instructions:”)}
{!CASE(Session__c.Email_Notification__c, "FIRST APPOINTMENT", “”, “In lieu of a tire blow out, keep your ipad strapped in with a seat belt. Rear seating is always preferable for an ipad. But enough about Pat Metheny.”)}
{!CASE(Session__c.Email_Notification__c, "FIRST APPOINTMENT", “END OF TEST”, “END OF TEST”)}

The above code renders great for records that are not flagged “FIRST APPOINTMENT” e.g

START OF TEST
Please pay special attention to instructions below.

Instructions:
In lieu of a tire blow out, keep your ipad strapped in with a seat belt. Rear seating is always preferable for an ipad. But enough about Pat Metheny.
END OF TEST

But it literally puts white spaces for records that are flagged "FIRST APPOINTMENT", so they render as:

START OF TEST

END OF TEST

I am looking for a way to completely collapse white space as 75% of the template ends up rendering as white space for the FIRST APPOINTMENT scenario.

I also tested the following:

{!IF(ISPICKVAL(Session__c.Email_Notification__c , "FIRST APPOINTMENT"), "random1", NULL)}
{!IF(ISPICKVAL(Session__c.Email_Notification__c , "FIRST APPOINTMENT"), NULL, "random2")}
{!IF(ISPICKVAL(Session__c.Email_Notification__c , "FIRST APPOINTMENT"), "random3", NULL)}

The code above renders as:

random1

random 3

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hi All ... hoping someone has seen this before.

We have a Force.com Site which has login enabled for a specific customer portal. Portal users can log in and use the portal just fine. Only problem is when their session times out due to inactivity. It seems the systems tries to pop up a page called "/page/timeoutwarn.jsp", which I think is the standard timeout warning page in Salesforce, but instead it returns a Page Not Found error page. I figured that there was a standard timeout Visualforce page that perhaps wasn't assigned to the Site or to the portal user's profile, but I can't find a Visualforce page that relates to timeout. There are various other standard Sites Visualforce pages, like ForgotPassword or UnderConstruction, but nothing for timeout.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

I want to have a newline in a visual force email template. Here's what the template looks like:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!$Label.Action_Alert_Subject}" recipientType="User" language="{!recipient.LanguageLocaleKey}" relatedToType="User">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
<apex:repeat value="{!relatedTo.Action_Alerts__r}" var="alert">
<apex:outputText value="{!alert.Type}({!alert.Count__c}) ;" rendered="{!alert.Type__c='Orders Not Submitted'}"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!$Label.Orders_below_Minimum}({!alert.Count__c}) ;" rendered="{!alert.Type__c='Orders Under Minimum'}"/>

</apex:repeat>
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

If I have two record in "Action Items", i expect the two records in two separate lines. However it does'nt get sent that way. If I use the following:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!$Label.Action_Alert_Subject}" recipientType="User" language="{!recipient.LanguageLocaleKey}" relatedToType="User">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
<apex:repeat value="{!relatedTo.Action_Alerts__r}" var="alert">
{!alert.Type__c}({!alert.Count__c};
</apex:repeat>
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The email does have a newline after every record. I cannot use this option as the Type is a english picklist value and I need to be able to send the email in different languges based on the recipient's language preference.

Hi all

I am writing test cases for my Apex Page and want to verify that different messages are set at different points.

For this, I would like to clear out existing messages from my ApexPage.

Something similar to:

ApexPages.Messages = new List<ApexPages.Message>();

Is there a way to do this?