• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi. I've tried a few things, but I'm not getting the result that I'm hoping for. I'm trying to extract a fixed length string from a substring. Problem is that the string I'm looking for is not always in the same position in the substring. For example, see the string below. I want to extract "ECN_nnnn" from this. However, the letters "ECN_" isnt always in the same spot.  There will always be 4 characters to the right of "ECN_"

DOCUMENT APPROVAL: ECN_1053 - Auto Refractors Portuguese Labeling for Brazil

I think I'm using FIND and RIGHT, but cant get the syntax right. Thanks!
High growth med device company in northern NJ seeks Salesforce Admin with solid experience using out-of-the box / declarative tools, but also ideally have the ability to demonstrate some acumen with Apex and Visualforce.  This person will work directly with company leaders to carve out technical direction and implement solutions. You will inherit a mature org (10 years), own it, and design customizations, extensions, etc to help us continue to win. Great opportunity to work with an innovative company.

Local candidates only - No H1Bs - ADM cert required 

https://careers-topcon.icims.com/jobs/2315/salesforce-developer/job?in_iframe=1
Hello ohana. Like many others, I created an IFTTT recipe to be notified of any degradation in service. Its worked well for years. Today we all received an email indicating that the RSS will be depracated in favor of a REST API.

With RSS, it was easy for me to "push" the information about an outage to me. Now with REST, I can't seem to understand how to replicate the same behavior. 

Perhaps it's because I am not a developer. Seems silly to hire a developer in order to get notified of outages. No?  

Any developers out there that can help me put something together to replicate the old behavior in the new REST API?

Hello. I'm having a problem with a complex nested IF condition. Just cant seem to get the syntax correct. Here is my condition-with my comments:

Line 1: Check to see if todayminus_365__c falls in between the start date and the end date.

Line 2: If it does, see if the first condition is less than or equal to the second condition.

Line 3: Check to see if this condition is greater than 366. If it is, my end value should be 365, otherwise its 0.

IF (todayminus_365__c   >=  Start_Date__c && todayminus_365__c <=  End_Date__c,

IF (End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c <= 365, End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c,

IF (End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c > 366, 365,0)))

Hi. I've tried a few things, but I'm not getting the result that I'm hoping for. I'm trying to extract a fixed length string from a substring. Problem is that the string I'm looking for is not always in the same position in the substring. For example, see the string below. I want to extract "ECN_nnnn" from this. However, the letters "ECN_" isnt always in the same spot.  There will always be 4 characters to the right of "ECN_"

DOCUMENT APPROVAL: ECN_1053 - Auto Refractors Portuguese Labeling for Brazil

I think I'm using FIND and RIGHT, but cant get the syntax right. Thanks!
Hello ohana. Like many others, I created an IFTTT recipe to be notified of any degradation in service. Its worked well for years. Today we all received an email indicating that the RSS will be depracated in favor of a REST API.

With RSS, it was easy for me to "push" the information about an outage to me. Now with REST, I can't seem to understand how to replicate the same behavior. 

Perhaps it's because I am not a developer. Seems silly to hire a developer in order to get notified of outages. No?  

Any developers out there that can help me put something together to replicate the old behavior in the new REST API?

Hello. I'm having a problem with a complex nested IF condition. Just cant seem to get the syntax correct. Here is my condition-with my comments:

Line 1: Check to see if todayminus_365__c falls in between the start date and the end date.

Line 2: If it does, see if the first condition is less than or equal to the second condition.

Line 3: Check to see if this condition is greater than 366. If it is, my end value should be 365, otherwise its 0.

IF (todayminus_365__c   >=  Start_Date__c && todayminus_365__c <=  End_Date__c,

IF (End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c <= 365, End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c,

IF (End_Date__c -  todayminus_365__c > 366, 365,0)))