• 50 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've written a rather intricate flow which asks a number of questions from the user and then using APEX it creates a record to a custom object, based ont he user input.

The issue I face is that at the end of the Flow, I prompt the user to enter another record (against the same Master) and if they answer Yes, the Flow will repeat.  However, it retains all of the prior input.  Is there a way to clear all user input prior to repeating the flow?

Here's my business case: we have a few VisualForce pages that we use in Classic to override the Tab View. When we migrate to Lightning Experience, these Tab View VF pages will no longer be necessary. However, during the transition period, we need users in Classic who navigate to the tab to see the custom VF page, while users in LEX who navigate to the same tab to see the standard Lightning tab view.

There are a few methods I'm aware of to detect which UI theme a user is currently in. My first thought was to use the JavaScript Lightning navigation methods to force the user to navigate to the standard tab view UI, but the current navigation options feel lacking. Closest thing I see is navigateToList(​) but that requires you to specify a ListView. I'd prefer it to be ListView agnostic as we have to roll this out to many tab across many clients.

Is there another way to do this? Maybe hack the URL of the default lightning tab view and force a redirect to that URL? (Yuck, that seems worse than the solution above as I type that out and read it back)

We're building a package which, among other things, sends emails.  We want to use a specific OrgWideEmailAddress as the sender of the email if, and only if, the currently logged on user's profile allows him/her access to that OrgWideEmailAddress, otherwise fall back and use the user's email address as the From.

We've encountered 2 problems.

In the administration menu, you can set an OrgWideEmailAddress to allow all profiles, or only certain profiles.  But if you select 2 profiles out of the list, or all of them but one, and save, it pretends to save your input but the list of OrgWideEmailAddress object will show "No Access" for that OrgWideEmailAddress.  Only if you select a single profile and save will the list show that the selected profile now has access.

In the code, the statement "SELECT Id, DisplayName, Address FROM OrgWideEmailAddress" returns all records, whether the currently logged on user's profile is allowed to use them or not.  There is no field, array, or related record that can be queried to determine whether an OrgWideEmailAddress is usable by the current user's profile.  If you attempt to send an email using try/catch, no exception is generated, but the email is not sent, and there's no mechanism to determine whether the email was refused due to non-permitted use of orgWideEmailAddress.

Does anyone have a strategy for getting around this problem?

We are looking to use Flow embedded into a public SF site but would like to have the finish button say "Submit" instead of Next, or Finish.  This is to submit case information, but have the ability to control additional logic via Flow Designer.

Is this possible to do within VisualForce?

I've written a rather intricate flow which asks a number of questions from the user and then using APEX it creates a record to a custom object, based ont he user input.

The issue I face is that at the end of the Flow, I prompt the user to enter another record (against the same Master) and if they answer Yes, the Flow will repeat.  However, it retains all of the prior input.  Is there a way to clear all user input prior to repeating the flow?