• Member since 2013
  • Dominion Voting Systems

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have two S-Docs/SDocs templates that have identical HTML source code. (I did a file compare) There are no headers or footers, and the Page Settings are also identical. These templates produce a PDF for an Order.
When I generate the S-Docs PDF from the Order page using a button, each of these templates produces a slightly different output....the margins are different on both. This results in one of the templates, with wider margins, cutting off some information on the right side of the PDF.
Can anyone think of what could cause this?

(the reason I need this resolved is that S-Docs is not allowing me to edit the correct template, so I thought I could just copy the HTML from the correct template to the new template...but the HTML is identical...so now I am stuck!)
I got an email from Salesforce warning that API Versions 30.0 and under are being retired. I did some research and I found one API call in the event log that says it comes from "/v30.0/connect/communities" and that I was the person that invoked it.
Does anyone have any idea to what that is referring? We dont use "Communities" at all, so I dont know what this API call could have been for.
All help greatly appreciated!
I am using SDocs which has an HTML editor for its document templates. 
I have a Special Instructions text field that I want to wrap, but I dont know how to do that. 
Can anyone tell me how to insert a word-wrap into this code?

<table border=".5" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="style1" style="line-height: 20.7999992370605px; width: 699px;" width="50%">
    <thead>
        <tr>
            <th class="style3" colspan="4" scope="col" style="border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><strong>Special Instructions</strong></span></th>
        </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td colspan="4" style="border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size:11px;">{{!Order.special_instructions_all__c}}</span></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td colspan="4" style="border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Shipping Instructions -&nbsp;</strong></span><span style="font-size: 11px;">Loading Area ({{!Order.shipping_loading_area__c}}), Acceptance TImes ({{!Order.shipping_acceptance_times__c}}), Advance Notice ({{!Order.shipping_is_advance_notice_required__c}})</span></td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>
I would like to have a button on a custom object, that when clicked, will open the standard Send Email window, but automatically include all the attachments that were attached to that instance of the custom object.

The user can then remove any attachments they dont want, or add other attachments, then send the email.

(I understand that perhaps documents should be stored in Libraries or Documents folders, and not in Notes&Attachments, but that is another discussion).

I am not a developer, but if there is a solution for this I would try and implement it. All help greatly appreciated!

This has to be the simplest trigger request ever.

I have a rich text field on Product object. Lets call it RTA.

I have another rich text field on Product object. Lets call it RTB.

I simply want a trigger that copies RTA to RTB whenever the Product is created or updated. I have never written Apex code before.

(Why do I need this? Because this cannot be done through formulas or workflows, because it is a Rich Text field, which Salesforce has limitations on.)

I have been looking for similar code, but due to my limited Apex programming skills, I cant figure out how to code this.

Could anyone help provide code for this simpe trigger?

All help GREATLY appreciated. 

I am not an Apex developer, but I have been able to get my first simple trigger working in my sandbox. However, I am wondering if someone could guide me throught the writing of a Test Class, so that I can get this promoted to production. All help greatly appreciated. Here is my trigger code:

// This trigger assigns a value to the QuoteLineItem Product Description Formatted field from a PriceBookEntry field
// before Quote Line Items are saved to the database.

trigger QuoteLineItemProductDescriptionFormatted on QuoteLineItem (before insert) {

// Determine the distinct pricebook entries
    Set<ID> pbeIds = new Set<ID>();
    for (QuoteLineItem oli : Trigger.new)
        pbeIds.add(oli.pricebookentryid);

// Query the pricebook entries
    Map<Id, PricebookEntry> entries = new Map<Id, PricebookEntry>(
        [select product2.Product_Description_Formatted__c from pricebookentry
         where id in :pbeIds]);

// Now set the Product Description Formatted on the Quote line items
        oli.Product_Description_Formatted__c = entries.get(oli.pricebookEntryId).product2.Product_Description_Formatted__c;

}

I got an email from Salesforce warning that API Versions 30.0 and under are being retired. I did some research and I found one API call in the event log that says it comes from "/v30.0/connect/communities" and that I was the person that invoked it.
Does anyone have any idea to what that is referring? We dont use "Communities" at all, so I dont know what this API call could have been for.
All help greatly appreciated!
Hello everybody,

Since 15th of July, SSO on UAT is unavailable for my client. I checked the configuration and could discover that:
1) My Domain > Authentication Configuration had been kind of reset to default
2) the url sent to the client has been modified: Server Instance is no more available in the URL. HEre is the log on client side:

The request specified an Assertion Consumer Service URL 'https://xxxxxxxxx--uat.my.salesforce.com/?so=xxxxxxxxxxx' that is not configured on the relying party 'https://xxxxxxxxx--uat.CSXXX.my.salesforce.com'.
Assertion Consumer Service URL: https://xxxxxxxxxxx--uat.my.salesforce.com/?so=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Relying party: https://xxxxxxxxxxx--uat.CSXXX.my.salesforce.com

Actually Assertion 'https://xxxxxxxxxx--uat.my.salesforce.com/?so=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' is unknown since the one configured includes ".CSXXX" mentioned in the URL : https://xxxxxxxxx--UAT.CSXXX.my.salesforce.com?so=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone an idea how this configuration, including salesforce instance, could be modified without any action from an admin?
Has anyone an idea where in the configuration I can modify and correct this url to be sent to the client ?

Thank you

Hi! We have configurated Single Sign On Connection in a SandBox and in Production Enviroment.

In a Sandbox, the resulting field "Login URL" in Single Sign-On Settings was:

https://xxxx--xxx.my.salesforce.com (https://santanderservice--pre.my.salesforce.com" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline)

(WITHOUT 'so' parameter in URL)

But, in Production the "Login URL" was:

https://xxxxxxxx.my.salesforce.com?so=00D1i000000V5bf (https://santanderservice.my.salesforce.com?so=00D1i000000V5bf" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline)

(WITH 'so' parameter in URL)

We have tested in Production with and without the 'so' parameter and runs OK.

Our question are:

- Why Sandbox and Production URLs are different about 'so' parameter?
- Can we use the URL without parameter in both cases?
- Will this change in the future?

Thanks!
I am recevieing the following error below that just stated happening today July 12. I'm not sure what would cause this error all of a sudden. If anyone can help me where to look for the issue i would appreciate it. It apprears to be coming from an install pacakge that is not active anymore called. Big Machine  for qouting.

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger BMXB.BMX_OpptyHandler caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: BMXB.BMX_OpptyHandler: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.QueryException: sObject type 'QConfig__Model__c' is not supported.: Class.QConfig.configOpptyTriggerHandler.copySyncedQuoteIdToModels: line 38, column 1". 
  • July 12, 2018
I just can't work this out.  I've read and re-read the Salesforce documentation.  All I want to do is connect my Community to the internal Identity Provider.

1. I have a Salesforce Org with a Community, nothing special - community is active and published, standard template, no customization

2. I set-up My Domain and this automatically creates a SAML idetnity provider for the new domain.  It included a self-signed certificate plus metadata end-points for the Domain and the Community Domain.

3. I set-up both domains as Remote Sites so I can then set them up for SSO

4. I enable Single Sign-on and set-up the Community as per the instructions:  https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sso.meta/sso/sso_examples_sf2sf.htm
To set up a community as a service provider, use the community URL under SAML Metadata Discovery Endpoints on the Identity Provider page. Upload the SAML metadata from this URL. Using the metadata populates the service provider’s SAML SSO settings, including the Login URL that points to the community. When you define a connected app on the identity provider, specify this Login URL as the ACS URL.

5. I set-up the community as a connected app and use the Entity ID and HTTPRedirect URL specified

6. I update the community to enable access to this SSO login.  I get it showing on the login screen, but it doesn't work.  What can I do to debug this??

Community Login Page

SSO Page - no login
What is the default account to which cases that do not find a match in the contacts email field are assigned to? Or are they not assigned to any account? 
I am trying to find the carriage return in case description field.  I used these formula listed below. Everytime it returns zero.
Any ideas how I can find the line break?
Both of these items below return zero. There is definetely a line break in my description field
FIND('\r',  Description,1 )
FIND('\n',Description,1 )
I've got an Sobject collection variable in a flow, and I would like to display a list of values from the collection in a display text field.

If I use the varaible resource, it displays the IDs, along the lines of [Id1, Id2, Id3].

Is there any way to get the flow to produce something along the lines of:

Name1, Value1
Name2, Value2,
Name3, Value3,

in a display text field?

If not possible in the flow itself, I'm guessing if I embed the flow in a visualforce page I could pull it off, but would appreciate any tips on going about that.

Thanks

(Cross post from success: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000Cr4J)
Hi guys,
I have a image formula text field. Whenever I run the report and export it but on excel sheet it doesn't show the image. It is only showing the url where I saved the images in salesforce. Can someone please help me that how can I export image on excel sheet? Or can someone help me the alternative. Actually I was required to have color background red green and yellow for almost 6 fields with the different criteria. For example if percentage is less then 25% color background should be Red and If it is more then 75% green and between 25% to 75% Yellow background.
  • March 12, 2014
I am looking to recreate the "Create PDF" button on the quote page. What I am looking to do is have the custom create pdf button only list certain templates that can be used for a certain record type. My question is how do I go about recreating the "Create PDF" button to work simpler to the standard button. I am not a developer so I am trying to figure out the code needed to create the custom button and trying to figure out if I need to create a visualforce page, iframe, javascript, or whatever to get this working.

This has to be the simplest trigger request ever.

I have a rich text field on Product object. Lets call it RTA.

I have another rich text field on Product object. Lets call it RTB.

I simply want a trigger that copies RTA to RTB whenever the Product is created or updated. I have never written Apex code before.

(Why do I need this? Because this cannot be done through formulas or workflows, because it is a Rich Text field, which Salesforce has limitations on.)

I have been looking for similar code, but due to my limited Apex programming skills, I cant figure out how to code this.

Could anyone help provide code for this simpe trigger?

All help GREATLY appreciated. 

I am not an Apex developer, but I have been able to get my first simple trigger working in my sandbox. However, I am wondering if someone could guide me throught the writing of a Test Class, so that I can get this promoted to production. All help greatly appreciated. Here is my trigger code:

// This trigger assigns a value to the QuoteLineItem Product Description Formatted field from a PriceBookEntry field
// before Quote Line Items are saved to the database.

trigger QuoteLineItemProductDescriptionFormatted on QuoteLineItem (before insert) {

// Determine the distinct pricebook entries
    Set<ID> pbeIds = new Set<ID>();
        pbeIds.add(oli.pricebookentryid);

// Query the pricebook entries
    Map<Id, PricebookEntry> entries = new Map<Id, PricebookEntry>(
        [select product2.Product_Description_Formatted__c from pricebookentry
         where id in :pbeIds]);

// Now set the Product Description Formatted on the Quote line items
        oli.Product_Description_Formatted__c = entries.get(oli.pricebookEntryId).product2.Product_Description_Formatted__c;

}

Hi,iam using quote sync package to syn the quotes.

while syncing one quote line item it throws the error,

Attempted to sync object 00kQ0000008NH23 which was previously synced in this transaction 

i had checked the product pricebook,pricebook entry everything looks fine.

ANy one has any suggestion.

Hi All,

I want to send an email with the selected Attachment from Notes and Attachment related list....

i.e. i have some file inside Notes and Attachment related list.. and i want to select one file out of them.. and want to email that with some template.. please let me kow how can i do that...

Thanks

Here is the scenario: You create a opportunity. You attach some files to that opportunity via the “Notes & Attachments” related list. You decide you have to email one of these files to a recipient and you want to use the “Send An Email” button on the Activity History related list, so you click the button. Next you try to attach a file that was just previously uploaded as an attachment to the opportunity, so you click the “Attach File” button.

Problem: The Attach File lookup window only supports Documents.  Attached files cannot be found.

Can this be fixed via something simple like a setting or an AppExchange package?  I can’t believe you can’t do this by default.  I looked at the schema and the Document object is about identical to the Attachment object… so what gives?

If I have to write some APEX or Visual Force to get around this, that is fine… but I’m looking for thoughts and ideas on how best to get this solved.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi,
     can anyone give me the solution defined below:

I created an s-control that execute on any page loading.
There is one button say 'View' on html s-control.
I want to open a file that is located on local machine by clicking the 'View' button in salesforce.

But it gives some Security error.

Can anyone tell how can i resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Is there a tool in salesforce that can mass upload documents (excel files) to specific Accounts, instead of manually uploading it from Notes and Attachments section?

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
  • April 09, 2007
We have a site that was recently launched into production. Over the past 2 days, Salesforce has reported 20K, 70Kfor 1/26 and 1/27. We use Google Analytics on every page on the site to track this as well. Google reports 21K and 20K for 1/26 and 1/27. What is the deal with the double/triple counting page views, and how do we stop it? Since the only thing in Sites you pay extra/add-on for is page views, this is a pretty large concern to us. I'm opening a support ticket too, but I figured I'd throw this in the open to see if anyone else has found similar.

Here is the scenario: You create a opportunity. You attach some files to that opportunity via the “Notes & Attachments” related list. You decide you have to email one of these files to a recipient and you want to use the “Send An Email” button on the Activity History related list, so you click the button. Next you try to attach a file that was just previously uploaded as an attachment to the opportunity, so you click the “Attach File” button.

Problem: The Attach File lookup window only supports Documents.  Attached files cannot be found.

Can this be fixed via something simple like a setting or an AppExchange package?  I can’t believe you can’t do this by default.  I looked at the schema and the Document object is about identical to the Attachment object… so what gives?

If I have to write some APEX or Visual Force to get around this, that is fine… but I’m looking for thoughts and ideas on how best to get this solved.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.