• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In our Project we have to populate Latitude/Longitude information for leads using Google Maps API for business.

To use the API, I need to generte a HMacSHA1 signature.I am unable to generate a signed URL. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Anil

My Company recently signed up for Google Maps API for business.

To use the API, I need to generte a HMacSHA1 signature, and add it to my HTTP request. Unfortunately, somehow, I am not able to generate the right signature.

For testing, I am using the values provided by google to ensure that the algorithm works fine and I get the right result. Here is the code:

string url = 'maps/api/geocode/json?address=New+York&sensor=false&client=clientID';
string privateKey = 'vNIXE0xscrmjlyV-12Nj_BvUPaw=';

privateKey = privateKey.replace('-', '+');
privateKey = privateKey.replace('_', '/');

//Blob privateKeyBlob = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(privateKey);
Blob privateKeyBlob = Blob.valueOf(privateKey);
Blob urlBlob = Blob.valueOf(url);

Blob signatureBlob = Crypto.generateMac('HMacSHA1', urlBlob, privateKeyBlob);

String signature =EncodingUtil.urlEncode(EncodingUtil.base64Encode(signatureBlob), 'UTF-8');

signature = signature.replace('+', '-');
signature = signature.replace('/', '_');

system.debug('signature is ' +signature);

The generated signature should be : KrU1TzVQM7Ur0i8i7K3huiw3MsA=

Here is the link to Google Documentation where you can also find the same example: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/business/webservices

Few points to note:

1. I used the sample Python script provided in API Documentation and it gives the right result.

2. I think the problem is, API Documentation says that we should decode the privateKey and then provide it to the function. Although the documentation for Crypto Class says the "The value of privateKey does not need to be in decoded form.". I tried both, with and without decoding, still no result.

3. For Google API, everything has to be UTF-8 Encoded; I don't know if thats the way Encoding.Util decode's it.

I have tried a lot fo combinations, but could not find a solution. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ankit

• December 14, 2012