• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can anyone tell me the difference between Global Scheduler & Public Scheduler class and difference between Global Batch class and Public Batch class.

Can anyone tell me the difference between Global Scheduler & Public Scheduler class and difference between Global Batch class and Public Batch class.

Hi,

If I create a custom component, is there any way to update a value on the parent controller? Let's say as a parameter passed into the custom component, I gave a value like {!value}. Can the controller behind the custom component modify that variable that's on the main page's custom controller? In java you might do this with a shared bean or session variable. What about in apex?

I have several VF tabs on my page. Each tab is a different business function. I end up re-using code on multiple VF pages so it would be great to make each tab a component so I can re-use thm elsewhere.  Right now it's monolithic. But a link on one tab may cause the VF page to jump you to another tab and use a commandlink parameter.

So if we were to break this up into custom components, we would need to somehow pass data between them. Is that possible somehow? It looks like variables only flow one way or maybe we just don't know how to do it?

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

DSL

• April 12, 2009