• 75 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using MavensMate in Sublime Text to do my development. It has been working fine until about mid day today. Now every time I try to updated a file I'm working on or refresh data from the server I encounter this error. Any ideas of what I need to look at to fix it. I've done the standard Windows reboot to see if that fixed anything but it hasn't.

We've added custom fields, Topic__c and Sub_Topic__c to the Case object. I created an object I'm calling CaseQuestion__c and it has matching Topic__c and Sub_Topic__c fields. I'd like to link from the Case object to the CaseQuestion__c object using the values in these fields. I've not been able to do this so far and don't understand linking as described in the documents. This would be very simple in SQL but SOQL doesn't handle relationships like this.

I've kind of worked around it by adding a reference field and then adding formula fields to the Case object that gather the falues from the CaseQuestion__c object. It works but I'm not fond of it because it seems to be just creating reduntant fields in the database and uses up some of the field qota.

Is there a better way to do this or is SalesForce just not set up to do this well? It seems odd to me because most of my work with SQL was in creating relations exactly like this for reporting and analysis.

I've created a summary report but would prefer to only show the summary lines and suppress the detail lines. Is there a way to do this?

I'm trying to find documentation on classes and methods in the sforce namespace. I'm trying to make some calls into my Apex class but when I call sforce.Apex.execute() I recieve an excpetion that the session is invalid. I'm not connecting from a remote app but just within a VisualForce page. What snippets and samples I find are too simple and I can't piece together all of the bits. I see references to various things to do but I can't find any documentation on how to do this because I don't know which classes are available under sforce and what methods are exposed to resolve my issues.

Thanks in advance.

When I try to create a custom button for a payge layout that should target a VisualForce page I've created, if I select the VisualForce Page option for the "Content  Source" drop down, the "Content" drop down does not get populated with any of the VisualForce pages that have been created.

What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

I want to work on creating an application that contains components in such a way that the controller can modify some of the page's, element's event handlers and be able to provide custom actions automatically without the person writing the page to having to replicate all of the JavaScript and other code to provide the functionality.

OK a lot like the autocomplete controller from S Labs.

You may be asking me why? Well the main reason is I want to learn how to do this and second, I want to change the way it works and see if I can make it more generic and be able to search more than just the name field for an object.

All of the samples I've found so far are far too simple to show how to hook into the event handlers and inject my script into the page's elements.

What I'd like to do is something like the follwoing:

public List<String> foo( String objectName, String fieldName, String searchString ){
List<String> returnValues = new List<String>();
String qs = 'SELECT ' + fieldName + ' FROM ' + objectName + ' WHERE ' + fieldName + ' LIKE \'%' + searchString + '%\'';
List<sObject> records = Database.query( qs );
for( sObject rec : records )
    returnValues.add( rec.get( fieldName ) );
}

The poblem is that I can't figure out how to get the value for the rec.sObjectField object.

Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to find it in the Apex documentation.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using MavensMate in Sublime Text to do my development. It has been working fine until about mid day today. Now every time I try to updated a file I'm working on or refresh data from the server I encounter this error. Any ideas of what I need to look at to fix it. I've done the standard Windows reboot to see if that fixed anything but it hasn't.

We've added custom fields, Topic__c and Sub_Topic__c to the Case object. I created an object I'm calling CaseQuestion__c and it has matching Topic__c and Sub_Topic__c fields. I'd like to link from the Case object to the CaseQuestion__c object using the values in these fields. I've not been able to do this so far and don't understand linking as described in the documents. This would be very simple in SQL but SOQL doesn't handle relationships like this.

I've kind of worked around it by adding a reference field and then adding formula fields to the Case object that gather the falues from the CaseQuestion__c object. It works but I'm not fond of it because it seems to be just creating reduntant fields in the database and uses up some of the field qota.

Is there a better way to do this or is SalesForce just not set up to do this well? It seems odd to me because most of my work with SQL was in creating relations exactly like this for reporting and analysis.

I've created a summary report but would prefer to only show the summary lines and suppress the detail lines. Is there a way to do this?

When I try to create a custom button for a payge layout that should target a VisualForce page I've created, if I select the VisualForce Page option for the "Content  Source" drop down, the "Content" drop down does not get populated with any of the VisualForce pages that have been created.

What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

I want to work on creating an application that contains components in such a way that the controller can modify some of the page's, element's event handlers and be able to provide custom actions automatically without the person writing the page to having to replicate all of the JavaScript and other code to provide the functionality.

OK a lot like the autocomplete controller from S Labs.

You may be asking me why? Well the main reason is I want to learn how to do this and second, I want to change the way it works and see if I can make it more generic and be able to search more than just the name field for an object.

All of the samples I've found so far are far too simple to show how to hook into the event handlers and inject my script into the page's elements.

What I'd like to do is something like the follwoing:

public List<String> foo( String objectName, String fieldName, String searchString ){
List<String> returnValues = new List<String>();
String qs = 'SELECT ' + fieldName + ' FROM ' + objectName + ' WHERE ' + fieldName + ' LIKE \'%' + searchString + '%\'';
List<sObject> records = Database.query( qs );
for( sObject rec : records )
    returnValues.add( rec.get( fieldName ) );
}

The poblem is that I can't figure out how to get the value for the rec.sObjectField object.

Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to find it in the Apex documentation.

Thanks in advance.