• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We have the following requirements:

1.) Customize the login screen of the salesforce 1 app. We have looked into the Salesforce1 App brading, but what we also need is to change the colour of the 'Login' button and 'Forgot Password' link to a different color.

2) Can we download the Salesforce1 App specific to the company Domain? We do not want our users to see the Salesforce login page and then configiure the company specific URL in server settings.

Please let us know if there are workaround for the above.

Thanks in advance!
What is the best way to build a bybrid app?

Hybrid apps are built using HTML5 and JavaScript wrapped inside a thin container that provides access to native platform features. For the most part, hybrid apps provide the best of both worlds, being almost as easy to develop as HTML5 apps with all the functionality of native. In addition, hybrid apps can use the SmartSync Data Framework in JavaScript to model Salesforce data, query and search it, edit it, securely cache it for offline use, and synchronize it with the Salesforce server.
You know that native apps are installed on the device, while HTML5 apps reside on a Web server, so you might be wondering whether hybrid apps store their files on the device or on a server? You can implement a hybrid app locally or remotely.

Local

You can package HTML and JavaScript code inside the mobile application binary, in a structure similar to a native application. In this scenario you use REST APIs and Ajax to move data back and forth between the device and the cloud.

Server

Alternatively, you can implement the full web application from the server (with optional caching for better performance). Your container app retrieves the full application from the server and displays it in a browser window.
What is the best way to build a bybrid app?

Hybrid apps are built using HTML5 and JavaScript wrapped inside a thin container that provides access to native platform features. For the most part, hybrid apps provide the best of both worlds, being almost as easy to develop as HTML5 apps with all the functionality of native. In addition, hybrid apps can use the SmartSync Data Framework in JavaScript to model Salesforce data, query and search it, edit it, securely cache it for offline use, and synchronize it with the Salesforce server.
You know that native apps are installed on the device, while HTML5 apps reside on a Web server, so you might be wondering whether hybrid apps store their files on the device or on a server? You can implement a hybrid app locally or remotely.

Local

You can package HTML and JavaScript code inside the mobile application binary, in a structure similar to a native application. In this scenario you use REST APIs and Ajax to move data back and forth between the device and the cloud.

Server

Alternatively, you can implement the full web application from the server (with optional caching for better performance). Your container app retrieves the full application from the server and displays it in a browser window.
Hi All,

We have the following requirements:

1.) Customize the login screen of the salesforce 1 app. We have looked into the Salesforce1 App brading, but what we also need is to change the colour of the 'Login' button and 'Forgot Password' link to a different color.

2) Can we download the Salesforce1 App specific to the company Domain? We do not want our users to see the Salesforce login page and then configiure the company specific URL in server settings.

Please let us know if there are workaround for the above.

Thanks in advance!

I am using this ruby gem - https://github.com/ejholmes/restforce and can't seem to figure out how to update a push topic. I can create it but cannot update it. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

I am trying to get a list of sobjets that were updated in a certain time interval. Is there a way I can do that with 'databasedotcom' gem? I found that SOAP API has getUpdated() call whereas REST API has nothing similar and 'databasedotcom' gem is based on REST API.

• September 24, 2012

I'm hoping someone will respond.  So far, I've had no luck on any of my other posts getting someone to respond.

Goal:  Query all records of a custom object type from Rails.

Approaches tried and results:

asf-soap-adapter gem:  doesn't support underscores in object names

asf-rest-adapter gem:  (don't recall why, but this didn't work either)

databasedotcom gem:  .all() method only returns 250 records and there are nearly 900 in Salesforce

salesforce bulk api:  tried several gems that purport to be bulk api gems.  received various errors with every one of them.

Question 1:  Is the bulk api the proper approach here, or should the normal REST api work?  Is there any way to make the databasedotcom gem work in this situation?

Question 2:  If the bulk api is the proper approach, is there an official gem that should be used?  I tried them all, including the one referenced in the Salesforce documentation, without success.

Hoping that someone will read this and provide some direction.

TR

I am developing a chrome extension which uses chatter api. The extension will authenticate the user using oauth. Fom there on, if someone comments on the user's post, or if some one comments on the post liked by user, or if someone comments on the post which the user follows, chrome extension has to display desktop notification. I thought of using streamin API.

But the limits are looks constraining. And I am not sure whether this is possible using streaming api. Or is there any better approach for doing this?

i not understanding usage of junction object .

Please explain usage and how to create junction object with a example

I want to populate treeview same as Organization's Role Hierarchy in salesforce. Add/Edit features should be threre. But this tree view should not reflect the Organization's Role Hierarchy.

Example:

Admin1
|------ Manager1
--|------ ReportingPerson1
--|------ ReportingPerson2
|------ Manager2
--|------ ReportingPerson3
--|------ ReportingPerson4
--|------ ReportingPerson5
|------ Manager3
--|------ ReportingPerson6
--|------ ReportingPerson7
--|------ ReportingPerson8
|------ Manager4
Admin2
|------ Manager5
|------ Manager6
--|------ ReportingPerson3
--|------ ReportingPerson4
--|------ ReportingPerson5

--Chamil Madusanka

Hello,

I wanted to explore ruby for a while, and there is no better place than getting suggestions from this community. How is ruby tied to Salesforce, what applications can be created or built (any real time / real world examples please). Also, i would like to learn ruby, and you can consider me as worse than a dummy in programming. So please refer me the very basic of ruby learning resources.

Thanks.

• January 13, 2011