• 5 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am aware of the SFDC 'Government Cloud' which is described as a 'dedicated multi-tenant instance' - does anyone know if this is its own server farm?

More importantly, is the 'Government Cloud' FISMA or DIACAP certified? Is the non-'Government Cloud' FISMA or DIACAP certified? 

TIA

Where is documentation for creating a custom url with specified expiration date for users to Grant Login Access to an Admin?

The Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant Study Guide (www.salesforce.com/assets/pdf/misc/SG_SalesCloudConsultant.pdf) recommends an online training session titled "Implementing CRM Essentials" and module 3 (Deliver a Secure Environment) includes 'Security Settings' content. The narrator offers the following tip: "... Create a custom link, that sets that end date to allow Grant Login Access to the Admin until the end of the implementation. Have each user click that link when they first login ..." Where in the world is information on how to do this?

CAVEAT: this question should be asked on the 'Adminforce' or 'ISVforce' boards - but since they don't exist and my quagmire has officially moved to 'Desperation' in the status picklist ...

I need to build a process for an ISV customer support environment (Sales Cloud).

Use case: a Client buys the ISV app from the AppXchng, the ISV uses LMA & Partner Order to process the order, then the Client receives a single Admin license for the ISV's app. When the Client has a problem, s/he contacts the ISV. The ISV uses the Subscriber Support Console via the LMA Subscribers tab to login to the Client org.

This is where the breakdown occurs: the Subscriber Support Console appears to provide 'quasi-full' Admin perms. The ISV can do almost anything, except install an app from the app exchange and select other 'high-level Admin functions.' The curent solution is a WebEx with the Client who must login, sit idly by, and allow the ISV to work. Not a 'customer-focused solution' ...

My only idea thus far is a second Admin license the ISV retains to login not via the Subscriber Support Console. But the ISV isn't interested in eating the cost of an Admin license for every Client they onboard.

Notes:

1. the Subscriber Support Console looks awfully similiar to BlackTab - but per SFDC, this is not BlackTab

2. per SFDC the Subscriber Support Console is fully explained via: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/index_Left.htm  but this info seems to reinforce my takeaways above

3. PartnerForce is impressively not helpful

I'm hoping there are other ISV / Admin / hack-developers on this board who can help. Pls don't flame me for posting this on devforce - I'm just that outa ideas ... another way to look at it is devs know everything so hopefully one of the many geniuses here can help (eyeroll) 

TIA. Seriously. HUGE TIA.

Is it possible to create picklist values which are auto-generated 15 minute increments?

I'd like a picklist which enables a user to select the total time in 15 minute increments. For example, one user may need to enter "45 minutes" while another user may need to enter "37 hours and 15 minutes" The universe of values is 35,040 entries (365 days @ 24 hours @ 15 min increments) so I'm hoping there is a way to enable the user to 'scroll' thru an 1) auto-generated 2) increasing picklist of values until s/he reaches the needed value.

Note1: I considered using some version of "multiply by .25" but all my testing yielded a failure at some point. Anyone better at math than me??

Note2: This is to solve for a different problem which doesn't seem to have any good solutions. The real problem is similiar to a time clock for people to 'clock in' and 'clock out' during the day (similiar but not limited to 24 hours). There are countless hacks for this problem (the creativity in developerforce is truly amazing!) but none fit my use case. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

TIA

Is it posible to require a field to be non-blank based on an action of a different field on the same page layout via standard SFDC functionality?

Use case: I have a Picklist and Picklist (Multi-Select) which combine (logically) to require or not require an entry in a Text field. For example, the Picklist includes: car, truck, plane, boat. The Picklist (Multi-Select) includes: engine, control unit, driver, passenger, luggage. The Text field must be non-blank if Picklist does not = "car" or "truck" AND Picklist (Multi-Select) = "luggage" ONLY

Can this be done without VF / Apex code?

I tried various combinations of IF / INCLUDES / AND / NOT logic and either I built it wrong or this won't work.

TIA!

Is it possible to import help text to standard fields and custom fields?

The help text values apparently do not push or pull when upgrading a package. We have an install base for our app and I need to add help text to many fields. I prefer not to copy/paste 300+ times across 20 orgs.

TIA

PS: I am new and this is my 1st post - apologies if this is the wrong board.

CAVEAT: this question should be asked on the 'Adminforce' or 'ISVforce' boards - but since they don't exist and my quagmire has officially moved to 'Desperation' in the status picklist ...

I need to build a process for an ISV customer support environment (Sales Cloud).

Use case: a Client buys the ISV app from the AppXchng, the ISV uses LMA & Partner Order to process the order, then the Client receives a single Admin license for the ISV's app. When the Client has a problem, s/he contacts the ISV. The ISV uses the Subscriber Support Console via the LMA Subscribers tab to login to the Client org.

This is where the breakdown occurs: the Subscriber Support Console appears to provide 'quasi-full' Admin perms. The ISV can do almost anything, except install an app from the app exchange and select other 'high-level Admin functions.' The curent solution is a WebEx with the Client who must login, sit idly by, and allow the ISV to work. Not a 'customer-focused solution' ...

My only idea thus far is a second Admin license the ISV retains to login not via the Subscriber Support Console. But the ISV isn't interested in eating the cost of an Admin license for every Client they onboard.

Notes:

1. the Subscriber Support Console looks awfully similiar to BlackTab - but per SFDC, this is not BlackTab

2. per SFDC the Subscriber Support Console is fully explained via: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/index_Left.htm  but this info seems to reinforce my takeaways above

3. PartnerForce is impressively not helpful

I'm hoping there are other ISV / Admin / hack-developers on this board who can help. Pls don't flame me for posting this on devforce - I'm just that outa ideas ... another way to look at it is devs know everything so hopefully one of the many geniuses here can help (eyeroll) 

TIA. Seriously. HUGE TIA.

Is it possible to create picklist values which are auto-generated 15 minute increments?

I'd like a picklist which enables a user to select the total time in 15 minute increments. For example, one user may need to enter "45 minutes" while another user may need to enter "37 hours and 15 minutes" The universe of values is 35,040 entries (365 days @ 24 hours @ 15 min increments) so I'm hoping there is a way to enable the user to 'scroll' thru an 1) auto-generated 2) increasing picklist of values until s/he reaches the needed value.

Note1: I considered using some version of "multiply by .25" but all my testing yielded a failure at some point. Anyone better at math than me??

Note2: This is to solve for a different problem which doesn't seem to have any good solutions. The real problem is similiar to a time clock for people to 'clock in' and 'clock out' during the day (similiar but not limited to 24 hours). There are countless hacks for this problem (the creativity in developerforce is truly amazing!) but none fit my use case. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

TIA

Hi, 

I need to setup a Idea in Salesofrce for my internal Users. Does anyone has done this before and can help me to setup Ideas?

Like what information is required, the flow process, what quesions to ask in Idea?

Thanks.

Richa

Is it possible to import help text to standard fields and custom fields?

The help text values apparently do not push or pull when upgrading a package. We have an install base for our app and I need to add help text to many fields. I prefer not to copy/paste 300+ times across 20 orgs.

TIA

PS: I am new and this is my 1st post - apologies if this is the wrong board.