• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Under my CONTACTS object, I have a picklist that asks "How did you hear about us".  The picklist options are: Internet, Friend/Family, Church, Ad/Print, Event, Other.  I would like a text field to be filled in when any of these choices are chosen so that we know more detail.  What would the validation rule formula be? 

I inserted:

AND(NOT(ISPICKVAL( How_Did_You_Find_Out_About_ZOE__c , "Event")),

NOT(ISBLANK( Event_Name__c )))

The formula is not working properly!  I tested the formula choosing another option besides EVENT and it wouldn't let me save.

Also, is there a way to make the text field ONLY SHOW UP when a certain option is chosen from the picklist?  For example, the the EVENT NAME text field only show up when EVENT is chosen in the picklist?

THANKS!

• August 21, 2013

Under my CONTACTS object, I have a picklist that asks "How did you hear about us".  The picklist options are: Internet, Friend/Family, Church, Ad/Print, Event, Other.  I would like a text field to be filled in when any of these choices are chosen so that we know more detail.  What would the validation rule formula be? 

I inserted:

AND(NOT(ISPICKVAL( How_Did_You_Find_Out_About_ZOE__c , "Event")),

NOT(ISBLANK( Event_Name__c )))

The formula is not working properly!  I tested the formula choosing another option besides EVENT and it wouldn't let me save.

Also, is there a way to make the text field ONLY SHOW UP when a certain option is chosen from the picklist?  For example, the the EVENT NAME text field only show up when EVENT is chosen in the picklist?

THANKS!

• August 21, 2013