• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everybody,

I read somewhere that the Custom Buttons option to be able to execute javascript is going to be removed (for security concerns) in the future versions of Salesforce. 
This would be in any custom button page the options where you select:
Behaviour: Execute Javascript
Content Source OnClick Javascript

However, I can't seem to find this information anywhere and I was wondering if I was mistaken.
Can somebody from salesforce tell me if this change is on the roadmap, and when is it planned to be delivered? As this would require a some of changes to our current application.

Thanks!

Hello, 

I have Custom_Object__c with:

1. Org-Wide Default Settings as: Private
  2. Object Permissions in the user Profile: Create, Read, Edit, Delete.

I have a small development in Apex that is creating some apex managed sharing rules, to give certain users access to records they don't own. So far I only needed to give the users either "Read" or "Edit" permissions. So all worked ok.

However, now I need to grant users delete permissions for records they don't own. Without touching profile nor org-wide default settings. This would mean creating the apex managed sharing rules with accessLevel = 'All'.

I looked into the documentation, it seems to say that it's not possible to do that. (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_bulk_sharing_understanding.htm)

All: This access level can only be granted with Force.com managed sharing.

Does anybody know a workaround to give the user delete permissions for records they don't own using apex managed sharing?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am creating the Sharing rules for several Objects via apex code, until recently our development has worked wihtout any issues but we recently updated some of the users to use the 

Salesforce Platform license (previously they had Saleforce license)

I have seen that the field SOBject__Share.RowCause can't be updated (as explains perfectly this post: http://www.tgerm.com/2012/01/field-is-not-writeable-sharerowcause.html) but, this can't be the issue because the sharing rules is being created at that moment (plus previously was working without problem).

Here you can see the code piece where the sharing rules is created:

Flight_Leg__Share sharingRule = newFlight_Leg__Share();
sharingRule.parentId = fleg.Id;
sharingRule.UserOrGroupId = sharingGroupId;
sharingRule.accessLevel = accessLevel;
sharingRule.RowCause = Schema.Flight_Leg__Share.RowCause.AutoCalculatedRule__c;   

insert sharingRule;

The code is crashing in the 5th line:  sharingRule.RowCause = ...

The user has read, edit and write permission for that object and all the classes involved are at least version 27.0. If I comment the line were RowCause is assigned everything works flawlessly.

My only guess is that there is some kind of restriction for RowCause with the new license Salesforce platform. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, 

I have a small development in Apex that is creating some apex managed sharing rules, to give certain users access to records they don't own. So far I only needed to give the users either "Read" or "Edit" permissions. So all worked ok.

However, now I need to grant users delete permissions for records they don't own. Without touching profile nor org-wide default settings. This would mean creating the apex managed sharing rules with accessLevel = 'All'.

I looked into the documentation, it seems to say that it's not possible to do that. (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_bulk_sharing_understanding.htm)

Does anybody know a workaround to give the user delete permissions for records they don't own using apex managed sharing?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am creating the Sharing rules for several Objects via apex code, until recently our development has worked wihtout any issues but we recently updated some of the users to use the 

Salesforce Platform license (previously they had Saleforce license)

I have seen that the field SOBject__Share.RowCause can't be updated (as explains perfectly this post: http://www.tgerm.com/2012/01/field-is-not-writeable-sharerowcause.html) but, this can't be the issue because the sharing rules is being created at that moment (plus previously was working without problem).

Here you can see the code piece where the sharing rules is created:

Flight_Leg__Share sharingRule = newFlight_Leg__Share();
sharingRule.parentId = fleg.Id;
sharingRule.UserOrGroupId = sharingGroupId;
sharingRule.accessLevel = accessLevel;
sharingRule.RowCause = Schema.Flight_Leg__Share.RowCause.AutoCalculatedRule__c;   

insert sharingRule;

The code is crashing in the 5th line:  sharingRule.RowCause = ...

The user has read, edit and write permission for that object and all the classes involved are at least version 27.0. If I comment the line were RowCause is assigned everything works flawlessly.

My only guess is that there is some kind of restriction for RowCause with the new license Salesforce platform. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance!