• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

(Note: I am not talking about changing the view itself, but the URI that is shown in the webview)

Hi,

When the user opens the iOS app, we want to handle ourselves the oAuth flow. We want to open the UIWebview, direct the user to our own backend, which will do a redirection with the SF oAuth and handle the responses our way.

Is it supported to do something like:

SFOAuthCredentials *creds = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].credentials;

creds.identityUrl    = [NSURL URLWithString:@"https://login.salesforce.com/id/00Dc0000000KRZPEA4/005u0000000iOa1AeE"];
    creds.accessToken    = @"00Db0000000KRZP!ASAAQFhhTqaZlmehuUwpvSAYpC.wZDvCKTc1sEGErpglNqW9MCvMIPNRHIuHvCp8zlasPBhdodenRi1QAbI2m6ueEDsxX5md";
    creds.refreshToken   = @"5Aep861rSrJOsYD8snR04Dhmvr79hrip9qTsozctzwwh9ZTergft.m07BbyfXRhz6E.mCF9T9F.RKcHH1Ti.Vh6";
    creds.instanceUrl    = [NSURL URLWithString:@"https://eu2.salesforce.com"];
    creds.issuedAt       = [[NSDate alloc] initWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:0];

[[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager] loginWithCompletion:... failure:...];

The tokens are sent by our own backend, then we to the login part.

Is that ok?

Thanks

• September 09, 2013

We are developing applications that will be available on different platforms. 

We want to have only one Connected App for every platform. (Pass the oAuth authorization step only once for all, etc...)

Our problem is that depending on the platform, the oAuth callback URI will be different (http://... for the Javascript part, a custom protocol for the iOS native app). The Connected App page only allows to input one callback URI.

How can we have multiple callback URIs depending on the platform, but still keep only one client id, secret, etc... ?

Thanks

• September 09, 2013
I am trying to use the metadata webservice API in order to determine which columns are on List Views and Search Layouts for a custom or out of box object. However, the response I get from the web service has the column names in an unusual format like this,

<listViews>
	<fullName>crmc_grid__AllContacts</fullName>
	<columns>ACCOUNT.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.FIRST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.LAST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_STATE</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_COUNTRY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.REPORTS_TO.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS1_CITY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.EMAIL</columns>
	<columns>crmc_grid__Level__c</columns>
	<filterScope>Everything</filterScope>
	<label>All Contacts</label>
</listViews>
My question is how can I then use these a-typical column names to reliably and generically detect which SOQL fields are being displayed? In most cases it seems like removing the hyphens would translate to the SOQL schema name, however there is no Address1 or Address2 fields on the Contact table and they correspond to the Mailing and the Other address instead. Is there some other API for mapping these field names to field metadata or schema names? If this can't be done then what usefulness is there to the ListView metadata?

Thanks,
Bailey

(Note: I am not talking about changing the view itself, but the URI that is shown in the webview)

Hi,

When the user opens the iOS app, we want to handle ourselves the oAuth flow. We want to open the UIWebview, direct the user to our own backend, which will do a redirection with the SF oAuth and handle the responses our way.

Is it supported to do something like:

SFOAuthCredentials *creds = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].credentials;

creds.identityUrl    = [NSURL URLWithString:@"https://login.salesforce.com/id/00Dc0000000KRZPEA4/005u0000000iOa1AeE"];
    creds.accessToken    = @"00Db0000000KRZP!ASAAQFhhTqaZlmehuUwpvSAYpC.wZDvCKTc1sEGErpglNqW9MCvMIPNRHIuHvCp8zlasPBhdodenRi1QAbI2m6ueEDsxX5md";
    creds.refreshToken   = @"5Aep861rSrJOsYD8snR04Dhmvr79hrip9qTsozctzwwh9ZTergft.m07BbyfXRhz6E.mCF9T9F.RKcHH1Ti.Vh6";
    creds.instanceUrl    = [NSURL URLWithString:@"https://eu2.salesforce.com"];
    creds.issuedAt       = [[NSDate alloc] initWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:0];

[[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager] loginWithCompletion:... failure:...];

The tokens are sent by our own backend, then we to the login part.

Is that ok?

Thanks

• September 09, 2013
I am trying to use the metadata webservice API in order to determine which columns are on List Views and Search Layouts for a custom or out of box object. However, the response I get from the web service has the column names in an unusual format like this,

<listViews>
	<fullName>crmc_grid__AllContacts</fullName>
	<columns>ACCOUNT.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.FIRST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.LAST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_STATE</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_COUNTRY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.REPORTS_TO.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS1_CITY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.EMAIL</columns>
	<columns>crmc_grid__Level__c</columns>
	<filterScope>Everything</filterScope>
	<label>All Contacts</label>
</listViews>
My question is how can I then use these a-typical column names to reliably and generically detect which SOQL fields are being displayed? In most cases it seems like removing the hyphens would translate to the SOQL schema name, however there is no Address1 or Address2 fields on the Contact table and they correspond to the Mailing and the Other address instead. Is there some other API for mapping these field names to field metadata or schema names? If this can't be done then what usefulness is there to the ListView metadata?

Thanks,
Bailey