• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm currently building a package which includes a visualforce page with dynamic custom labels generated by apex:

<apex:column headerValue="{!$Label[dynamicLabel]}" value="VALUE"/>

This works great but if I want to release the package to other orgs the custom labels won't be attached to the package. Now I'm struggling because I really need the dynamic custom labels in may other org. Is there a way to attach the labels manually to the package? I also tried to create the labels manually in my other org but they won't be accessible because of the different namespace.

Any solutions?

Regards

Manu

Is there a way to share custom settings (organization defaults) across multiple organizations/subscribers?

I want to develop a managed package which defines some default settings as organization default. The subscriber should be able to access these setting values and/or modify them or at least set other hierarchical settings for profile or user which overrides the organization defaults.

Regards,

Manu

Hi all,

I want to setup a global scenario in force.com which has to be very dynamic.

Question 1:

I have different locations like Europe and USA which use the same base salesforce package. Now I have customized some custom objects. For example in Europe I added a number in addition to an object. Now I want to create a flow which fits all locations. Therefore I want to create a screen which shows all fields from one custom objects to the user and after that he should be able to type in all the necessary fields and to save it. I'm kind of new to the flow topic but my first impression is that everything is very static. I can add a form with defined fields but how to provide a dynamic form with all fields from a custom object?

Question 2:

Is there a way to extend a flow with an additional package like it is already doable with custom objects? I want to release a basic flow in a package and install it on different locations. After that I want to add another step in the workflow but still having the complete flow updateable.

Regards,

Manu

I'm currently building a package which includes a visualforce page with dynamic custom labels generated by apex:

<apex:column headerValue="{!$Label[dynamicLabel]}" value="VALUE"/>

This works great but if I want to release the package to other orgs the custom labels won't be attached to the package. Now I'm struggling because I really need the dynamic custom labels in may other org. Is there a way to attach the labels manually to the package? I also tried to create the labels manually in my other org but they won't be accessible because of the different namespace.

Any solutions?

Regards

Manu

Is there a way to share custom settings (organization defaults) across multiple organizations/subscribers?

I want to develop a managed package which defines some default settings as organization default. The subscriber should be able to access these setting values and/or modify them or at least set other hierarchical settings for profile or user which overrides the organization defaults.

Regards,

Manu

Does anyone know of any way for a developer to provide a managed visualforce page inside a managed package that customers can override with their own visualforce page layout and/or controller logic? The use case is we have an out of the box visualforce page in our managed package that users want to customize to add their own custom fields the as well as add some logic to the page that pre-populates some of the fields when it is loaded based on some logic. While this could easily be done with s-controls or unmanaged code, is there a way to do this using managed code?
  • May 14, 2010