• 30 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The business don’t want to add another related list, they want a linkable field the user can click to view the child record tied to the parent record. 
Hi, 

We currently have a javascript on a custom link that do this, but once the winter 16 release will be implemented that will soon restrict this approach,i would like to ask for suggestions to keep our custom functionality.

Thanks,
ZP
Hi,

our approval process when creating an account record is working fine until we apply the duplicate mgmt tool using the save(ignorealert) option, we're receiving the "internal server error". do we need to modify our approval logic or  reconfigure the setup placed in dupli mgmt tool?
appreciated your help..
public void genRequest(Account accsub){
        Map<Id, Integer> submitCounter = new Map<Id, Integer>();
        Integer count = 0;
        try{
                Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
                req1.setComments('Submitting request for approval.');
                req1.setObjectId(accsub.id);
                Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req1); 
                System.assert(result.isSuccess());        
                System.Debug('IN APPROVAL' + accsub.id);
                System.debug('Submitted for approval successfully: '+result.isSuccess());

}
        Catch(Exception e) {    
            System.debug(e);                   
        }
    }
Save(Ignore Alert)

Thanks,

Hi, 

We currently have javascripts within a  home page component:

- 1) Is to inject a javascript on a lookup field to override calling of standard search window  and replace it with a vf page to widen the search functionality. (im trying to explore on the enhanced lookup as a replacement but i can only search through id and name columns. no luck so far)

- 2) injected a javascript for hiding a field while on edit mode.

Before i explore on the Visualforce area (a new type of custom component), i would like to ask if there are ways to apply our current
funtionality. really need your help..

Thanks,
Hi,

We currently had a lead lookup field to our custom object. the problem is, when viewing the record, the field displayed concatenated lead name and its account name.
is that a standard display or is there a way to remove the account name in lookup?

Thanks in advance,

ZP
Good Day,

What im trying to do is to identify the matched records and provide a new column that will serve as a tag which record has the most populated values.
Here is sample records
---------------------------------------------------------------
Id,   Name            Field1      Field2     Field3      Field4
xxx1  TestName1       aaaaaa                             cccccc
xxx2  TestName1                   bbbbbb
xxx3  TestName1       xxxxxx                 yyyyyy   
xxx4  TestName1       test        test       test

is it possible that once i collected the fields using getdescribe, i'll be able use this when looping records?

thanks in advance!,
mj

Good day!

I would like to ask if there are any tools or techniques that i can use for comparing profile's 

field level security to all objects. or there's no available option but to compare it manually..

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi,

just encountered an error: Permission Override Forecasts depends on permission(s): Read Opportunities.

im only just going to edit the profile name, do i need to meddle with the configuration of the profile? :(

Thanks in advance,

hi,

an example scenario is, i have a validation rule for object#1. now i had a trigger for object#2 that also updates the object#1

Is there a way to skip the validation rules of object#1(by not relying in modifying triggers) if the update is caused by the object#2?

thanks in advance,

Hi,

our approval process when creating an account record is working fine until we apply the duplicate mgmt tool using the save(ignorealert) option, we're receiving the "internal server error". do we need to modify our approval logic or  reconfigure the setup placed in dupli mgmt tool?
appreciated your help..
public void genRequest(Account accsub){
        Map<Id, Integer> submitCounter = new Map<Id, Integer>();
        Integer count = 0;
        try{
                Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
                req1.setComments('Submitting request for approval.');
                req1.setObjectId(accsub.id);
                Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req1); 
                System.assert(result.isSuccess());        
                System.Debug('IN APPROVAL' + accsub.id);
                System.debug('Submitted for approval successfully: '+result.isSuccess());

}
        Catch(Exception e) {    
            System.debug(e);                   
        }
    }
Save(Ignore Alert)

Thanks,

Hi, 

We currently have javascripts within a  home page component:

- 1) Is to inject a javascript on a lookup field to override calling of standard search window  and replace it with a vf page to widen the search functionality. (im trying to explore on the enhanced lookup as a replacement but i can only search through id and name columns. no luck so far)

- 2) injected a javascript for hiding a field while on edit mode.

Before i explore on the Visualforce area (a new type of custom component), i would like to ask if there are ways to apply our current
funtionality. really need your help..

Thanks,
Hi,

We currently had a lead lookup field to our custom object. the problem is, when viewing the record, the field displayed concatenated lead name and its account name.
is that a standard display or is there a way to remove the account name in lookup?

Thanks in advance,

ZP
Good Day,

What im trying to do is to identify the matched records and provide a new column that will serve as a tag which record has the most populated values.
Here is sample records
---------------------------------------------------------------
Id,   Name            Field1      Field2     Field3      Field4
xxx1  TestName1       aaaaaa                             cccccc
xxx2  TestName1                   bbbbbb
xxx3  TestName1       xxxxxx                 yyyyyy   
xxx4  TestName1       test        test       test

is it possible that once i collected the fields using getdescribe, i'll be able use this when looping records?

thanks in advance!,
mj

Good day!

I would like to ask if there are any tools or techniques that i can use for comparing profile's 

field level security to all objects. or there's no available option but to compare it manually..

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi,

just encountered an error: Permission Override Forecasts depends on permission(s): Read Opportunities.

im only just going to edit the profile name, do i need to meddle with the configuration of the profile? :(

Thanks in advance,

hi,

an example scenario is, i have a validation rule for object#1. now i had a trigger for object#2 that also updates the object#1

Is there a way to skip the validation rules of object#1(by not relying in modifying triggers) if the update is caused by the object#2?

thanks in advance,