• 35 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are looking for a solution to create cases from emails. Salesforce has different solutions available:
  • Email-to-case
  • Email-to-case On Demand
  • Email Relay

Email Relay
Currently not possible due to the company's policy. Office 365 is currently not supported by Salesforce OOTB due the SMTP authentication needed.

Email-to-case On Demand
Email traffic must be kept inside the company's firewall. So this is not allowed. Also the limit on the attachment size of 25 Mb will provide a problem.

Email-to-Case
Has lots op opportunities: can handle emails with attachments larger then 25 Mb, can archive emails, can handle errors, email traffic stays within the company's firewall. However, you can only convert 2500 emails to cases per day. Which is a low number.

Question
Any other suggestions? To what number can we extend the email-to-case limit higher then 2500? And why do we have that limit if the agent is just making an API call?
  • January 20, 2016
Hi all,

Whilst trying to deploy a huge list of reports, I came across the following error: Invalid Row Breack Context in a couple of reports. Anyone any idea what this means?
There is no row or column description available, just this error and that's it.

When I open the XML metadata, all the format is fine. No additional line breaks or whatever. 

Help is welcome,

Thanks!
Robin 
  • October 10, 2014
Hi All,

DId not find a similar question in the past so here it goes:
We have created a custom clone functionality. What this does is clone the record, empty some fields, update the parents, and then inserts the record in the database. Afterwards the page is redirected to the edit page of the record.

However, the standard Salesforce Edit detail record page has a cancel button. This cancel button just directs to the ?retURL paramters. So it will go back the to detail view. 

Because we performed the clone and we needed to insert this cloned record into the DB before redirecting to the Edit page, the record will not be 'cancelled' in the way of cancellation the entire clone. So the record must be deleted again.

Is there a way to capture the Cancel event? Or to redirect the page to the edit detail view of the record without inserting it into the DB? So then the user can still Click on Save and we have the requisted functionality. 

Thanks,
Robin 
  • September 11, 2014
Hi All,

We currently have a strange situation going on: when we try to deploy Profiles to, whichever, Sandbox, we receive an error saying: Invalid Parameter Value.
I know from the known issues lists that if your profile has a permission related to "View All Data", then this error message appears.

On the profiles (all of them currently) none has this permission or CRUD permission assigned. What the strange part is that we can deploy from Sandbox to Production. But we can't deploy from:
- Sandbox to sandbox
- Production to Sandbox

Anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks,
Robin
  • August 26, 2014
Hi all,

I've tried the Salesforce Outlook on our Office 365 together with Outlook 2013. However, I cannot seem to get it to work. When I start Outlook or Salesforce for Outlook application, I can see the .exe file running in the processes tab. But after a couple of seconds, it just shuts down without any error.

All the requirements have been met as in the following link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=outlookcrm_sys_req.htm&language=en
.NET is installed, VS Tools for Office Runtime is installed, IE v11, ....

In Outlook, I can see the button 'Show/Hide Salesforce panel' but nothing is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • August 22, 2014
Hi All,

We have a custom approval which is being carried by an Apex Class defening the logic behind it. The Apex Class gets the next approver based on certain Matrices in the system.

Now we would like to put in some validation when you click on the button. This button is a detail page button. Normally it just references a VF page. The VF page has an extension, calling the above class and firing a method.

The constructor of this Apex Class uses the ApexPages.StandardController method to get the current record from where the button was called. So without the need of creating separate query to get all the values of the fields referenced in the code.

So now we want to add the validation on the button using simple Javascript. The validation works, however, the Javascript will open up the location of the VF page. The VF page will call the method referenced in it's action. However, because of the Javascript, the ApexPages.StandardController references a null record.

Any ideas how we can get this done?

Following is the simple example of how the Javascript could look like:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/24.0/connection.js")}

var result = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Id, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE Id = '{!Contract_Approval__c.OpportunityId__c}' LIMIT 1");

records = result.getArray("records");

for(var i=0;i<records.length;i++) {
var record = records[i];

if(record.StageName == 'Not Won') {
window.location = '/apex/ApprovalButtonPage';
} else {
alert("Some Error Message.");
}
}

The VF page could look like this:

<apex:page standardController="Contract_Approval__c" extensions="ApprovalButtonController" action="{!submitApprovalProcess}">
    <apex:pageMessages />
</apex:page>
The Apex Class coud look like this:
public class ApprovalButtonController {
private final Contract_Approval__c conapp;

public ApprovalButtonController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
this.conapp = (Contract_Approval__c) controller.getRecord();
}

public PageReference submitApprovalProcess() {
// Logic
// Logic
}
}

How can I now make sure I can use the StandardController method via my Javascript validation?

Thanks!
Robin

Hi All,

We would like to leverage the ease of use of Email Template's. This will allow a local administrator to easily generate the format they need for certain templates. However we have Merge Fields in there which are refering Looks Ups, Parent-Child relationships, ... of custom object.

An Apex controller has been written which will replace all merge fields in the email template with their data exuivalent. This is all working fine, but what happens now is that the letterhead of the email template is completely removed. Additionally, extra text is available (CDATA) in the form of ']]>', ... 

So what I actually do is I get the email template. Get it's html body, and do string search/replace on the merge fields. That html string is then pushed into the Messaging.SingleEmailMessage class and will then be send. Unfortunately with the wrong result.

Now I read that this CDATA text I'm seeing is actually where Salesforce merges the html content of the email template with the letterhead. Right before sending the email.

How can I overcome this issue? How can I get my letterhead? 

Kind Regards,
Robin 

Hi All,

Since yesterday, we are receiving a strange error whilst deploying Change Sets. 

Following error appears:

API Name                                                                                                           Type                          Line          Column           Problem

Account.nf_01I20000000cW3oEAE_00N11000000GMQhEAO        Named Filter              121                  19               Lookup already has filter

Strange story here because I've been using and cloning the Change Set, where as this Lookup filter it's referring too, already exists a while on the Destination Org. Since the last 2 packages, we've been receiving this issue. The first 2 times, we could solve it by removing the filter or the field on the destination org. But we've this doesn't work anymore. Removing the field and then trying to Deploy & Validate keeps providing this error.

What is even more strange, If I look to the Metadata of the Account object, I can't find back the exact API name of the Named filter. The second part (after the _ ), the Id/Numbers are always different. 

Any idea what might cuase this issue or how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

R

• November 28, 2013

Hi All,

Just want to share my concerns with the Developer Console. 

Yesterday I was working on some Classes and Triggers but I needed to start coding 3 times (I know right?).

When I was working and writing code, I continuously saved the code and performed some testing. All seemed to be fine until on one moment, the code I had written an hour before, disappeared. Reopening the console, looking in Eclipse, checking on the Admin Menu, nothing. Developments just disappeared. 

This happened to me 3 times!!!! Luckily I started to save my code using Eclipse and Subversion. But nevertheless, quiet annoying and not motivating in using this tool.

Any ideas what could be the problem or just a general issue?

For your information: was using latest version of Chrome/FireFox (both same problem). Internet connection was up.

Kind Regards,

R

• October 30, 2013

Hi All,

I have the current situation in which we are using Territory Management:

Account has different record types. For instance Record Type A en Record Type B.

Both Record Types contain completely different type of data. But Record Type B always has a Parent of Record Type A. 

Both Record Types can contain different Territories. 

Now what we want is to run a job once a day, to find Account Records of type B, which have a change in their territories. Based on this list we would like to add the territories from record using REcord Type B to his Parent record using Record Type A. 

Now I know that Account and Territories, must be queried over AccountShare --> Group --> Territory. 

How can we best approach this? How can we foresee the SOQL Limit issues?

KR,

R

• October 16, 2013

Hi All,

When using SOQL to retrieve an sObject of type Report, is it also possible to, on some way, retrieve the data source of the report?

I have for the moment a Select List containing a list of all my reports, but I want to filter the Select List to show only reports using a data source of Contacts or Leads.

Any ideas?

KR,

R

• October 10, 2013

Hi All,

Is it possible to generate a non-breaking space (hard space) for a particular field in a CSV? 

A CSV loses it's format, so I would like to know if there is a way to add such a hard space. 

For instance: the Account object has a field Description. On Salesforce, you can generate hard spaces in this field. 

How can you generate such a hard space in a CSV? Using a \n or CHAR(13) or so? And how will this look in a CSV field?

Kind Regards,

R

• October 10, 2013
Hi All,

We have created a custom clone functionality. What this does is clone the record, empty some fields, update the parents, and then inserts the record in the database. Afterwards the page is redirected to the edit page of the record.

However, the standard Salesforce Edit detail record page has a cancel button. This cancel button just directs to the ?retURL paramters. So it will go back the to detail view. 

Because we performed the clone and we needed to insert this cloned record into the DB before redirecting to the Edit page, the record will not be 'cancelled' in the way of cancellation the entire clone. So the record must be deleted again.

Is there a way to capture the Cancel event? Or to redirect the page to the edit detail view of the record without inserting it into the DB? So then the user can still Click on Save and we have the requisted functionality. 

Thanks,
Robin 
  • September 11, 2014
We are looking for a solution to create cases from emails. Salesforce has different solutions available:
  • Email-to-case
  • Email-to-case On Demand
  • Email Relay

Email Relay
Currently not possible due to the company's policy. Office 365 is currently not supported by Salesforce OOTB due the SMTP authentication needed.

Email-to-case On Demand
Email traffic must be kept inside the company's firewall. So this is not allowed. Also the limit on the attachment size of 25 Mb will provide a problem.

Email-to-Case
Has lots op opportunities: can handle emails with attachments larger then 25 Mb, can archive emails, can handle errors, email traffic stays within the company's firewall. However, you can only convert 2500 emails to cases per day. Which is a low number.

Question
Any other suggestions? To what number can we extend the email-to-case limit higher then 2500? And why do we have that limit if the agent is just making an API call?
  • January 20, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks,
Robin 
  • September 11, 2014
Hi All,

We currently have a strange situation going on: when we try to deploy Profiles to, whichever, Sandbox, we receive an error saying: Invalid Parameter Value.
I know from the known issues lists that if your profile has a permission related to "View All Data", then this error message appears.

On the profiles (all of them currently) none has this permission or CRUD permission assigned. What the strange part is that we can deploy from Sandbox to Production. But we can't deploy from:
- Sandbox to sandbox
- Production to Sandbox

Anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks,
Robin
  • August 26, 2014
Hi all,

I've tried the Salesforce Outlook on our Office 365 together with Outlook 2013. However, I cannot seem to get it to work. When I start Outlook or Salesforce for Outlook application, I can see the .exe file running in the processes tab. But after a couple of seconds, it just shuts down without any error.

All the requirements have been met as in the following link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=outlookcrm_sys_req.htm&language=en
.NET is installed, VS Tools for Office Runtime is installed, IE v11, ....

In Outlook, I can see the button 'Show/Hide Salesforce panel' but nothing is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • August 22, 2014
Hi All,

We have a custom approval which is being carried by an Apex Class defening the logic behind it. The Apex Class gets the next approver based on certain Matrices in the system.

Now we would like to put in some validation when you click on the button. This button is a detail page button. Normally it just references a VF page. The VF page has an extension, calling the above class and firing a method.

The constructor of this Apex Class uses the ApexPages.StandardController method to get the current record from where the button was called. So without the need of creating separate query to get all the values of the fields referenced in the code.

So now we want to add the validation on the button using simple Javascript. The validation works, however, the Javascript will open up the location of the VF page. The VF page will call the method referenced in it's action. However, because of the Javascript, the ApexPages.StandardController references a null record.

Any ideas how we can get this done?

Following is the simple example of how the Javascript could look like:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/24.0/connection.js")}

var result = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Id, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE Id = '{!Contract_Approval__c.OpportunityId__c}' LIMIT 1");

records = result.getArray("records");

for(var i=0;i<records.length;i++) {
var record = records[i];

if(record.StageName == 'Not Won') {
window.location = '/apex/ApprovalButtonPage';
} else {
alert("Some Error Message.");
}
}

The VF page could look like this:

<apex:page standardController="Contract_Approval__c" extensions="ApprovalButtonController" action="{!submitApprovalProcess}">
    <apex:pageMessages />
</apex:page>
The Apex Class coud look like this:
public class ApprovalButtonController {
private final Contract_Approval__c conapp;

public ApprovalButtonController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
this.conapp = (Contract_Approval__c) controller.getRecord();
}

public PageReference submitApprovalProcess() {
// Logic
// Logic
}
}

How can I now make sure I can use the StandardController method via my Javascript validation?

Thanks!
Robin

Hi All,

Since yesterday, we are receiving a strange error whilst deploying Change Sets. 

Following error appears:

API Name                                                                                                           Type                          Line          Column           Problem

Account.nf_01I20000000cW3oEAE_00N11000000GMQhEAO        Named Filter              121                  19               Lookup already has filter

Strange story here because I've been using and cloning the Change Set, where as this Lookup filter it's referring too, already exists a while on the Destination Org. Since the last 2 packages, we've been receiving this issue. The first 2 times, we could solve it by removing the filter or the field on the destination org. But we've this doesn't work anymore. Removing the field and then trying to Deploy & Validate keeps providing this error.

What is even more strange, If I look to the Metadata of the Account object, I can't find back the exact API name of the Named filter. The second part (after the _ ), the Id/Numbers are always different. 

Any idea what might cuase this issue or how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

R

• November 28, 2013

Hi All,

Just want to share my concerns with the Developer Console. 

Yesterday I was working on some Classes and Triggers but I needed to start coding 3 times (I know right?).

When I was working and writing code, I continuously saved the code and performed some testing. All seemed to be fine until on one moment, the code I had written an hour before, disappeared. Reopening the console, looking in Eclipse, checking on the Admin Menu, nothing. Developments just disappeared. 

This happened to me 3 times!!!! Luckily I started to save my code using Eclipse and Subversion. But nevertheless, quiet annoying and not motivating in using this tool.

Any ideas what could be the problem or just a general issue?

For your information: was using latest version of Chrome/FireFox (both same problem). Internet connection was up.

Kind Regards,

R

• October 30, 2013

Hi All,

Is it possible to generate a non-breaking space (hard space) for a particular field in a CSV? 

A CSV loses it's format, so I would like to know if there is a way to add such a hard space. 

For instance: the Account object has a field Description. On Salesforce, you can generate hard spaces in this field. 

How can you generate such a hard space in a CSV? Using a \n or CHAR(13) or so? And how will this look in a CSV field?

Kind Regards,

R

• October 10, 2013