• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I logged into chatter app using my credential. When I tried to open another user's feeds using following REST API

/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/news/005i0000001lc4X/feed-items

where  005i0000001lc4X is that user's Id, I got error message saying:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:31:38 GMT Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8 Transfer-Encoding: chunked
[ { "message" : "You do not have permission to execute that operation.", "errorCode" : "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS" } ]

Any idea why? Because I am following this user, I should be able to view his news feeds, right?

Thanks in advance!

I am using FeedItem to query my Chatter feeds. Some feeds have images attached. I can get the ContentData and ContentFileName back, but how can I display them?

I tried to append the ?oauth_token to the ContentData, also add the instanceUrl to the ContentData, but the images do not show up on my feed display page. 

I am using forcetkClient.query method to get the FeedItem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

How can I get User's photo URL and feeditem together in one SOQL statement?

Thanks!

can I post to a Collobration Group (chatter group) using the create() method?

using FeedItem's create method, I can post a message. If I want to post to a group, I guess I have to use groupId as parentID? I can't seem to find out the CollaborationGroupId from the CollaborationGroup object.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am using forcetk.mobilesdk.js to develop a chatter app.

Tried to get group using following method:

$j('#link_fetch_sfdc_group').click(function() {
logToConsole("link_fetch_sfdc_group clicked");
forcetkClient.query("select Name, Type, OwnerId from Group", onSuccessSfdcGroup, onErrorSfdc);
});

I can't the group created by me. I got 37 groups returned, but none of them are my groups. And all of them have empty "Name" attribute. What have I done wrong? How can I retrieve groups I belong to?

thanks!

I logged into chatter app using my credential. When I tried to open another user's feeds using following REST API

/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/news/005i0000001lc4X/feed-items

where  005i0000001lc4X is that user's Id, I got error message saying:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:31:38 GMT Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8 Transfer-Encoding: chunked
[ { "message" : "You do not have permission to execute that operation.", "errorCode" : "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS" } ]

Any idea why? Because I am following this user, I should be able to view his news feeds, right?

Thanks in advance!

I am using FeedItem to query my Chatter feeds. Some feeds have images attached. I can get the ContentData and ContentFileName back, but how can I display them?

I tried to append the ?oauth_token to the ContentData, also add the instanceUrl to the ContentData, but the images do not show up on my feed display page. 

I am using forcetkClient.query method to get the FeedItem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

can I post to a Collobration Group (chatter group) using the create() method?

using FeedItem's create method, I can post a message. If I want to post to a group, I guess I have to use groupId as parentID? I can't seem to find out the CollaborationGroupId from the CollaborationGroup object.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am using forcetk.mobilesdk.js to develop a chatter app.

Tried to get group using following method:

$j('#link_fetch_sfdc_group').click(function() {
logToConsole("link_fetch_sfdc_group clicked");
forcetkClient.query("select Name, Type, OwnerId from Group", onSuccessSfdcGroup, onErrorSfdc);
});

I can't the group created by me. I got 37 groups returned, but none of them are my groups. And all of them have empty "Name" attribute. What have I done wrong? How can I retrieve groups I belong to?

thanks!