• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have a requirement on Knowledge base app, where I need to create custom template for an article. Currently standard template is used in displaying article information without any issues (uploaded pdf file appears on page).

So, which component do I need to use in defining file data type control to display uploaded pdf file in custom visual force page. I tried to use apex:outputlink but, it throws invalid field error.

Thanks in advance for figuring out the requirement.
  • March 06, 2014

Hello All,

Observed mentioned any website URL in iframe parameters is not displayed in chrome browser. But, this works well in IE browser prompting with 'View all content' message.

Help me out in understanding.

Thanks in Advance.

• November 13, 2013

Hello All,

Today I have observed that contact record get deleted whenever related account is deleted. Can anyone tell me how this is taken place on standard relationship. As we are allowed to select additional option in creating custom lookup relation field(http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Summer12/lookup+relationship+enhancements). 

Thanks is Advance.

• November 11, 2013
Challenge - Create a form to enter new items and display the list of items entered. To make our camping list look more appealing, change the campingHeader component to use the SLDS. Similar to the unit, style the Camping List H1 inside the slds-page-header. Modify the campingList component to contain an input form and an iteration of campingListItem components for displaying the items entered.
The component requires an attribute named items with the type of an array of camping item custom objects.
The component requires an attribute named newItem of type Camping_Item__c with default quantity and price values of 0.
The component displays the Name, Quantity, Price, and Packed form fields with the appropriate input component types and values from the newItem attribute.
The JavaScript controller checks to ensure that the Name, Quantity and Price values submitted are not null.
If the form is valid, the JavaScript controller pushes the newItem onto the array of existing items, triggers the notification that the items value provider has changed, and resets the newItem value provider with a blank sObjectType of Camping_Item__c.

My answer - 
<aura:component >
<aura:attribute name="items" type="Camping_Item__c[]"/>
<aura:attribute name="newitem" type="Camping_Item__c[]"  default="{ 'sobjectType': 'Camping_Item__c',
                   'Quantity__c'=0, 'Price__c'=0}"/>
 <p>Name:
        <ui:inputText value="{!v.newitem.name}"/>
    </p>    
  <p>Packed:
        <ui:inputCheckbox value="{!v.newitem.Packed__c}"/>

</p>    
  <p>Price:
        <ui:inputCurrency value="{!v.newitem.Price__c}"/>
    </p>
    <p>Quantity:
        <ui:inputNumber value="{!v.newitem.Quantity__c}"/>
    </p>
</aura:component>

Error -

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The campingList component isn't iterating the array of 'items' and creating 'campingListItem' components.

Please share the correct solution.
HI ,I am doing a trailhead on salesforce Lighting this is my code 

<aura:component >
    <aura:attribute name="item"  type="Camping_Item__c"  /> <!-- required="true" type="String"  -->
    <p> The Item is <ui:outputText value ="{!v.item}"></ui:outputText></p>
    <p>Name:
        <ui:outputText value="{!v.item.name}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Quantity:
        <ui:outputNumber value="{!v.item.Quantity__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Price:
        <ui:outputCurrency value="{!v.item.Price__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Packed?:
        <ui:outputCheckbox value="{!v.item.Packed__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p><ui:button label="Packed!" press="{!c.packItem}"></ui:button>
    </p>
</aura:component>

Now Its required of me to :
Add a button to the campingListItem component that when clicked, marks the item as packed.
1.Add a button labeled "Packed!" that calls the packItem controller function when clicked.
2.The controller action marks the item attribute as packed and disables the button.

I have done with the first point
I'm struggling with the second point.

the controller code looks something like this (which currently isnt working)

({
    packItem : function(component, event, helper) {
        var btn= event.getSource();
        var BtnMessage =btn.get("v.label");  
        component.set("v.item","Packed");          
        btn.disabled=false;
    }
})

each time I have failing the trailhead because of this error message
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The campingListItem JavaScript controller isn't setting the 'Packed' value correctly.

Hi,

Pls let me know, How to pass a Date value as an argument to a method.  I am refering the following method in a test class. I tried the following ways. but it showing an error.
@isTest static void check1(){
      Date chk1 = verifyDate.CheckDates('2015-03-08','2015-02-20');
    System.assertEquals('2015-02-20', chk1); }
@isTest static void check1(){
      Date chk1 = verifyDate.CheckDates(2015-03-08,2015-02-20);
    System.assertEquals(2015-02-20, chk1); }

Hi All,

I have a requirement on Knowledge base app, where I need to create custom template for an article. Currently standard template is used in displaying article information without any issues (uploaded pdf file appears on page).

So, which component do I need to use in defining file data type control to display uploaded pdf file in custom visual force page. I tried to use apex:outputlink but, it throws invalid field error.

Thanks in advance for figuring out the requirement.
  • March 06, 2014

Hi,

We need to display Editable Fields in Approval Page Layout along with readonly fields as part of our requirement in the Approval Process. Please let me know how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

Hi friends,

My query..is it possible to give multiple comment lines at the time that means if i select more then 10 lines i need to  give comment line at the sametime without  this option /*--comment lines--*/

Regards,

kathir

I have created a seperate page layout for objects. Only The records of this page layout should be visible to specific profile users only. How can we do this?. and can we give access  to this records via Role Hierarchy and sharing rules? if so please help me out.

• November 21, 2013

Hi all! I'm working on a wizard that consists of 4 pages sharing the same controller. Unfortunately, development mode footer disapears on page 3 and I can't check the view state. Are there any other ways to get it? Or does anyone know why it disappears?

Hello All,

Today I have observed that contact record get deleted whenever related account is deleted. Can anyone tell me how this is taken place on standard relationship. As we are allowed to select additional option in creating custom lookup relation field(http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Summer12/lookup+relationship+enhancements). 

Thanks is Advance.

• November 11, 2013

Hi. Any idea why this field wouldn't display? Thanks.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false">

<td align="center" colspan="1" height="112" rowspan="1" width="250"> {!Contact.prof_sum__c}