• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi App, 

I have an app which uses custom Apps. Now the issue is I donot want to depend on developers to create those custom app and have secret key and consumer key generated by them, I am want to have control over the creation of those key and my developer should not be aware of those keys any way, Is that possible ?
Hi All, 

I had developed a App which contains a Canvas App with Custom tab and custom settings object. 
The whole package is managed as unmanaged is not supported for connected App.  

So the customer has 10 tabs and 10 custom objects. 

What licensing implecation it may on the consumer with respect to the limit for custom tab and custom objects if  

- Managed Package is not published on appexchange ?
 - Managed Package is published on appexchange as free App ?
 - Managed Package is published on appexchange as paid App ?

- Will the custom tab and custom objects of my app eats into the consuming orgs limit ?

Is there any Rest API support for the chatter thanks badge?  Also Can you tell me how to post a badge using Apex code ?
Hi All. 

I am trying to post a chatter feed using 

METHOD: POST
URL: https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/chatter/feeds/record/XXXXXXX/feed-items 
HEADER:  Authorization  OAuth   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

POST DATA:
{ "body" :
   {
      "messageSegments" : [
         {
           "type": "Text",
           "text" : "Check out the latest building proposal"
         }
      ]
    }
}

but it returned  

[{"message":"No attachment found and body is empty. Provide a non-empty 'text' parameter, or a rich input including non-empty message segments. If providing rich JSON/XML input in REST, make sure to include Content-Type header. In multipart REST, include the Content-Type in the part.","errorCode":"MISSING_ARGUMENT"}]

but when I changed the URL to 

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/chatter/feeds/record/XXXXXXX/feed-items?text=SomeTest

then it gets posted but text posted is queryparameter not from post data. 

Hi All, 

How can we display external image in chatter post?

Regards

Hi , 

Is there any way to change the default loading message of apex:canvasApp?  by default it shows " Loading [App Name]..", I want to change it to something "Please wait loading the application".

Regards

AK

Hi All, 

1. We have multi tenant system where different URLs for different sites.

2. We want one salesforce app which can be installed by all tenant customers.

problem: in the connected app approch we are not able to change the end points URL according to sites.

Can you please provide any way we can change the end point URL dynamically or by-pass it or configure at the time of installation of app?

Is their a way to configure the Canvas App URL for each installation of App?

Hi , 

I have tried to create a Connected App and used it in the visual force page with following code 

<apex:canvasApp applicationName="Saba_Cloud" width="100%" canvasId="my_plan" scrolling="yes" containerId="container1" parameters="{param1:'value1',param2:'value2'}" />

my ConnectedApp is oAuth Enabled and uses oAuth WebFlow access 

Access Method OAuth Webflow (GET)

The issue is I am not getting parameters that I am passing at the time of oAuth or when hitting the sucess URL from salesforce. 

Can you please help my why parameters are not passed to my app. 

Hi All, 

I had developed a App which contains a Canvas App with Custom tab and custom settings object. 
The whole package is managed as unmanaged is not supported for connected App.  

So the customer has 10 tabs and 10 custom objects. 

What licensing implecation it may on the consumer with respect to the limit for custom tab and custom objects if  

- Managed Package is not published on appexchange ?
 - Managed Package is published on appexchange as free App ?
 - Managed Package is published on appexchange as paid App ?

- Will the custom tab and custom objects of my app eats into the consuming orgs limit ?

Hi All, 

How can we display external image in chatter post?

Regards

Hi All. 

I am trying to post a chatter feed using 

METHOD: POST
URL: https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/chatter/feeds/record/XXXXXXX/feed-items 
HEADER:  Authorization  OAuth   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

POST DATA:
{ "body" :
   {
      "messageSegments" : [
         {
           "type": "Text",
           "text" : "Check out the latest building proposal"
         }
      ]
    }
}

but it returned  

[{"message":"No attachment found and body is empty. Provide a non-empty 'text' parameter, or a rich input including non-empty message segments. If providing rich JSON/XML input in REST, make sure to include Content-Type header. In multipart REST, include the Content-Type in the part.","errorCode":"MISSING_ARGUMENT"}]

but when I changed the URL to 

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/chatter/feeds/record/XXXXXXX/feed-items?text=SomeTest

then it gets posted but text posted is queryparameter not from post data.