• 5 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm having an issue with using the 'Dropdown list' field type on a Screen in the Flow Designer.

The first attached image shows a simple example of the kind of Screen & 'Dropdown list' field I am dealing with. The Flow Designer interface doesn't appear to provide a means of indicating whether or not the 'Dropdown list' field is required. I've noticed that under the 'Textbox' field type, there is a "Required" checkbox that allows this kind of behavior to be set, but the 'Dropdown list' field type doesn't have this option available via the interface of the Flow Designer.

My problem is that the 'Dropdown list' actually shows up as a required field (see the second attached image). Even more confusing is that when I use the Flow Designer Explorer tab to look at the Properties of my Example_Dropdown_List that I’ve created, the description says "Required: false" (see the third attached image).

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks.

-Matt Beitler

Example Dropdown List bug 001 

Example Dropdown List bug 002

Example Dropdown List bug 003

On the design canvas, I have 4 dropdown choice elements that do not show as required (e.g., no Red bar next to them, nor have I check any Required box in their definition).

But when the flow is run, all dropdown choice fields become required, with both a read bar to the left of the field and a clearly enforced required validation complaint if one tries to pretend they are options.

Any idea how I can avoid having all dropdown choice field being required?  I'm clearly missing something basic :smileyfrustrated: