• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I can find plenty of places where static resources are used to house images for VisualForce pages which are then rendered as pdf no problem. However, has anyone tried using a URL field in a custom object when that URL points to an Amazon S3 storage?

This is my VF page at the top...

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false"   standardController="pb__InventoryItem__c" renderAs="pdf" >

<apex:variable var="inv" value="{!pb__InventoryItem__c}"/> 

You can see I'm creating a variable so I can access various fields from my custom object...

Just one of the image tags here...

<apex:image url="{!inv.pb__Image1__c}" width="100%" height="425px" />

When I let it render as HTML all images appear no problem. The URL that is returned is ok and everything works until I renderAs PDF and the images break. Is there any way around this? I can't see creating static resources for every image as being a solution. Especially as there is everything in the S3 storage area. All I need to do is to be able to render out to PDF!

Also, does anyone know if it's easy enough to render a Google map out to PDF from a VF page?

Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate any help as this is quite an urgent job. Very frustrating when you have got the page working apart from rendering to PDF.

Regards,

Ian