• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using the following image formula field on account as a support rating indicator:  (Note the use of custom images)
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Gold") , IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DE09", "gold image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Silver"), IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DDzu", "silver image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Bronze") , IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DE04", "bronze image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
"Outliner")))
This formula field works fine on the Account, but when I reference this custom field in my S-Control to display on the Contact or Case record it displays a blank image?  What is ironic is that if I use the generic images hosted on Salesforce for image formula fields like red or green, the S-Control can reference the image and displays just fine.

Note I'm just using a simple retrieve call to pull back the formula field and then referencing the record.formulafield to display the image in the S-Control.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to post data extraction questions?
My task is to be able to automate the export of salesforce.com object tables into a MS SQL Server (currently 2005) database tables for backups and adhoc local reporting.  In addition, I need to automate the import process for a nightly sync between a few local information tables and salesforce. 

My requirements are:

- Process should be fully automated
- Process should be able to execute daily (nice to have incremental rather than full copy for export)
- On success or failure of extraction, some individuals should be notified

Currently, I've been trying to use Data Loader version 7, which now has the functionality to connect to databases through a JDBC connector.  However, the examples given are for connecting to Oricale, and I'm not sure what provider / connection string I need to use to connect to MS SQL Server? 

For my requirements, I heard about dbAmp and was wondering whether it's a better fit for what I'm doing? 

Your comments are more than appreciated,
Many thanks,
Rob
I'm using the following image formula field on account as a support rating indicator:  (Note the use of custom images)
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Gold") , IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DE09", "gold image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Silver"), IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DDzu", "silver image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
IF( ISPICKVAL(Rating, "Bronze") , IMAGE( "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000DE04", "bronze image scaled to 15x50 pixels", 15, 50),
"Outliner")))
This formula field works fine on the Account, but when I reference this custom field in my S-Control to display on the Contact or Case record it displays a blank image?  What is ironic is that if I use the generic images hosted on Salesforce for image formula fields like red or green, the S-Control can reference the image and displays just fine.

Note I'm just using a simple retrieve call to pull back the formula field and then referencing the record.formulafield to display the image in the S-Control.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
So I am using Open Source's ODBC to connect to the custom objects I made in Salesforce and my SQL server. Very simple and easy. However, I never get the same amount of records I push in. I will have a table of 75 distinct records on my SQL server and push them in a very simple method using the ODBC and only 68 make it to my table on Salesforce.com

Is anyone else experiencing this? Open Source told me nothing was wrong on their end. I just can't seem to find those phantom missing records. They have nothing different in them from the ones that make it through.

Very frustrating.