• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a field on the contact record titled Twitter User Name.  I am now trying to create a hyperlink formula field that will take the user name entered and add it to the Twitter URL and I can't get it to work.  It works great as a custom link but I want to be able to place the URL in the page layout and not in the custom link section.  Any suggestions?

I have tried both of these options

HYPERLINK("http://twitter.com/Contact.Twitter_User_Name__c", "Twitter Account" )

HYPERLINK("http://twitter.com/Twitter_User_Name__c", "Twitter Account" )

I have the need for a VisualForce page that will contain three sections, Account, Contact and Product information.

On save, I want the three records created and related or if an Account record (using Name as the key) or the a Contact record (using email address as the key)  already exists, the existing records shoudl be updated with the new information entered.  The Product record will always be new.  On Save, the newly created Product record (Standard Salesforce Product Page) should be displayed.

Ideally, if on the New create page, one could look up the Account and Contact to see if a reord existed and if it did to populate the appropiate fields on the VF page while allowing the user to overwrite the fields if necessary and on Save, update the existing Account/Contact records with the new values.

Please email a cost estimate/timeline if you think you can handle this requirement.  I need it completed and in production no later than November 14th.

Thanks

Denis

dhorgan@veltigconsulting.com
(310) 497-3247

I have a custom object (Service Request) has a master detail relationship to the Case object.  What I am trying to do is to prevent a user from closing a case if the related service request record does not have a status of "awaiting invoice"  This status field in my custom object is a picklist.  This is the code that I have attempted to enter and the error message I get when I try to validate it.

Rule:
AND(ISPICKVAL( Status ,"Closed - Resolved"), NOT(ISPICKVAL ($ObjectType.Service_Request__c.Fields.Status__c, "Awaiting Invoice")))

Error:
Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Object

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of a way to have Dashboards automatically refresh on load or how they could be scheduled to refresh?
I have a custom button that when clicked updates a field on a case but unless you refresh the screen, you don't see update on the record.  Is there a way to add a reload funciton to my javascript that will refresh the page for me?  I am new to coding so any help would be greatfully appreciated.

My current code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.Id = "{!Case.Id}";
c.JITB_Notify_Now__c = "1";
window.alert("Case has been transferred to JITB")
var result = sforce.connection.update([c]);
Does anyone know of a way to have Dashboards automatically refresh on load or how they could be scheduled to refresh?
I have hotkeys installed and I want to remove this functon but I do not see a deinstall option.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of this add-on?
I have created a field on the contact record titled Twitter User Name.  I am now trying to create a hyperlink formula field that will take the user name entered and add it to the Twitter URL and I can't get it to work.  It works great as a custom link but I want to be able to place the URL in the page layout and not in the custom link section.  Any suggestions?

HYPERLINK("http://twitter.com/Contact.Twitter_User_Name__c", "Twitter Account" )

I'm confused.  We purchased some Platform Licenses for some non-sales employees.  But it seems they can't create/edit accounts or contacts.  This is a problem as you can't email someone without adding them as a contact or associate a task with a contact if you can't create that contact, etc!  Also, in this case they should be able to edit accounts.  I called SF and they said that Platform Licenses can't do that, which makes no sense.  Here is the text that describes the license.  It clearly says you can or am I misreading it (see bold)?

Designed for users who need access to custom apps but not to standard CRM functionality. Users with a Salesforce Platform user license are entitled to use custom apps developed in your organization or installed from Force.com AppExchange. In addition, they are entitled to use core platform functionality such as accounts, contacts, reports, dashboards, documents, and custom tabs. However, these users are not entitled to some user permissions and standard apps, including standard tabs and objects such as forecasts and opportunities. Salesforce Platform users can also use Connect Offline.Note
Users with a Salesforce Platform user license can only view dashboards if the Running User of the dashboard also has a Salesforce Platform license. They cannot edit or create new dashboards.
For Salesforce Platform and Salesforce Platform One license users, the Platform standard app is the only app listed in the Force.com app menu.

Users with Salesforce Platform user licenses can access all the custom apps in your organization. For a list of the total number of custom apps available in each Edition, see Salesforce Editions and Limits.

Each license provides additional storage for Enterprise and Unlimited Edition

Success Objects has developed just the solution for you. It now takes 8 steps to create an account with a contact.  Our account/contact quick create product takes this process to just 3 steps.  What an amazing time saver and productivity booster!

Click on the link below to see how this incredible product works.  You can also get a sneak peek at future, time saving product releases.

http://www.successobjects.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=42&Itemid=69

Success Objects offers reliable custom development services at affordable rates.  We are most proud of the fact that once we complete your product, you won’t be left in a lurch.

You can check out our methodology and rates at:

http://www.successobjects.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95&Itemid=87

Please send me an email to set up any discussions around your development needs, or questions on our products.

patty.parsons@successobjects.com

www.successobjects.com

Message Edited by Harpur on 05-12-2009 11:55 AM
We're a .NET - based software firm with an established content management system.  We're looking to integrate certain features of our system with the SalesForce platform in the following ways:

- synchronize lead, contact data between SF and our app
- attach to our SOAP web services from within SF to access and control aspects of our app from within the SF ui
- package and deploy the completed integration package to our existing SF clients
- ongoing maintenance, feature enhancements etc.

This could be a good long-term opportunity for an experienced and efficient SF developer to play a key role in our future SF and CRM system integration strategy.

The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Located in Pacific Time Zone
- English as a primary language
- DEMONSTRABLE .NET SOAP web service development
- DEMONSTRABLE SF integration experience
- experience in sales / marketing a plus

Please reply to this post if interested with examples of your work and contact information.

Message Edited by marckula on 12-11-2008 02:03 PM

Looking for a Salsforce.com Administrator in LA Area. Need at least 2 year experience in Salesforce.com Administration.

(This is a Contract -to- Hire Position)

General Job Description:

Add, delete and modify users as employees are hired, transferred or leave the organization

Act as the single point of contact for questions from the user group

Assist with bulk imports and ownership of leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities

Maintain security profiles and access rights for users

Maintain, add or delete auto-sharing rules

Configure custom reports and dashboards

Create, edit or delete custom fields and custom objects

Create Workflow Rules to improve business processes

Create and update custom page layouts and record types

Deliver training and communication to user groups

Understanding of integration of the CRM with other enterprise systems

Please send you resume to vipindas.pulinholy@gmail.com .

Email me if you have any questions.

Message Edited by das on 12-10-2008 03:46 PM

Message Edited by das on 12-10-2008 04:01 PM

Can someone tell me if it is possible to build one visual force page that has three sections, Account fields , Contact fields and Product fields so that when the page data is saved, the three object records are created and related?
I have a custom object (Service Request) has a master detail relationship to the Case object.  What I am trying to do is to prevent a user from closing a case if the related service request record does not have a status of "awaiting invoice"  This status field in my custom object is a picklist.  This is the code that I have attempted to enter and the error message I get when I try to validate it.

Rule:
AND(ISPICKVAL( Status ,"Closed - Resolved"), NOT(ISPICKVAL ($ObjectType.Service_Request__c.Fields.Status__c, "Awaiting Invoice")))

Error:
Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Object

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a custom button that when clicked updates a field on a case but unless you refresh the screen, you don't see update on the record.  Is there a way to add a reload funciton to my javascript that will refresh the page for me?  I am new to coding so any help would be greatfully appreciated.

My current code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.Id = "{!Case.Id}";
c.JITB_Notify_Now__c = "1";
window.alert("Case has been transferred to JITB")
var result = sforce.connection.update([c]);
We are looking to develop an application for our clients that is something like a help desk with community elements, it is likely to be only relevant to our business and not have wider appeal.  I am looking for a small firm or contractor to work with us in developing the application.

If you are interested you can drop me a line and we can discuss on skype.

My email is alex@complianceasia.com.

Thanks

• October 18, 2007
I had some success today refreshing dashboard and thought I'd share. I found some code from SF Heretic on refreshing homepages and dashboards, but it didn't quite work for me, though it got me pointed in the right direction which I greatly appreciate! Their code for refreshing the homepage didn't work for me the way it was setup. What did work was going to Homepage components and adding to the Messages & Alerts:

<meta http-equiv=refresh content=600>

And if you stay on the home page it does refresh after 10 minutes.

What I wanted to do was refresh a dashboard we have for mgmt users whenever they hit that page so they see the current numbers without having to click refresh. What I ended up doing was adding a component to the dashboard that was an S Control and all it contained was the following code where the ID listed is the ID of the dashboard. You can see the exact window open code I lifted below by going to the dashboard and with FIREBUG installed click INSPECT and select the REFRESH button on the page and it will show you something like the below....

Code:
<BODY onLoad="refreshDashboardTimeout();" >
<script>
function refreshDashboardTimeout() {
window.open('/01Z6000000073av—m=poll&refresh=1', 'db_refresh_frame');
}
</script>

Hope that helps some of you out there..........

E

• May 17, 2007