• 80 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to find a way to make a sophisticated looking pdf quote that the sales reps can easily send out via email or print and mail.  The PDF editor is just not very nice looking and not very customizable.  I found an old app that you can install called "Visualforce Quote2PDF"  that is awesome but it uses a custom quote object and quote line object because it was created before the standard quotes object came out.(you can read info about it here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_EmailQuote2PDF  and install it from here Quote2PDF: https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t30000000SyGR

Anyway so I am trying to modify the code to work with the new Standard Quotes system but I am running into trouble because it is telling me that "Quote does not exist" when I try to replace instances of Quote__c with just Quote.  There are multiple visual force pages, a couple of apex classes and a Visualforce email template involved but no matter which Visualforce page I try to edit they all say that "Quote does not exist" and the email template says "The template relatedTo type must be a valid SObject, not Quote." and the classes say "Error: Compile Error: sObject type 'Quote' is not supported" or "Error: Compile Error: Invalid type: Quote"

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Here's an example of one of the small VF Pages:

(original)

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c" Extensions="quoteExt" action="{!attachQuote}">
    {!Quote__c.Opportunity__c}{!Quote__c.name}
</apex:page>

(with my edits)

<apex:page standardController="Quote" Extensions="quoteExt" action="{!attachQuote}">
    {!Quote.Opportunity}{!Quote.name}

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!  (sorry, couldn't help myself) 

Hi, I am trying to add quote to my tabbed opportunity VF page, but got the error.

<apex:tab label="Quotes" name="Quotes" id="tabquote" rendered="{!$Profile.name='System Administrator'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="Quotes" /> </apex:tab>

But in the field definition, it shows Quotes.

Field Label Opportunity Name Field Name Opportunity Data Type Master-Detail(Opportunity) Child Relationship Name: Quotes

I tried to look for it in Apex explorer, but could not find it.

Anyone can help?

• March 08, 2010

Is this possible?

Org A publishes account Acme with phone number field.

Org B subscribes to Acme with phone number field.

Org A updates the phone number field.

Does Org B see the changes? If so, how? 

Hi There,

I have a custom required field on my opportunityLineItem. When I try to sync a quote it complains that the required field is missing. I've created the field in the quoteLineItem, but how do I link the two fields together for syncing?

TIA

I need help on salesforce to slaesforce, for example i established a connection from one org to other org, how do the users from my org can transfer the data to other the users of other org, do they have to establish multiple connections to each and every user

I am trying to find a way to make a sophisticated looking pdf quote that the sales reps can easily send out via email or print and mail.  The PDF editor is just not very nice looking and not very customizable.  I found an old app that you can install called "Visualforce Quote2PDF"  that is awesome but it uses a custom quote object and quote line object because it was created before the standard quotes object came out.(you can read info about it here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_EmailQuote2PDF  and install it from here Quote2PDF: https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t30000000SyGR

Anyway so I am trying to modify the code to work with the new Standard Quotes system but I am running into trouble because it is telling me that "Quote does not exist" when I try to replace instances of Quote__c with just Quote.  There are multiple visual force pages, a couple of apex classes and a Visualforce email template involved but no matter which Visualforce page I try to edit they all say that "Quote does not exist" and the email template says "The template relatedTo type must be a valid SObject, not Quote." and the classes say "Error: Compile Error: sObject type 'Quote' is not supported" or "Error: Compile Error: Invalid type: Quote"

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Here's an example of one of the small VF Pages:

(original)

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c" Extensions="quoteExt" action="{!attachQuote}">
    {!Quote__c.Opportunity__c}{!Quote__c.name}

(with my edits)

<apex:page standardController="Quote" Extensions="quoteExt" action="{!attachQuote}">
    {!Quote.Opportunity}{!Quote.name}

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!  (sorry, couldn't help myself) 

Hi, I am trying to add quote to my tabbed opportunity VF page, but got the error.

<apex:tab label="Quotes" name="Quotes" id="tabquote" rendered="{!$Profile.name='System Administrator'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="Quotes" /> </apex:tab>

But in the field definition, it shows Quotes.

Field Label Opportunity Name Field Name Opportunity Data Type Master-Detail(Opportunity) Child Relationship Name: Quotes

I tried to look for it in Apex explorer, but could not find it.

Anyone can help?

• March 08, 2010
Is there any way to use the view from the Edit Quote Line Item page for the Add Quote Line Item page? Currently, I have to add line items with basic info (quantity, price, etc.) then go back and edit them in order to enter data for the custom fields.
Any way to edit the template for the quote PDF? Or show the custom fields in it?

I'm trying to use apex to build a quote.  I'm able to add OpportunityLineItems but need these to show up in a Quote as line item.  I add the OpportunityLineItems from Apex using the code below, but I can only get these line item to the quote by logging into the website, viewing the quote there, and clicking the "Copy Opportunity Lines into Quote" link.  Then, my line items are added to the quote.  I need a way to do this from apex but can't figure out how.  Here is the code I am using:

private void createQuoteSample()

{

//Verify that we are already authenticated, if not

//call the login function to do so

if (!loggedIn)

{

if (!login()) return;

}

try

{

apex.sObject quote; sObject[] quots = new sObject[1];

{

quote = new apex.sObject();System.Xml.

XmlElement[] qts = new System.Xml.XmlElement[5];

int index = 0;qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement(

"OpportunityId", "0063000000Z1lV2AAJ");

qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement("PricebookEntryId", "01u30000002d5kAAAQ");qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement(

"Quantity", "3");

qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement("Description", "Bad to the bone");qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement(

"UnitPrice", "12");quote.type = "OpportunityLineItem";

quote.Any = qts;

quots[0] = quote;

}

//create the object(s) by sending the array to the web service

SaveResult[] sr = binding.create(quots); for (int j = 0; j < sr.Length; j++)

{

if (sr[j].success)

{

Console.Write(System.Environment.NewLine + "A opportunity line item was created with an id of: "

+ sr[j].id);

}

else

{

//there were errors during the create call, go through the errors

//array and write them to the screen

for (int i = 0; i < sr[j].errors.Length; i++)

{

//get the next error

Error err = sr[j].errors[i];

Console.WriteLine("Errors were found on item " + j.ToString());

Console.WriteLine("Error code is: " + err.statusCode.ToString()); Console.WriteLine("Error message: " + err.message);

}

}

}

{

quote = new apex.sObject();

System.Xml.XmlElement[] qts = new System.Xml.XmlElement[1];

int index = 0;

qts[index++] = GetNewXmlElement("SyncedQuoteID", "a0h30000002awV5AA1");quote.type =

"Opportunity"; quote.Id = "0063000000Z1lV2AAJ";

// quote.Any = qts;

quots[0] = quote;

}

sr = binding.update(quots);

for (int j = 0; j < sr.Length; j++)

{

if (sr[j].success)

{

Console.Write(System.Environment.NewLine + "A opportunity was updated with an id of: "

+ sr[j].id);

}

else

{

//there were errors during the create call, go through the errors

//array and write them to the screen

for (int i = 0; i < sr[j].errors.Length; i++)

{

//get the next error

Error err = sr[j].errors[i];

Console.WriteLine("Errors were found on item " + j.ToString());

Console.WriteLine("Error code is: " + err.statusCode.ToString()); Console.WriteLine("Error message: " + err.message);

}

}

}

Console.WriteLine("\nHit return to continue..."); Console.ReadLine();

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

Console.WriteLine("\nFailed to update quote, error message was: \n"

+ ex.Message);

Console.Write("\nHit return to continue..."); Console.ReadLine();

}

}

I want to be able to publish an object with an attechment via SalesForce to SalesForce.

When it is recieved by a subscriber, then the attachement needs to be moved to a documents folder, or optionally a communications template folder. I am hoping that we can do this via a trigger.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Trying to get some ideas what is possible in S2S.

Jeff

What user context is used to do run apex code/dml operations when a record is inserted or updated using salesforce to salesforce?  Is there a way to set this user?

Is this possible?

Org A publishes account Acme with phone number field.

Org B subscribes to Acme with phone number field.

Org A updates the phone number field.

Does Org B see the changes? If so, how? 

Hi All,

We can auto accept the records from an org, this is a new feature in summer'09. What if i want to forward the newly created account records automatically. Is there a way out, through which we can access the External sharing object and forward the records automatically, as soon as it gets created. 

Please help,

Thanks

Is it possible to use the api to log into http://apps.salesforce.com

I want to log in as a partner into PRM and retrieve some information using the API

thanks,
Brian

Message Edited by briano on 11-07-2008 08:42 AM
Hi,

We have Silver partner license for PRM. After enabling an account as "Partner" , I activated a PRM user by clicking the "Enable Partner Portal Login" button in the contact detail page for the same account. But although the user can view the account information in PRM portal, he does have the edit privileges to edit the account until I manually enable Account Sharing for the user by clicking the sharing button with read-write option.

I verified his PRM profile and the Account object DO HAVE read and edit permissions. Then why does the PRM user does not have edit privilege to the Account that is enabled as a partner?

For e.g: Account "Starbucks" is enabled as Partner and User John is a contact who is activated with "Enable Partner Portal Login" for Starbucks account. When John logs in to PRM, he can view Starbucks details and also see the edit button, but when he clicks the edit button, it throws the typical "Does not have necessary privilege to edit " message.

Appreciate all your feedbacks to this problem.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• May 05, 2008
Hi,

Inspite of setting our Org-wide default to "Private" for Account object, I can still view all Accounts in our PRM. Ideally they should only be viewing their own account for which they have been enabled the "Partner Login".  We have the Silver Partner User for PRM.

Salesforce edition: EE
PRM: Silver Partner

Appreciate your valuable feedbacks on this.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
  • May 01, 2008