• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

Outlook edition stores the username and password supplied by the user for logging into salesforce. Is there any way that we could disable this, we dont want the password to be stored and want a prompt to appear for the user asking for password/username information as and when he wants to connect to salesforce. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Vishnu

• April 16, 2007
Hi,

I want to restrict certain fields of Contact object to non-owners of the record. Users will have the same profile settings and only owners of the records will be able to view all the fields. Is there a way to do this in Salesforce?  I  saw that  there was a way to  restrict edition through non-owners by way of validation rules. It would be great if we have the visibilty controlled through ownership as well. If this is not possible in salesforce, what's the work-around you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Vishnu

• March 26, 2007
Hi,

I want to restrict certain fields of Contact object to non-owners of the record. Users will have the same profile settings and only owners of the records will be able to view all the fields. Is there a way to do this in Salesforce?  I  saw that  there was a way to  restrict edition through non-owners by way of validation rules. It would be great if we have the visibilty controlled through ownership as well. If this is not possible in salesforce, what's the work-around you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Vishnu

• March 26, 2007
Please use the "SRC" button that's available in editing toolbar to insert source code. Inserting source code directly will break the layout of the page. Often, long posts will stretch the layout and hide the reply button, deterring otherwise helpful responses.

Also, please DO NOT use long strings of code in the title. A run-on string in the title breaks the layout for all messages, not just yours.

Thanks for helping keep the boards clean and useful!