• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all - I'm having an issue executing a simple callout using WSDL2Apex.  Seems there's issues with inheritance which I thought I had fixed but now when I make the call from a test class, I'm getting this error:
System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:Cornerstone:ClientDataService:GetUserResponse' but found ':detail'.  
The data type being returned by the class is set correctly, so I can only assume there is still an issue with the WSDL2Apex process.  Anyone who experienced issues using this utility that has something to share please let me know!  THANKS!
Hi All,
I have an issue with a custom button that executes Javascript.  On the opportunity object, on button click it checks to see if there is a value in a custom field on the account object.   Works fine if the user is the owner of the account and the opportunity, but if another user owns the account the javascript appears to not be able to grab the value that is being evaluated from the account object.  I created a custom sharing rule on both  opportunity and account  for all internal users read/write access, still not working evaulating Javascript correctly.  Any input is greatly appreciated!
Hey Everyone,
I have a situation I'm trying to figure out a work around for.  So I have a webservice returning JSON data that is working very well, my apex code calls out to the webservice, returns the data and I update the appropriate fields.  In one instance, I need to go get the latest data when a field is changed on the account object.  So I created a trigger that invokes the apex class, calling out to the the webservice with an @future method (which in turn updates the account object).  If the user has entered an incorrect value, the JSON data returns nulls. We don't know they've entered an incorrect value until the callout hppens.  So I'm trying to figure out a way to notify the user that the data entered wasn't valid.    I was thinking I would update a hidden "invalid data" field on the account object and raise an error on an update trigger, but this seems like it could be problematic.

Anyone have any ideas?  I would be REALLY grateful!! :)

Hi all,
      This is my first attempt at using JSON in APEX, seems pretty straight forward.  I have what I think is a very simple question...making a call out to a webservice that is returning a JSON string for new order information.   In my apex class, I have a simple order class:
public class OrderInfo{
     public String CustomerName {get; set;}
     public String CustomerNo {get; set;}
     public String OrderStatus {get; set;}
     public String CustomerPONo{get; set;}
     public String Name {get; set;}
     public String GrossAmount {get; set;}
     public String WantedDeliveryDate {get; set;}

}

I make a call out to my webservice and get back my JSON string...all is well.  Now I need to deserialize it which I'm doing like this:
HTTPResponse res = h.send(req);  //response comes back correctly, data is all formatted as I would expect..
       //deserialize the JSON data returned by the web service into the OrderInfo class defined above
        OrderInfo newOrder = new OrderInfo();
        newOrder = (OrderInfo)JSON.deserialize(res.getBody(), OrderInfo.class);
So here is my problem, when I look at the values of my newOrder object they are all null.  Based on examples I viewed, It looked like the deserialize method with a specified object type would update the values in the object.  Do I need to do something else to save the values into the newOrder object?  
    I really appreciate any assistance, I'm sure it's something very simple!  Thanks in advance!!

Has anyone had any experience of embedding PowerBI content (reports, tiles and dashboards) into salesforce visualforce pages using a Canvas App? Is this even possible?
Hey Everyone,
I have a situation I'm trying to figure out a work around for.  So I have a webservice returning JSON data that is working very well, my apex code calls out to the webservice, returns the data and I update the appropriate fields.  In one instance, I need to go get the latest data when a field is changed on the account object.  So I created a trigger that invokes the apex class, calling out to the the webservice with an @future method (which in turn updates the account object).  If the user has entered an incorrect value, the JSON data returns nulls. We don't know they've entered an incorrect value until the callout hppens.  So I'm trying to figure out a way to notify the user that the data entered wasn't valid.    I was thinking I would update a hidden "invalid data" field on the account object and raise an error on an update trigger, but this seems like it could be problematic.

Anyone have any ideas?  I would be REALLY grateful!! :)

Hi all,
      This is my first attempt at using JSON in APEX, seems pretty straight forward.  I have what I think is a very simple question...making a call out to a webservice that is returning a JSON string for new order information.   In my apex class, I have a simple order class:
public class OrderInfo{
     public String CustomerName {get; set;}
     public String CustomerNo {get; set;}
     public String OrderStatus {get; set;}
     public String CustomerPONo{get; set;}
     public String Name {get; set;}
     public String GrossAmount {get; set;}
     public String WantedDeliveryDate {get; set;}

}

I make a call out to my webservice and get back my JSON string...all is well.  Now I need to deserialize it which I'm doing like this:
HTTPResponse res = h.send(req);  //response comes back correctly, data is all formatted as I would expect..
       //deserialize the JSON data returned by the web service into the OrderInfo class defined above
        OrderInfo newOrder = new OrderInfo();
        newOrder = (OrderInfo)JSON.deserialize(res.getBody(), OrderInfo.class);
So here is my problem, when I look at the values of my newOrder object they are all null.  Based on examples I viewed, It looked like the deserialize method with a specified object type would update the values in the object.  Do I need to do something else to save the values into the newOrder object?  
    I really appreciate any assistance, I'm sure it's something very simple!  Thanks in advance!!