• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My objects Project and Plan are master objects to "All projects" which is the junction object. I also have an object called "Activity" that is a child to Project and a lookup to the All Projects Junction object. I ultimately want a time field on Activity to roll up to Plan. Can anyone help? 
My objects Project and Plan are master objects to "All projects" which is the junction object. I also have an object called "Activity" that is a child to Project and a lookup to the All Projects Junction object. I ultimately want a time field on Activity to roll up to Plan. I have created a roll up summary field called Total Time on the Project object that rolls up the time fields from the Activity objects, I then have a cross object formula field on the Junction object that pulls from the Total Time field on the project object, lets call this A. Since a roll up summary can't run from a formula field and I couldn't do a field update from a cross object formula, I then created another formula field on the Junction object, call it B, that pulls from the cross object formula field (A) on the junction object. Then I have another field on the junction object, call it C, that I want to be updated with the value in B. Basically I want C to mirror B and it's only there so that I can then do a roll up summary field on Plan of C. C will update if I click edit save on the junction object but not when I change time on the activity object. I've tried the following criteria in the workflow rule: when the time value on the Activity object >0, field B is different than prior, when modified dates is changed, when time field on the project object is changed, etc. What criteria can I use to make it update automatically?
I would like to auto update a check box when I send an email using an email template. I am not trying to auto send the email, just to update the checkbox. 

I have a many-to-many relationship between 2 objects - contracts & headings.  The junction object is called Contract Headings and is the detail side of the 2 master-detail relationships.

On the headings object, I have a lookup formula to pull back a category number from a fourth object Heading Category.  I've also put a cross-object formula on the junction object Contract Headings to pull this contract number over from the Heading object.  I realize you cannot use cross-object formula fields in roll-up summaries so to get around this, I created another formula field on the junction object to pull over the value from the cross-object formula field (on junction object) for category. 

So to summarize, on the child object in this attempted roll-up, I have a cross-object formula which I cannot use in a roll-up and another formula to give the value in the un-usable cross-object formula...confusing I know.  :)

However, when I try to create the roll-up summary field on the contract object to give the MIN category number from the junction object, the field does not show up. 

I really need a roll up summary field on the contract object to give the MIN of the category number on the heading object.  Any idea how I can make this work?

Hi, i have 2 objects with the fields

OBJECT1__C  --  Checkbox1
OBJECT2__C  --  Checkbox2.  i have an junction object bewteen theser two. NOW i need to update Checkbox2 If Checkbox1 is checked. Please any help?