• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know whether it is possible to make a multi-select lookup Lightning component that is accessible via the mobile app? It is my understanding that the mobile app does not inherently allow multiple contacts to be assigned to a task (even when shared activities option is enabled.)
I have seen posts online for a Lightning Lookup component that is mobile-ready:https://meltedwires.com/2015/10/31/salesforce-lightning-lookup-component-v2/
...as well as a multi-select Lightning Lookup component:http://www.lightningstrike.io/#!/strikeMultiLookup
But I am still unclear whether anything would prevent the multi-select lookup from being utilized via mobile app. Any input would be much appreciated!
Are there any process automation tools that would allow our system administrators to get a notification 60 days after a field name is changed?

Specifically, when a field gets deprecated in our org, we remove visibility for all users, then append OBS_ to the beginning of the field label and leave it for 60 days to give user(s) time to ensure no negative impact. I would like to automate a notification to be emailed to the system admin that made the change so they know when to go in and delete field.
Our requirement is to have a simplified method of tracking events held in each of our market areas. We have created public calendars for each market area. However, some events need to be assigned to more than one market area's public calendar, as they apply to both. Our sales rep(s) also get compensation for holding these events, so we need to also allow the event to be assigned to one or more users.

Any suggestions how to best accomplish this? I was hoping we could configure Salesforce to allow a single calendar event be created and assigned to a combination of 1 or more users' calendars and/or public calendars at the same time, but I have little luck with this approach. Any input on solutioning this requirement would be greatly appreciated.

In summary, we are trying to rollout a custom VF page to a subset of our users that does not correlate 1:1 with profiles. 

Is it possible to override the standard New Contact button with a dispatcher VF page that redirects based on a permission set being present?
Ex:
If permission set is present, the user should be redirected to a custom new contact entry VF page.
If permission set is not present on user, the user should be redirected to the standard new contact screen.

We have tried a button override to the VF page, but our challenge remained that we cannot limit the ability to add contact records for users that are not given access to the custom new contact entry VF page. 

Our Contact object New button is overridden to display a custom VF page with added functionality. However, some profiles do not have access to this functionality and should see the standard page. The VF page has functionality on it that we have to pay to use, so we do not want all users having access. 

Can someone please advise if I can remove access to the override classes/VF pages for all users and then assigned to specific users via a Permission Set? If not, what would be the best way to accomplish what we are trying to do? Thanks!
​How would I go about embedding report results only (no filters, headers, etc.) into VF page? 

Our business requirement is to have a link on the Home screen that displays the report without any ability to change filters, etc. Only see the report results as the report was defined. I was able to embed a report chart quite simply, but this did not meet the need of seeing detail records.
I am trying to create a report that only displays the most recently created child record of a custom child object on Opportunities, called Updates. As far as I can see, there is no filter option functionality that would allow me to select "Most Recent" Update record only to appear in report. Regardless of how long ago the most recent child record was created, I always want to show only that single record on the report. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to make this work "out of the box"?

If not, I was assuming I will need to create a custom field and use code. If a create a custom checkbox field titled Most Recent on the child object (Updates), does anyone have any suggestions for how to get a trigger to update this field on insert, update, & delete? Any time an Update is added, edited, or deleted all child Update records on this opportunity should have Most Recent unchecked, then only the one with the most recent date/time stamp should have the Most Recent field checked.

Thank you!
I wrote the following trigger to populate a summary Privileges field on the Contact object if any one or more of the related Affiliation (child) records has the Privileges checkbox checked on it. It appears to be working fine in sandbox. Now I am wondering how to go about creating a test class for it. Is anyone able to assist?

trigger SummarizePrivileges on Affiliation__c (after insert, after update, after delete) {
  // get the contacts
  Set<Id> contactids=new Set<Id>();
  Map<Id, Affiliation__c> AffilMap;

// figure out which map is populated
  //When adding new affil or updating existing affiliations
  if(trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate){
    for(Affiliation__c a : trigger.new){
      ContactIds.add(a.Provider__c);
    }
  }

//When deleting affiliations
  if(trigger.isDelete){
    for(Affiliation__c a : trigger.old){
      ContactIds.add(a.Provider__c);
    }
  }

// now retrieve the contacts and all of their associated affiliations, so that we can figure out the correct value for the contact
  List<Contact> toUpdate=new List<Contact>();
  for (Contact cont : [select id, Privileges__c, (select id, Privileges__c from Affiliations__r) from Contact where id in :contactIds])
  {
    // iterate the affiliations looking for privileges values that require the Privileges flag to be set on the contact
    boolean checkPriv=false;
    for (Affiliation__c cAffil : cont.Affiliations__r)
    {
       if (cAffil.Privileges__c==TRUE)
       {
           checkPriv=true;
           break;       // no need to continue with the inner loop as we know we need to check the Privileges box on the contact
       }
    }

// is the result different to the contact record?
    if (checkPriv!=cont.Privileges__c)
    {
       cont.Privileges__c=checkPriv;
       toUpdate.add(cont);
    }

}

if (!toUpdate.isEmpty())
  {
    update toUpdate;
  }
}
I am having trouble with how to go about writing a trigger to complete the following:

I have two related objects Contacts and Contact Specialties (related list on Contacts). Any time a Contact Specialty record is added, edited, or deleted from a Contact, I need a trigger to fire that loops through all Contact Specialty records on the Contact and looks to see if the Specialty field on any of the related Contact Specialty records is one of three values: "Family Medicine", "General Medicine", or "Family Practice". If so, I need to check the PCP__c checkbox on the Contact record, if not I need to uncheck the PCP__c checkbox for that contact.

Could anyone be of assistance with this?
Our Contact object New button is overridden to display a custom VF page with added functionality. However, some profiles do not have access to this functionality and should see the standard page. The VF page has functionality on it that we have to pay to use, so we do not want all users having access. 

Can someone please advise if I can remove access to the override classes/VF pages for all users and then assigned to specific users via a Permission Set? If not, what would be the best way to accomplish what we are trying to do? Thanks!
I am having trouble with how to go about writing a trigger to complete the following:

I have two related objects Contacts and Contact Specialties (related list on Contacts). Any time a Contact Specialty record is added, edited, or deleted from a Contact, I need a trigger to fire that loops through all Contact Specialty records on the Contact and looks to see if the Specialty field on any of the related Contact Specialty records is one of three values: "Family Medicine", "General Medicine", or "Family Practice". If so, I need to check the PCP__c checkbox on the Contact record, if not I need to uncheck the PCP__c checkbox for that contact.

Could anyone be of assistance with this?
I can hear the choirfolk chanting: Visualforce is so stale!  To which I say: Unless you want to actually print your work. (It would be amazing if lightning could print in a useful way.)

I'm working on a Visualforce page that will be included included in a lightning component that will also be used for a printed version of the VF page contents renderd as pdf.   

I've tried every permutation of <apex:slds />, lightningStylesheets="true", applyHtmlTag="false", applyBodyTag="false", renderAs="pdf", and renderAs="advanced_pdf".

I appears that any attempt to render visualforce that includes the SLDS CSS causes Salesforce to puke with "An internal server error has occurred."  I'm not the first to discover this behavior: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=9060G000000Ub1lQAC

I haven't tried embedding the LDS CSS in a static resource because it appears this didn't work for others: https://github.com/salesforce-ux/design-system/issues/341

Does anyone have insight into the best practice to style a Visualforce page to match the SLDS for inclusion in a lightning component and printing?

Thank you,
-Philip