• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I am completely new to Salesforce. Please help me in code deployment.

I have certain objects and code in my developer environment, now i want to make those available for all my salesforce clients.so it is a situation of one to many distribution.

So please let me know which method would be the best for this and why?

I am confused with the various methods available like -
Packages,
Change sets,
Force IDE,
Ant,
Eclispse etc.,

but i really do not know which method should be used when? and which among these is the best for one to many distributions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mani

Hi All,

i have developed my apex classes/triggers etc. to update records in external website through salesforce.

Now could you please suggest any ideas to deploy my stuff and make it accessible to all my clients who can use these changes to update their data in that external website.

i dont want to use Packages approach, as it has several limitations.  is there any other best alternative f packages, to deploy the salesforce code and make it accessible to Salesforce clients?

thanks and regards,
mani
Can we consume an external REST API of a different website within salesforce? my requirement is to get data from an external api and save it to Salesforce.

regards,
mani
Hi,

I want to use REST API callouts from Salesforce to an external website's REST based API to pull and push the data into the salesforce.

Could anyone please provide me the sample code if anybody has done that  before?

regards,
Mani
If is use REST API Callouts to push and pull the data from SFDC, how my external application will automatically authenticate the sfdc user?
Hi,

my organisation has a requirement that if anything is udated/inserted in our web application( cloud based  apllicatio me nn build in .net and c#)  that should be automatically be updated in SFDC and vice versa.

There are 1000 of users in our website and they have their account in salesforce too.  Now to sync the data between these two real time automatic updates are required.

please let  me know which approach is best and why- Streaming API or workflow outbound messages?

thanks in advance.
marilyn
Hi All,

my organisation has a requirement that if anything is udated/inserted in our web application( cloud based  apllication build in .net and c#)  that should be automatically be updated in SFDC and vice versa.

There are 1000 of users in our website and they have their account in salesforce too. how can we synchronize their data between sfdc and our application? can we show the real time automatic updates? could anyone please let me know the steps to build such interface within salesforce? so that whenever a new user sign up in salesforce we dont have to do the coding again for that user.  please let me know which type of inetgration would be the best?

thanks in advance.
marilyn
Hello All,

I want to confirm that is the "UI updates based on data Changes - using streaming API" is the right approach for automatic data updates between Salesforce.com and an external website(which is a cloud based application built in .net c#)

my basic requirement is to update the salesforce data automatically whenever a change is done in my website and vice versa.

for example: if a lead information is updated in salesforce, it should automatically be updated in my application also without doing any manual data transfer.

please suggest.

thanks & Regards,
Mani
Hi Guys, i am new to salesforce.com. I have few questions, could anyone please help :-

1) if we create a db sync connector using apex and force.com platform , will it be hosted on the Salesforce?
2) if number of clients install this package and later on we do few modifications , Do all the clients have to reinstall the new package?

Thank You in Advance

Regards,
Marilyn
Hi,

I want to use REST API callouts from Salesforce to an external website's REST based API to pull and push the data into the salesforce.

Could anyone please provide me the sample code if anybody has done that  before?

regards,
Mani
Hi All,

I am completely new to Salesforce. Please help me in code deployment.

I have certain objects and code in my developer environment, now i want to make those available for all my salesforce clients.so it is a situation of one to many distribution.

So please let me know which method would be the best for this and why?

I am confused with the various methods available like -
Packages,
Change sets,
Force IDE,
Ant,
Eclispse etc.,

but i really do not know which method should be used when? and which among these is the best for one to many distributions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mani

Hi All,

i have developed my apex classes/triggers etc. to update records in external website through salesforce.

Now could you please suggest any ideas to deploy my stuff and make it accessible to all my clients who can use these changes to update their data in that external website.

i dont want to use Packages approach, as it has several limitations.  is there any other best alternative f packages, to deploy the salesforce code and make it accessible to Salesforce clients?

thanks and regards,
mani
Hi,

regards,
Mani
Hi,

my organisation has a requirement that if anything is udated/inserted in our web application( cloud based  apllicatio me nn build in .net and c#)  that should be automatically be updated in SFDC and vice versa.

There are 1000 of users in our website and they have their account in salesforce too.  Now to sync the data between these two real time automatic updates are required.

please let  me know which approach is best and why- Streaming API or workflow outbound messages?

thanks in advance.
marilyn
Hi All,

my organisation has a requirement that if anything is udated/inserted in our web application( cloud based  apllication build in .net and c#)  that should be automatically be updated in SFDC and vice versa.

There are 1000 of users in our website and they have their account in salesforce too. how can we synchronize their data between sfdc and our application? can we show the real time automatic updates? could anyone please let me know the steps to build such interface within salesforce? so that whenever a new user sign up in salesforce we dont have to do the coding again for that user.  please let me know which type of inetgration would be the best?

thanks in advance.
marilyn
Hello All,

I want to confirm that is the "UI updates based on data Changes - using streaming API" is the right approach for automatic data updates between Salesforce.com and an external website(which is a cloud based application built in .net c#)

my basic requirement is to update the salesforce data automatically whenever a change is done in my website and vice versa.

for example: if a lead information is updated in salesforce, it should automatically be updated in my application also without doing any manual data transfer.

please suggest.

thanks & Regards,
Mani

Today we’re excited to announce the new Salesforce Developers Discussion Forums. We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can improve the forums.  With Chatter Answers, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we were able to implement an entirely new experience, integrated with the rest of the Salesforce Developers site.  By the way, it’s also mobile-friendly.

We’ve migrated all the existing data, including user accounts. You can use the same Salesforce account you’ve always used to login right away.  You’ll also have a great new user profile page that will highlight your community activity.  Kudos have been replaced by “liking” a post instead and you’ll now be able to filter solved vs unsolved posts.

This is, of course, only the beginning  and because it’s built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we’re going to be able to bring you more features faster than ever before.  Be sure to share any feedback, ideas, or questions you have on this forum post.

Hats off to our development team who has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring this new experience to our community. And thanks to each of you for helping to build one of the most vibrant and collaborative developer communities ever.

I am currently in process of invoking Salesforce REST API from my own server.

Following are the two options I have already implemented,

• Use OAuth 2.0 User-agent model for querying Salesforce REST API
  • User OAuth 2.0 User-password model for querying Salesforce REST API.

In both the above case, I needed to setup Remote Site in the Salesforce Org. How can I bypass this. i.e. Without setting up Remote Site, I can directly query Salesforce API. I have seen a popular app integrated with salesforce already done similar thing.

Also, after reviewing salesforce Authentication documentation, token used in Oauth 2.0 is same as Session Id. i.e. In theory if I have instance URL and SessionId , I can directly query API.

Thanks for your help.