• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Have added the &RecordType text to the custom button URL to be placed within our Partner Community but it doesn't appear to be redirecting the Users to the correct Record type:

https://XXXXX.force.com/technicians/a0o/e?CF00Nw0000003MFwU={!Case.CaseNumber}&Name=QA{!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00Nw0000003MFwU_1kid={!Case.Id}&retURL={!Case.Id}&RecordType=012w0000003IUB

Have already checked the following
1) Record Type id is correct:
 id=012w00000003IUB&type=01Iw0000000UUiw&setupid=CustomObjects%3Fsetupid%3DCustomObjects

2) Profile has access to the specified Record Type:
User-added imagePlease see attached screenshot
  • September 04, 2017
We currently have two profiles on our Partner Community whom each have a record type on a Custom Object. 

At the moment, we have a custom button on a case page layout which points to the first record type:

https://XXXXX.force.com/technicians/a0o/e?CF00Nw0000003MFwU={!Case.CaseNumber}&Name=QA{!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00Nw0000003MFwU_lkid={!Case.Id}&retURL={!Case.Id}

The second profile only has access to the second record record type yet can bring up the first by selecting the above button.

First question is how do we modify this button to provide dynamic selection of the correct record type according to profile? 

Second question, I've created another custom button to the second record type but it still redirects the User to the first record type, what's wrong with this picture? See below:

https://XXXXX.force.com/technicians/a0o/e?CF00Nw0000003MFwU={!Case.CaseNumber}&Name=QA{!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00Nw0000003MFwU_lkid={!Case.Id}&retURL={!Case.Id}&RecordType=012w00000003IUB
As above 

I'm wondering if these will solve one of our users issue. We added a new user but he is receiving the error 'Scrpt-thrown exception' everytime he tries to access the Dropbox for Salesforce. 

Dropbox have not provied a solution for any of our issues. Instead we've had to solve them our own as it takes so long for them to a) respond b) request additional info c) offer a solution.
We have recently implemented a new process using process builder. A user has recently contacted me to say that he is having difficulty saving a record since he is receiving an error message. I too, as the Systems Admin, have visibility of this, please see below detail. I have no idea what it's telling me. I have an idea and it maybe to do with the fact that it can't update a field because there is a blank value. Would this not be okay anyway to update? There is a another process on the back of this that references this field and if it is blank, the value is updated as 'Other' 

Any ideas? Tried to contact Salesforce Support but looks like they keep chaning support options to force people to use communities. 

An error occurred at element myRule_5_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Ticket_Number__r.Contract__r.Product__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Update_PO_Product
Type: Workflow
Version: 8
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Update_PO_Product-8_Purchase_Order__c
Current User: Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY)
Start time: 23/08/2016 09:27
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = a04w000000TcYP9AAN
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "23/08/2016 09:27"
DECISION: myDecision
DECISION: myDecision2
DECISION: myDecision4
Executed this outcome: myRule_5
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!formula_myRule_5} (true) Equals true
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)

We have a installed managed package on our org called Archive Case Emails. What this does is convert precious data storage to file storage. A batch is run every Saturday so as not to disrupt normal operations. However on checking our system overview it would appear that our data storage is on limit. I checked the job logs and there appears to be many errors relating to issues on conversion. I contacted the installed package team and they stated that 'there is a heap size limit in salesforce which package cannot override therefore package cannot archive such cases.

Can anyone therefore respond to the following: 

1) Has anyone else encountered this?
2) Has anyone been able to find a work around?
3) Is there a way of reporting on data sizes per email message/attachement?
4) Has Salesforce created a notification system which informs the Systems Admin that the data storage is reaching maximum capacity?

I have deleted a our org's recycling bin and some tasks but it doesn't look like the data storage figures have changed, is there something else we need to do in order for SFDC to catch up? 
Am trying to create a visualforce page to integrate Dropbox and Contracts but cannot locate the Contract API name - any ideas?

<apex:page standardController="insert API name" docType ="html-5.0" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"
applyHtmlTag="false" applyBodyTag="false">
<Dropbox_for_SF:Dropbox />
</apex:page>
  • September 25, 2015
Has anyone managed to produce pivot tables based on reports generated via Conga Composer on Excel? 
Our company requires visbility of emails coming through from a particular customer on our email-2-case address during the times specified below: 

Monday to Friday: 17.00 to 09.00 (OOH)
17.00 Friday to 09.00 Monday (OOH)

This is not our business hours but rather for providing OOH support for customers. Is there a way of doing this? 
When a particualr Account say ACME creates a case and it is from a particular department, we have a predefined set of email addresses whom need to be copied into the case email correpsondence. This includes any customer associated email workflows for the case. i.e.

1) Autoresponse (customer) 
2) Under Review (customer)
3) Case Assignment (internal)
4) Tech acknowledgement (customer) 
5) Arrival Onsite (customer)
6) Complete (customer) 

Our old system outside of Salesforce was clever enough to do this and in comparison is less powerful a tool than the product. 
During the lifecycle of a ticket being open, particular fields are checked on cases and email workflows are sent out tocustomers. Once the status of those tickets are complete, our case manager reviews the cases and updates any missing fields and saves the record. Unfortuntately the email workflows associated with the fields as mentioned previously are again triggered causing duplicate email notifications to customers.

The current criteria is as follows:
Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

How can we prevent this from happening?
Hello,

We have an issue where our team manages a number of ticket queues for a variety of customers. In order to effectively manage our ticket queue in Salesforce, they require an email notification to be sent to a seperate mail inbox that they use as a primary mail feature for when an inbound email has been received by Salesforce for a case. Within this email notification, it should include the contents of the email received so that they can read it without having to access Salesforce. 
Hello,

Am getting various enquiries from my colleagues about recording and working with different time values in Salesforce so it's really a trial at the moment.

One of the guys have asked to work in increments of 15. At the moment most of the time based fields are in minutes. Am looking for a formula that rounds up the value to increments in 15. For example

0 to 15minutes = 1
16 to 30minutes = 2
31 to 45minutes = 3
46 to 60minutes = 4
61 to 90minutes = 5
91 to 114minutes = 6
115 to 129minutes = 7

and so on and so forth

Kind Regards

N
Have added the &RecordType text to the custom button URL to be placed within our Partner Community but it doesn't appear to be redirecting the Users to the correct Record type:

https://XXXXX.force.com/technicians/a0o/e?CF00Nw0000003MFwU={!Case.CaseNumber}&Name=QA{!Case.CaseNumber}&CF00Nw0000003MFwU_1kid={!Case.Id}&retURL={!Case.Id}&RecordType=012w0000003IUB

Have already checked the following
1) Record Type id is correct:
 id=012w00000003IUB&type=01Iw0000000UUiw&setupid=CustomObjects%3Fsetupid%3DCustomObjects

2) Profile has access to the specified Record Type:
User-added imagePlease see attached screenshot
  • September 04, 2017
We have recently implemented a new process using process builder. A user has recently contacted me to say that he is having difficulty saving a record since he is receiving an error message. I too, as the Systems Admin, have visibility of this, please see below detail. I have no idea what it's telling me. I have an idea and it maybe to do with the fact that it can't update a field because there is a blank value. Would this not be okay anyway to update? There is a another process on the back of this that references this field and if it is blank, the value is updated as 'Other' 

Any ideas? Tried to contact Salesforce Support but looks like they keep chaning support options to force people to use communities. 

An error occurred at element myRule_5_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Ticket_Number__r.Contract__r.Product__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Update_PO_Product
Type: Workflow
Version: 8
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Update_PO_Product-8_Purchase_Order__c
Current User: Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY)
Start time: 23/08/2016 09:27
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = a04w000000TcYP9AAN
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "23/08/2016 09:27"
DECISION: myDecision
DECISION: myDecision2
DECISION: myDecision4
Executed this outcome: myRule_5
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!formula_myRule_5} (true) Equals true
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)

Am trying to create a visualforce page to integrate Dropbox and Contracts but cannot locate the Contract API name - any ideas?

<apex:page standardController="insert API name" docType ="html-5.0" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"
applyHtmlTag="false" applyBodyTag="false">
<Dropbox_for_SF:Dropbox />
</apex:page>
  • September 25, 2015
Our company requires visbility of emails coming through from a particular customer on our email-2-case address during the times specified below: 

Monday to Friday: 17.00 to 09.00 (OOH)
17.00 Friday to 09.00 Monday (OOH)

This is not our business hours but rather for providing OOH support for customers. Is there a way of doing this? 
When a particualr Account say ACME creates a case and it is from a particular department, we have a predefined set of email addresses whom need to be copied into the case email correpsondence. This includes any customer associated email workflows for the case. i.e.

1) Autoresponse (customer) 
2) Under Review (customer)
3) Case Assignment (internal)
4) Tech acknowledgement (customer) 
5) Arrival Onsite (customer)
6) Complete (customer) 

Our old system outside of Salesforce was clever enough to do this and in comparison is less powerful a tool than the product. 
During the lifecycle of a ticket being open, particular fields are checked on cases and email workflows are sent out tocustomers. Once the status of those tickets are complete, our case manager reviews the cases and updates any missing fields and saves the record. Unfortuntately the email workflows associated with the fields as mentioned previously are again triggered causing duplicate email notifications to customers.

The current criteria is as follows:
Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

How can we prevent this from happening?
Hello,

Am getting various enquiries from my colleagues about recording and working with different time values in Salesforce so it's really a trial at the moment.

One of the guys have asked to work in increments of 15. At the moment most of the time based fields are in minutes. Am looking for a formula that rounds up the value to increments in 15. For example

0 to 15minutes = 1
16 to 30minutes = 2
31 to 45minutes = 3
46 to 60minutes = 4
61 to 90minutes = 5
91 to 114minutes = 6
115 to 129minutes = 7

and so on and so forth

Kind Regards

N