• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Can we implement On-Demand Email to case for below Secnario?

Users are creating case using Visual Workfolws exposed in VF Page.
Once case is created automated email goes to related contact, when related contact replys to automated email the case should be updated with the response and Related contact should NOT be able to create new case using email.

Also if Related contact send any attachment in his/her responce can that attachment be updated to the case?

This is really urgent and any help is greatly approciated...
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Can we implement On-Demand Email to case for below Secnario?

Users are creating case using Visual Workfolws exposed in VF Page.
Once case is created automated email goes to related contact, when related contact replys to automated email the case should be updated with the response and Related contact should NOT be able to create new case using email.

Also if Related contact send any attachment in his/her responce can that attachment be updated to the case?

This is really urgent and any help is greatly approciated...
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have a problem in converting the body of pdf file to a string. 

I tried something like this
Say for example the pdf file is stored in static resource :

My code looks like:
blob b = [select body from staticResource where name = 'testDoc'].body;
string s = b.tostring(); // here i am getting an error like "blob is not a valid UTF-8" 

I found what is the casue but I am not able to overcome that.
The issue is that the body of pdf will have some special character like " ê , ç , ã ".

So that it is showing such error I think. Can anyone help me out !!

Thanks in advance.
  • February 01, 2015
Hi All,
Generic Question:
In a visualforce page I have a custom component.I would like to know when it gets invoked or refreshed.
Like on every time page load or refresh constructor get called.
In the similar way on what all instances the component is invoked.

My Requirement:
I have a table which holds the records.
upon click of each record i want to invoke the component.
How do I acheive this?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi ,
Can before update and after update happen in the same execution?
Hi,

I'm doing a Web service integration between Salesforce and lotus notes where Opportunity data along with the standard attachment attached to it is sent to the lotus notes instance. I'm sending the data on click of the save button (calling the web service from a trigger @future callout)

I came across governor limit which says

Maximum size of callout request or response (HTTP request or Web services call) - 3 MB

But my users are attaching files of large memory (more than 3 MB) causing the total memory of the Opportunity data and attachment sent to exceed 3 MB which results in the error :

System.callout exception :“Exceeded max size limit of 3000000 with request size 3006464

I got a suggestion where the attachment body can be divided into multiple chunks and send the each 3MB in 10 calls which is the maximum data transfer capacity in a single execution.  Here we have the limit of 3x10 =30MB limit

Can someone help me with some sample code. or please let me know the feasiblity.
I am new to salesforce and would like to know the ideal IDE for apex development. I tried Developer Console, but  for beginners its very difficult to code in that. What are IDE tools that are generally used in industry?
I believe that the Storage limits for Developer Sandbox is 10 MB

Data Storage  :  10MB
File Storage    :  10MB

Can we increase this limit  (by paying or by any other means)  beacuse we are not able to test as 10MB seems a very limited memory provided.

Please help
Can we consume an external REST API of a different website within salesforce? my requirement is to get data from an external api and save it to Salesforce.

regards,
mani

Hello all,

I'm using Eclipse Kepler (4.3) and have successfully installed the Force.com plugin. I could even create a project and see all the components. However, everytime I try to access a piece of code or the schema browser, I get an error saying my password is wrong.

I check on my org, and my login lists multiple failed logins for 'Invalid Password'. In my project properties on Eclipse, the password and sec token fields are empty - no matter how many times I enter it, it forgets.

If it can't remember, I expect it to atleast prompt me each time. Can something be done?

Thanks,

LVS

• July 24, 2013