• DW and BI Architect, Salesforce on the side
  • Clean Power Finance

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Or do you persist values in a workflow by creating properties in associated objects (like a Task or Case) that you use during flow execution?

I've inherited the task of Salesforce Development in our instance and was presented with a question.  I don't see a particular variable being persisted anywhere in related Updates located in the flow.  I was wondering if Flow instances come and go, if they persist anywhere, and the best practice for getting that data out.  My predecessor seemed to favor saving variables of importance to things like Task objects.  But if that hasn't been done in the past and I have a variable of importance, would that be available anywhere.  

Wow.  That was a long question(s).  
Or do you persist values in a workflow by creating properties in associated objects (like a Task or Case) that you use during flow execution?

I've inherited the task of Salesforce Development in our instance and was presented with a question.  I don't see a particular variable being persisted anywhere in related Updates located in the flow.  I was wondering if Flow instances come and go, if they persist anywhere, and the best practice for getting that data out.  My predecessor seemed to favor saving variables of importance to things like Task objects.  But if that hasn't been done in the past and I have a variable of importance, would that be available anywhere.