• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Howdy folks!

I'm somewhat new to Force.com development. I've been successful in developing some very helpful functionality into our SF environment. I have several in the pipeline as of now, though am starting to run into some issues managing new code development. As a very small company, I am only a part-time admin. Though feeling quite comfortable with coding, I have no experience with version management, configuration management or cataloging development. This has several downsides that you can imagine.

The biggest challenge as of now is that, as I am only part-time admin and have several other important job functions, it's not uncommon that I am pulled away from development (which mostly take place on nights and weekends...). When I am pulled away development, it can be really hard to remember where I was and what needs to be done. I would like to move away from relying on code comments and scratch notes.

That all being said, anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions on how to manage and track code development, configuration and related info?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hey guys,

I have created a custom object and respective tab. When I go to the tab and create a list of the objects, only the object ID can be clicked to link to the detial of that object.

For example, with a standard object (say Lead), I can pull a leads list, then click on any of the fields (first name, last name, company, etc...) to link to the record detail. For this custom object/tab, I don't seem to have that behavior. Is there any way to force such a behavior?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

D
Hello,

I am new to APEX and was hoping someone could help me.  I am looking to create a class for a button on the case object.  I would like the button to be placed on child cases and retrieve data from certain fields from the parent case.  

I recently created a class for a button on the parent case that will create new child cases and pre-populate certain fields but am not sure how to reverse-engineer my solution for the use case described above.

Can someone please help me write this class or help me write the foundation?

Thanks in advanced.
Hey guys,

I have created a custom object and respective tab. When I go to the tab and create a list of the objects, only the object ID can be clicked to link to the detial of that object.

For example, with a standard object (say Lead), I can pull a leads list, then click on any of the fields (first name, last name, company, etc...) to link to the record detail. For this custom object/tab, I don't seem to have that behavior. Is there any way to force such a behavior?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

D