• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,

I need to generate the Fannie MAE (.fnm) file from Salesforce with object data. Is there anyway to do this, any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am using the REST API from .NET code and fetching one of my custom Encrypted fields from the contact object. How should i decrypt this encrypted field valud to get the actual text in C# ?

Please advise..

Thanks

Hi all

I have a custom VF page to list the Ideas. I have included pagination to display 5 ideas per page. I have used <apex:vote> component to display the promote/demote details.

The issue is, the first time the page is displayed, the vote component is bindied properly. Once we hit the 'Next Page' link, the vote component remains the same as the first page irrespective of the current idea status. I have displayed the associated Idea id to make sure that new ids are bindied and it is.

Is this a Salesforce VF issue or Is there any set up that needs to be done to refresh the VF vote correctly? Can somebody point us in the right direction to resolve this issue?

Thanks
hi,

I have added few custom fields to the article object where there are already 3 standard fields (Title, URL and Summary). Some of the custom fields are pick lists fields and it has few number of values in it. While creating an article, user will choose all these custom fields and saves the article. Now lets say the user has few number of articles which are created using these custom fields. 

My question is, How to make the custom fields' values are searchable for the articles? i.e. if the user searches for an article from search bar, then it should search based on the values of those custom fields also. 

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi all,

There are 6 different flows in OAUTH, they are
1. Web server OAUTH authentication flow
2. User Agent OAUTH authentication flow
3. Username and Password OAUTH authentication flow
4. SAML Assertion Flow (SSO)
5. SAML Bearer Assertion Flow (SSO)
6. JWT Bearer Token Flow

Out of the 6 above flows, can portal users can be authenticated and get session id or token back from salesforce and use it for further accesses?
Portal users dont have security token and they cannot login via "login.salesforce.com''. But is there any way to use any one of the above flows to authenticate the portal users?

Please advise

Thanks
Hi all,

Normally, while creating a community user in salesforce, an email will be sent to the mail id (given during the user creation) with a link to set their password. User has to click the link and set their password and then only the user will be allowed to login to the community (partner or customer community).

Is there a way to skip the password setting step in this? Like, if user is created, dont send a link to mail id, but set the known default password. Is there any settings for this salesforce communities?

Please advice.

Thanks
hi, 

I have a HTML file with a hyper link in the page. On clicking this link, i need to pass the username and password to the community site login page's apex class. How to pass these parameters

In that apex class, how to get these passed values? coz, if i get these values, i can do the site login with these parameters and redirect the user to the community home page.

Please advise

Thanks

hi,

I am trying to connect to SF from external application using the OAuth 2.0 Web Server Authentication Flow and i read about this flow. Came across this URL

https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=
3MVG9lKcPoNINVBIPJjdw1J9LLM82HnFVVX19KY1uA5mu0QqEWhqKpoW3svG3XHrXDiCQjK1mdgAvhCscA
9GE&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fcode_callback.jsp&state=mystate

where i could see URL with
response_type is passed as code,
client_id is the one we get once connected app is set in salesforce,
redirect_uri is URL to redirect once the authentication is done successfully and finally
state is specified as mystate

My question is, what should i give for the response_type and state ? for confirmation, redirect_uri is the URL which we have to redirect the user once the login is success, am i right? 

please advise.

Thanks
Hi,

We are developing a partner portal. There is an external website where the users will login with their username and password. The Username in external site will be setup in the user object's federation ID field for SSO. Also we are doing the Single Sign-on in federated authentication mode.

My question is, when the users clicks the partner portal link from the external system, we need to pass few parameters from external system to partner portal and this should not use the URL to send the parameters as querystring. Please advise on what are all the other ways of passing the arguments from the external system to salesforce?
Hi,

I have come across the Public Knowledge Base (PKB) provided by salesforce itself and its latest version release also supports mobile application too. My question is where the article and its files (PDFs, doc, xls. txt etc,.) will be stored. Is it stored in salesforce.com itself or it is stored in any external system?

Thanks
Hi,

We are planning for a mobile application development. For this application, we need to use the knowledge base to show articles, add new articles etc,. We came across the Public Knowledge Base (PKB) provided by salesforce itself in appexchange. It is well suitable for the desktop application (i.e. view, searching, applying filter and display search results etc,.), but how to expose the PKB through mobile? is it feasible? Is it just a way of displaying kbs or is it a separate module for mobile? Does it use the same KB module?

Please share some ideas and suggestions for doing this asap.
Hi,

We are planning for a mobile application development. For this application, we need to use the knowledge base to show articles, add new articles etc,. We came across the Public Knowledge Base (PKB) provided by salesforce itself in appexchange. It is well suitable for the desktop application (i.e. view, searching, applying filter and display search results etc,.), but how to expose the PKB through mobile? is it feasible? Is it just a way of displaying kbs or is it a separate module for mobile? Does it use the same KB module?

Hi everyone,

I am using the REST API from .NET code and fetching one of my custom Encrypted fields from the contact object. How should i decrypt this encrypted field valud to get the actual text in C# ?

Please advise..

Thanks

Hi all,

Normally, while creating a community user in salesforce, an email will be sent to the mail id (given during the user creation) with a link to set their password. User has to click the link and set their password and then only the user will be allowed to login to the community (partner or customer community).

Is there a way to skip the password setting step in this? Like, if user is created, dont send a link to mail id, but set the known default password. Is there any settings for this salesforce communities?

Please advice.

Thanks
hi, 

I have a HTML file with a hyper link in the page. On clicking this link, i need to pass the username and password to the community site login page's apex class. How to pass these parameters

In that apex class, how to get these passed values? coz, if i get these values, i can do the site login with these parameters and redirect the user to the community home page.

Please advise

Thanks

Hi,

We are planning for a mobile application development. For this application, we need to use the knowledge base to show articles, add new articles etc,. We came across the Public Knowledge Base (PKB) provided by salesforce itself in appexchange. It is well suitable for the desktop application (i.e. view, searching, applying filter and display search results etc,.), but how to expose the PKB through mobile? is it feasible? Is it just a way of displaying kbs or is it a separate module for mobile? Does it use the same KB module?